The 2022 Running Back Debate | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2022 Running Back Debate

I can't really see 2 RB's added to Duke, Lindsay, Gaskin, Ahmed, Laird, Brown, Doaks plus the inevitability that we add a cheap vet.

If we can add a Walker, Hall, Cook - Duke/Lindsay turn into a top notch 2-3 and the rest fight to see who the best pass blocker/short yard guy is

Brown, Ahmed, Lindsay, And Duke are all free agents. Doaks and Laird are practice squad caliber players. That leaves us with Just Gaskin. Would like to resign Duke and draft a few guys

Looks slow to me
Combine is coming.

Right now, we have production information, and frame information.

2018: 1056 yards, 8.9 average, 12 TD
2019: 1011 yards, 6.5 average, 6 TD
2021: 1253 yards, 6.3 average, 13 TD
That is great consistency and experience.

Frame: 71" 215 lbs. That's okay. Which he was 220 but 215 is okay.

I could see him testing slower than thought which could drop him. I like him. But not round 1.

I actually like the idea of taking a RB at the end of the 1st because it means that you don't have to pay him off his rookie deal after 5 years instead of 4. In the world of not wanting to pay RB's huge money, I'd rather have that extra year on him and take a WR/LB in 2/3.

I'd accept Faalale at the end of the 1st too. not sure he makes it to 29 though.

My top 2 options are

1. Kenneth Walker III
2. Trade 29 for Ridley and a 4th

Put me down for Spiller. I actually think he’s under rated as compared to last years backs. I’d still struggle to draft any RB above a WR or OT with a first round grade. I think there will be WR’s and OT’s at our pick in round 2 with a first round grade. So realistically I’m probably thinking Brian Robinson in the 3rd.

Honestly, Id be prefer Breece Hall and Isaiah Spiller near equally with a slight edge to Hall. I also, wouldnt be heartbroken if we drafted Walker III.
Call me crazy but I really want to target James Cooks in round 4 as well. I think with One of the big 3 backs, Duke Johnson and a faster well-rounded back like Cooks we would have a tremendous backfield.

Put me down for Spiller. I actually think he’s under rated as compared to last years backs. I’d still struggle to draft any RB above a WR or OT with a first round grade. I think there will be WR’s and OT’s at our pick in round 2 with a first round grade. So realistically I’m probably thinking Brian Robinson in the 3rd.
I also think this choice comes down to who Miami names as HC.

Spiller is very impressive and he could be the best fit in a McDaniel offense. I like his vision, which I think is underrated.

That SF run game really relies on running backs making choices, reading the blocks, having good instincts. Maybe more so than any other offense.

Who do you see as RB's with the best vision/instincts in this class?

By the way, I like Robinson as a power complement to Duke Johnson and Gaskin.

Back
Top Bottom