The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins

The only thing we need to know with regard to Miami vs TB is that Tampa is 7-5 and with their remaining schedule has a good shot at going 11-5, while Miami has a good shot at going 7-9, given we can beat detroit.. This season TB is a far better team than we are. Id take Freeman anyday over Henne

I'd take Freeman over Henne as well at this point. That was the whole point of my post. That he's a major reason for Tampa Bay's above-500 while Henne is one of the major reasons for Miami's .500 record.

The rest of your assertion seems flawed in my opinion. There are a lot of factors that you have to consider when comparing Miami to Tampa Bay. For example, strength of Schedule (5 of Miami's 6 losses have come to teams that are considered elite: Jets, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Bears).

Moreover, you can't use projected records as some sort of support for your assertion. If you want to use records as evidence, either use current records (Miami 6-6 vs Tampa Bay 7-5) or wait until the season is over.

I'll tell you this much, if you compare the two team's defenses, Miami has a clear advantage.

Not for nothing, but I think you have some weird emotional issues.

Who said that I'm smarter than anyone else on this board? (besides you insinuating it)

Who cares about what you tried to tell me a long time ago? (besides you, self-aggrandizing as usual)

Seriously, you sit there and tell me about my supposed inability to form an opinion while simultaneously commenting on what? My opinion (namely, the only advantage the Bucs have over the Dolphins in the personnel department is quarterback play).

Do you realize how ironic and sad that is?

Here's another opinion I have on the Bucs/Dolphins comparison. One of the reasons Tampa Bay is 7-5 is because they play in an easier conference and have had an easier schedule through 12 games. Put that in Ricky's bong and smoke it.

It doesn't matter what you think I have... you're no better at judging people than you are football players... and that's pretty f*cking bad...

YOU "insinuate" that you're somehow smarter or more "sophisticated" (remember that?) than a lot of the posters on this forum with your SANCTIMONIOUS questions reguarding how they form their opinions and what it's based on...

Their opinion is based on the fact that they're NOT IDIOTS...

YOU are the one that specifically said that people would get "laughed off" of your "other more sophisticated" forums, where you and a bunch of bozos get together and try to one up each other playing stat nerd....

That is YOU insinuating you're somehow smarter... when the fact is, you're a flat out moron, who can't even form an opinion until after the fact... and have done nothing but completely whiff on every post I've ever seen you make in the first place...

The guy has apparently seen enough of Henne to know what his opinion of him is.... YOU won't know it until after he's been cut and out of the league just like the John Beck thumpers... that's the difference.

Are you basing this on a thorough evaluation or just a knee-jerk reaction?

The only thing that Tampa Bay has over Miami is a young quarterback that is ahead of the learning curve (and is significantly better/more consistent than Henne at this point). Other than that, I don't see a better overall roster at all.

If you can't see what's happening in Tampa then you're not looking. Young coach who's aggressive and filling into his role as head coach and leader. An offense that features two WR rookies in Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams and a second year player in Sammie Stroughter who's a lot better than people think, a solid TE in Kellen Winslow and a freakin mack truck at running back by the name of LeGarrette Blount and their defense has some very good young players as well. What Raheem Morris has been able to do there in 2 years after what Gruden did to that team is pretty impressive.

If I were a Tampa fan I'd be pretty excited about the future.

I'd take Freeman over Henne as well at this point. That was the whole point of my post. That he's a major reason for Tampa Bay's above-500 while Henne is one of the major reasons for Miami's .500 record

The rest of your assertion seems flawed in my opinion. There are a lot of factors that you have to consider when comparing Miami to Tampa Bay. For example, strength of Schedule (5 of Miami's 6 losses have come to teams that are considered elite: Jets, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Bears)..

Agreed, and I get that.. Im looking at it from an end of the day perspective and the, you are what your record says you are arguement. I mean years from now in looking back through the records, one will only take a record into consideration in terms of standings.. They wont be looking at scheduling. Saban was 15-17 and he is deemed as a losing coach, without taking the teams we faced as a variable, and vice versa for a winning head coach in 2005.

Moreover, you can't use projected records as some sort of support for your assertion. If you want to use records as evidence, either use current records (Miami 6-6 vs Tampa Bay 7-5) or wait until the season is over.

I'll tell you this much, if you compare the two team's defenses, Miami has a clear advantage.

I agree.. I wasnt saying that would happen perse, but there is a chance of it happening, good or otherwise... Miami definitely does have a superior defense, but Tampa is a more exciting team, IMO anyway

No, it's called a lot of people are tired of the negative threads. If Fin Heaven were a cartoon it would have a storm cloud with rain over it's head.
clear.gif

If you think no other team's message board gets like this when they are and have been losing for a while, then you are clueless.

It doesn't matter what you think I have... you're no better at judging people than you are football players... and that's pretty f*cking bad...

YOU "insinuate" that you're somehow smarter or more "sophisticated" (remember that?) than a lot of the posters on this forum with your SANCTIMONIOUS questions reguarding how they form their opinions and what it's based on...

Their opinion is based on the fact that they're NOT IDIOTS...

YOU are the one that specifically said that people would get "laughed off" of your "other more sophisticated" forums, where you and a bunch of bozos get together and try to one up each other playing stat nerd....

That is YOU insinuating you're somehow smarter... when the fact is, you're a flat out moron, who can't even form an opinion until after the fact... and have done nothing but completely whiff on every post I've ever seen you make in the first place...

The guy has apparently seen enough of Henne to know what his opinion of him is.... YOU won't know it until after he's been cut and out of the league just like the John Beck thumpers... that's the difference.

I think this reply sort of proved my point about folks like you being laughed off other Dolphins forums. Thanks for the laugh!

Clearly, I touched a nerve with you, eliciting the kind of juvenile response that more or less exposes your emotional state of mind.

Moron this and idiot that...

Boy, I guess you really told me (actually, your little 5th grade rant made me that much more thankful for my emotional lot in life)

hahahaha!

Let me know when you're ready to get back to discussion football as opposed to pulling your emotional pants down.

If you can't see what's happening in Tampa then you're not looking. Young coach who's aggressive and filling into his role as head coach and leader. An offense that features two WR rookies in Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams and a second year player in Sammie Stroughter who's a lot better than people think, a solid TE in Kellen Winslow and a freakin mack truck at running back by the name of LeGarrette Blount and their defense has some very good young players as well. What Raheem Morris has been able to do there in 2 years after what Gruden did to that team is pretty impressive.

If I were a Tampa fan I'd be pretty excited about the future.

I hear ya, but Miami has also done some impressive things with it's roster in just under three seasons (completely turned over the 53 man roster, making it into the second-youngest in the league while still having solid talent on both sides of the ball).

I suppose that we could try and compare the two teams on a position by position basis, but I still think that when you get right down to it, the main difference between the two franchises is that one has a QB that seems to have already ascended to "legit starting QB" status while the other one has not.

Perhaps that's overly simplistic, but I think it's viable, no?

Agreed, and I get that.. Im looking at it from an end of the day perspective and the, you are what your record says you are arguement. I mean years from now in looking back through the records, one will only take a record into consideration in terms of standings.. They wont be looking at scheduling. Saban was 15-17 and he is deemed as a losing coach, without taking the teams we faced as a variable, and vice versa for a winning head coach in 2005.

I agree.. I wasnt saying that would happen perse, but there is a chance of it happening, good or otherwise... Miami definitely does have a superior defense, but Tampa is a more exciting team, IMO anyway

Fair points.

Again, as I mentioned to the Datruth, I think that when you boil things down, the difference between the two teams is production at the QB position.

needs heading into next year.

1.qb
2. RT
3. rb
4. te
5. interior O Line
6. ilb next to Dansby
7. starting cb opposite Vontae
8. starting wr
9. pass rush help for Wake
10. punt returner
11. kick returner

wow, thats alot of friggin needs for a team supposedly ready to contend in year 4 of this rebuilding plan. what a joke.

Not for nothing, but I think you have some weird emotional issues.

Who said that I'm smarter than anyone else on this board? (besides you insinuating it)

Who cares about what you tried to tell me a long time ago? (besides you, self-aggrandizing as usual)

Seriously, you sit there and tell me about my supposed inability to form an opinion while simultaneously commenting on what? My opinion (namely, the only advantage the Bucs have over the Dolphins in the personnel department is quarterback play).

Do you realize how ironic and sad that is?

Here's another opinion I have on the Bucs/Dolphins comparison. One of the reasons Tampa Bay is 7-5 is because they play in an easier conference and have had an easier schedule through 12 games. Put that in Ricky's bong and smoke it.

whoa there big fella. why you bringing my name into this?

Sadly, number 6 made me chuckle a bit (can't catch interceptions thrown right to them)

Sadly, number 6 made me chuckle a bit (can't catch interceptions thrown right to them)

Yeah, that one will make anyone chuckle!!

BUT, their theatrics are great .... Freeze ... look in disbelief at their hands, clutch their head in hands ... teammates give them an adda-boy swat.

Heck, I think Nolan ought to teach them to .... Stop, Drop, & Roll ... the ball might fall on top of them!! :lol:

needs heading into next year.

1.qb
2. RT
3. rb
4. te
5. interior O Line
6. ilb next to Dansby
7. starting cb opposite Vontae
8. starting wr
9. pass rush help for Wake
10. punt returner
11. kick returner

wow, thats alot of friggin needs for a team supposedly ready to contend in year 4 of this rebuilding plan. what a joke.

And with our special teams being so awful for such a long time, a couple of special teams aces added would be nice. I am sick and tired of seeing good starters like Vontae Davis on kick coverage. That just reeks stupidity.

First of all, are you really stu gotz? and why the **** would you pick stu gotz hes a ****ing jets fan

Back
Top Bottom