The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 6 most depressing things about the current Miami Dolphins

Imagine 2 years ago if someone said, "In 2 years, Tampa Bay will be much better off than the Dolphins." I know I would have had that person committed. But it's happened. Setting ownership aside, who wouldn't rather have Tampa Bay's team going forward?

Now that is depressing.

What I find truly depressing is it could get worse next season. So many question marks from 4/5 's of the o-line, QB, OC, HC, TE to RB.

Bottom line is that this is a typical "glass is half empty" post in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, Miami is just a legit start quarterback away from being a perennial playoff contender (and barring an amazing epiphany, inconsistent Henne is not that quarterback)

Wow, you really did a 180 on Henne. You're probably right on giving up on him but I just have a hard time giving up on anybody with Dan Henning as their Offensive Coordinator. I guess that's why my patience hasn't completely ran out. That and the fact that there is no one outside of Luck that is any better to replace him.

I can't stop thinking Henne is just a younger Kerry Collins. =/
Would really like to see him work under someone else though. After having a couple of the players on O come out and question play calling in interviews you have to believe that is some of it. They tried to fit Henne into the game plan instead of fitting the game plan to henne.

:lol: Figures that this thread gets one star. The truth hurts and nobody likes to acknowledge it.

No, it's called a lot of people are tired of the negative threads. If Fin Heaven were a cartoon it would have a storm cloud with rain over it's head.
clear.gif

This loss to Cleveland really reminds of the loss to Houston last year. End of the season on the cusp of the playoff race with a shot to at least make some noise and have a chance to get into the tournament, and they just completely lay a stinker. That's a huge indictment on the coaching staff to me. I've been called an ******* for bashing this coaching staff for the last 18 months. Funny how things work.

This is a clear sign that Sparano is just a very bad head coach. He rarely ever has his team ready and focused for big games.

Imagine 2 years ago if someone said, "In 2 years, Tampa Bay will be much better off than the Dolphins." I know I would have had that person committed. But it's happened. Setting ownership aside, who wouldn't rather have Tampa Bay's team going forward?

Now that is depressing.

Are you basing this on a thorough evaluation or just a knee-jerk reaction?

The only thing that Tampa Bay has over Miami is a young quarterback that is ahead of the learning curve (and is significantly better/more consistent than Henne at this point). Other than that, I don't see a better overall roster at all.

Wow, you really did a 180 on Henne. You're probably right on giving up on him but I just have a hard time giving up on anybody with Dan Henning as their Offensive Coordinator. I guess that's why my patience hasn't completely ran out. That and the fact that there is no one outside of Luck that is any better to replace him.

Well not really. What I've been saying for most of the season is that Henne deserved a good 25-30 starts (at least) in order to get a full evaluation. Also, I'm on the record saying that I won't be overly upset if Henne returns as the starter in 2011.

That said, it is clear that he suffers from one of the worst afflictions a quarterback can have; inconsistency.

I hope he plays amazingly these last four games of the season, but after 25 or so games, his track record suggest that he'll be up and down and up and down and up and down...

The NFL is a quarterback league, plain and simple. Therefore, it would be wise to invest in a franchise quarterback via the draft. If Henne ends up panning out over time great, but this franchise cannot afford to wait and see on that.

I know there's a lot of depression about at the moment. But personally I never saw us as a superbowl contending team this year. We've got a young group of players, some really exciting ones, especially on the defesive side. But they were probably about a year away from truely reaching their potential.

We are only missing a couple of ingredients in my mind to be a strong contender. Trouble is at least one of them, a franchise QB, is absolutely essential in today's NFL. The other for me is a #2 wideout to replace Hartline.

We have to draft a QB very high in 2011's draft, it's quality we need now not quantity, so I would have no problem giving up some to move up the order, problem is we have no 2nd round, this year, so we're going to be working against it to get the guy that looks like he can fill that role. Lose out to the end of the season and we may have a better bargaining position.

Of course that would mean we are working with a Rookie QB, so it'll be the start of another 3 year project, before he's ready to take this team where it needs to go I'm afraid.

The alternative is trading for a veteran QB, but there's none likely to be available that will fill our requirement.

The only thing that Tampa Bay has over Miami is a young quarterback that is ahead of the learning curve (and is significantly better/more consistent than Henne at this point). Other than that, I don't see a better overall roster at all.

Josh Freeman isn't ahead of the learning curve... he's merely on schedule. He was a 3 year starter in college that set school passing records at K-State... what he's doing is IMPROVING his decision making.

Chad Henne is behind schedule... and I tried to tell you that a long time ago. You're not smarter than anybody else here Guzman, I guarantee you that. So spare everyone your sanctimonious questions about how they form their opinions and what's it's based on... because AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO FORM ONE...

Strange how all Tampa has to do is have a better quarterback to be a better team, eh?

No, it's called a lot of people are tired of the negative threads. If Fin Heaven were a cartoon it would have a storm cloud with rain over it's head.
clear.gif

That being said, it must be nice living in never never land - let us all know when how it is when the blind homers come back to reality.

The only thing we need to know with regard to Miami vs TB is that Tampa is 7-5 and with their remaining schedule has a good shot at going 11-5, while Miami has a good shot at going 7-9, given we can beat detroit.. This season TB is a far better team than we are. Id take Freeman anyday over Henne

Josh Freeman isn't ahead of the learning curve... he's merely on schedule. He was a 3 year starter in college that set school passing records at K-State... what he's doing is IMPROVING his decision making.

Chad Henne is behind schedule... and I tried to tell you that a long time ago. You're not smarter than anybody else here Guzman, I guarantee you that. So spare everyone your sanctimonious questions about how they form their opinions and what's it's based on... because AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO FORM ONE...

Strange how all Tampa has to do is have a better quarterback to be a better team, eh?

Not for nothing, but I think you have some weird emotional issues.

Who said that I'm smarter than anyone else on this board? (besides you insinuating it)

Who cares about what you tried to tell me a long time ago? (besides you, self-aggrandizing as usual)

Seriously, you sit there and tell me about my supposed inability to form an opinion while simultaneously commenting on what? My opinion (namely, the only advantage the Bucs have over the Dolphins in the personnel department is quarterback play).

Do you realize how ironic and sad that is?

Here's another opinion I have on the Bucs/Dolphins comparison. One of the reasons Tampa Bay is 7-5 is because they play in an easier conference and have had an easier schedule through 12 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom