The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins

First of all, are you really stu gotz? and why the **** would you pick stu gotz hes a ****ing jets fan

Has nothing to do with the radio personality or the jets. How dare you. Tony Sporano (not to be confused with our head coach) had a boat on the show named "The Stugots."

true

No, it's called a lot of people are tired of the negative threads. If Fin Heaven were a cartoon it would have a storm cloud with rain over it's head.
clear.gif

Funny thing is...all teams' forums look like this one! Even the Jets fansites are talking about how their team won't make the playoffs, that Gruden should be brought in... that the Fins are better, etc (ok I made up that last one-ha!)

The more I think about it, the more I think that Sparano is not doing the biz. He made great strides initially by:
1) Weeding out the negative players
2) Preparing the team physically
3) Motivating them that they were better than 1-15
4) Showed them how not to lose and stay competitive in games

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes a different mentality to make a good team great than it does to make a poor team good. I hoped that Sparano could transition from one to the other, but I can see that we're still playing scared. The reason Henne throws picks and stares down receivers is the same reason DBs are dropping INTs, WRs are missing catches and the run game is stuttering. In trying to play "no error" football, the players are scared ****less and actually making more errors than they normally would. There's just no mojo in Miami and that is Sparano's fault.

Sparano probably needs to go, but given the revolving door that has been the Dolphins in recent years, I'd start by bringing in a very positively minded OC. See how Tony meshes with a positive DC and a positive OC and decide from there.

The squad isn't bad at all. I think we are better than our record. We've been very competitive and arguably could have won all but the Pats, Ravens and Bears. Even the Pats game was a great performance killed by a ST meltdown (which we have since addressed). The closeness of most of the games and the quality of the teams we have faced is a very strong argument for saying we're better than .500.

I'm fine with drafting a QB with a high pick, but I wouldn't rush to blame Henne for our woes. I'd like to see the guy with an OC that can motivate and playcall Henne to his best. When Henne is playing his best and is still not good enough, then I'll say it's time to look at our options.

I hear ya, but Miami has also done some impressive things with it's roster in just under three seasons (completely turned over the 53 man roster, making it into the second-youngest in the league while still having solid talent on both sides of the ball).

I suppose that we could try and compare the two teams on a position by position basis, but I still think that when you get right down to it, the main difference between the two franchises is that one has a QB that seems to have already ascended to "legit starting QB" status while the other one has not.

Perhaps that's overly simplistic, but I think it's viable, no?

Without a doubt. It's hard to get excited about the future of the Dolphins when it has a gaping hole at the most important position on the field. Without a legit QB nothing else matters.

If I can add # 7 into that list...

7. I'm a dolfan for life. This is depressing and painful sometimes to watch this team play

We are bound to get a good GM and coach soon...We can't keep hiring garbage!

And no, Morono and Ireland are not good.

Our defense has improved to top 5 material. Even though they have dropped lots of INT's, that can improve with better concentration (it can be fixed without changing players). We have a pretty good WR corp with Wallace and Moore developing. We have a pro bowl kicker. I think the QB situation is our biggest challenge without a doubt. Getting this fixed will propel Miami into the next level of NFL teams.

Oh, one more thing. The FO has done a good job at finding diamond in the rough players even though they have done a bad job at drafting in the first few rounds. One diamond in the rough that no one is talking about is the running back from Purdue that got hurt in preseason (forgot his name). He looked like he was up and coming before the injury. My hope is he will be another undrafted player that proves to be a stud (like Bess). He has speed and is young ... just what our offense needs.

I do not agree with #1 at all.

That 11-5 season happened because of many things working out our way, such as staying healthy and the success of the Wildcat. Tom Brady was hurt, which benefited us. Also, Pennington was healthy all year, and he played great (something he hadn't done in a while). We were not a real playoff team, thus Baltimore whooped our ***.

Obviously, we regressed last year going 7-9. Pennington going down in week 3, forcing us to put it an inexperienced 2nd-year QB. Pennington's inability to have 2 healthy years in a row definitely ****ed us up in 2009. We had no true #1 receiver, a garbage starting safety, and 2 of our top 3 corners were rookies.

This team overall much better than last years, and is right up there with 2008's team. Our defense is top 5, but the offense as we know, has some problems. Also, unlike 2008, we were unable to stay healthy, the injuries just keep piling up. Henne is playing very inconsistent and Marshall has not performed up to expectations (not to say he hasn't played good, but obviously not a 100-catch receiver this year). All of our **** ups have been self inflicted. Not many teams have truly outplayed us this year.

To say that this team has regressed every year is not very accurate at all. If anything, this team is the best under this regime. It just so happens we have been injury plagued.

Back
Top Bottom