The #3 pick has too much value to simply pick a player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The #3 pick has too much value to simply pick a player

Fins need the BEST offensive player a pick can provide and right now who is better than the red hot WR rated the best college prospect of 2021?
Take him at #3 and do NOT look that gifted horse in the mouth but rather rejoice in the opportunity afforded your team to get a coveted piece needed to build a contender in the NFL.

Its happening and heaven forbid they screw this up...Tua to

DeVonta Smith

Alabama Crimson Tide junior wide receiver DeVonta Smith is the winner of the 82nd Heisman Trophy, as announced via a virtual ceremony broadcast on Tuesday night. He is the first full-time wide receiver to win the award since Desmond Howard in 1991 for the Michigan Wolverines.

You can make this argument for every team in the TOP 10. And if they all see it as you do, the people trading away assets to get one of the possible elites....will benefit. The rich get richer.

The Watson stuff is nonsense. And goes against the philosophy Ross, Grier and Flores all advocated and sold their fan base on.
Very true on the last part of your input but this Watson thing is so crazy, rare, even unprecedented that I can't wait to see what happens. I think their new GM will kiss his ass to make nice and hire somebody he is pushing because what GM wants to start his tenure by trading arguably the best QB HOU has seen in their franchise history. I don't think it will happen unless DW puts the pedal to the metal on wanting out.

Last edited:
IMO with Austin Jackson already in house and with a left handed QB, using the gift of #3 overall for Sewell isn’t the best we can do, regardless of how good a prospect he is. This pick this year with particular team needs is unbelievably valuable IMO. Our phone will be ringing off the hook with offers.

Bottom line is it’s just football. Lawrence is just a quarterback. Maybe he will have the same stellar career as Andrew Luck, maybe less. Sewell, just a big dude who does what the coach wants him to do. The receiver catches the ball. Take the value out, it’s a roster to go against another roster. You don’t get to play like a pokedex. The third pick can be used on just a guy. You hope he’s a pro-bowler. Somebody gets the first, second, third whatever. It is great fun to speculate, but just do what seems to be best at the time the draft clock starts and get on with coaching them up and playing football.

At least we are in an enviable position with several QB hungry teams and a strong QB draft class. Additionally, we have Cincinnati who would probably give up a future first to move up 2 spots to draft Sewell to protect Burrow. This seems like a year where we have so many of the right pieces in place as well as other team needs to absolutely crush the draft, as well as set us up for the next few years draft as well. Exciting stuff.
I like your style

Bottom line is it’s just football. Lawrence is just a quarterback. Maybe he will have the same stellar career as Andrew Luck, maybe less. Sewell, just a big dude who does what the coach wants him to do. The receiver catches the ball. Take the value out, it’s a roster to go against another roster. You don’t get to play like a pokedex. The third pick can be used on just a guy. You hope he’s a pro-bowler. Somebody gets the first, second, third whatever. It is great fun to speculate, but just do what seems to be best at the time the draft clock starts and get on with coaching them up and playing football.
I would think Trevor wants a career way better than Luck. I think Luck's career was was worse (and shorter) than anybody could ever predict

Sure and the #1 has even more value than #3 someone should tell Jacksoville to forgo selecting Lawrence. The haul they could get could be franchise altering. We might never pick this high again for a while, I rather draft a blue chip player.

But who is that blue chip player?

At least we are in an enviable position with several QB hungry teams and a strong QB draft class. Additionally, we have Cincinnati who would probably give up a future first to move up 2 spots to draft Sewell to protect Burrow. This seems like a year where we have so many of the right pieces in place as well as other team needs to absolutely crush the draft, as well as set us up for the next few years draft as well. Exciting stuff.
I highly doubt Cincy is giving up a future 1st to move up 2 spots. Cincy never trades like literally never. Believe me I’d do it in a heartbeat if they offered their 2022 #1. I’m just saying I highly doubt it.

If we’re looking for a 2022 #1 we may be able to coax it out of Detroit Carolina or Denver at 7/8/9 bc if they’re coming up it’s for a QB.

Even if we were picking number 10, this draft still has plenty of depth. That is why selling down can work but everyone is expecting Miami deep down inside to not pick a qb.

I think the opposite. We need elite talent. Elite talent like X Howard change games.

The #3 pick guarantees nothing but if your board says there’s an elite talent at 3 then pick them. I don’t care if it’s OL, Wr, or even QB. I’m a Tua fan but ya I said it.

You can find elite talent lower in the draft but they’re exceptions of an imperfect evaluation system.

IMO with Austin Jackson already in house and with a left handed QB, using the gift of #3 overall for Sewell isn’t the best we can do, regardless of how good a prospect he is. This pick this year with particular team needs is unbelievably valuable IMO. Our phone will be ringing off the hook with offers.
Cincinnati doesn’t trade up let alone down - trades are hard to consummate expect a pick and if that is the case who is it?

Shoukd we get a trade down horribly it keeps us close to a WR

Miami has made this mistake before. Trying to get multiple talented players vs 1.

Instead of getting a player like Earl Thomas, they traded back for Jared Odrick and Koa Misi.

Stay at 3.
On February 20, 2017, Odrick was released by the Jaguars
On July 25, 2017, the Dolphins placed Misi on injured reserve with a neck injury

Two epic FAILS...Use #3 to get speed to burn and hands to catch

Back
Top Bottom