The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 125 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

The way I see this edge class, Latu is #1 by a big gag due to his size.

If GMs get past his medical, some of them probably agree with my idiot ass.

it might take a miracle for him to fall to #21 I'm afraid.

Agree on the size...

You've probably read my comments on Verse. I think he's too small to play as a low-bend bull-rusher... I suspect he's maxed out and as an older, smaller guy from the ACC... I'm just not expecting a high ceiling.

Latu has a higher ceiling... I believe, even though he is older as well.

Agree on the size...

You've probably read my comments on Verse. I think he's too small to play as a low-bend bull-rusher... I suspect he's maxed out and as an older, smaller guy from the ACC... I'm just not expecting a high ceiling.

Turner looks smaller than Verse just from my memory, so I'd be okay if we took Verse.

If we're taking a smallish DE I'd trade down and take Chop Robenson, hes got a sky high ceiling , the dude ran a 4.4 40 as a DE

Forget Verse and Turner

Chop is smaller, but he has elite speed and a huge first step burst... plus, he's 2 years younger, so you really need to compare his game to where Verse was two years ago.

He's going to be drafted purely on upside... and whoever gets him might get an absolute gift... or... their entrant for a track meet.

Again... capacity for risk.

Turner looks smaller than Verse just from my memory, so I'd be okay if we took Verse.

If we're taking a smallish DE I'd trade down and take Chop Robenson, hes got a sky high ceiling , the dude ran a 4.4 40 as a DE

Forget Verse and Turner
Heh... was just typing about him.

Chop is smaller, but he has elite speed and a huge first step burst... plus, he's 2 years younger, so you really need to compare his game to where Verse was two years ago.

He's going to be drafted purely on upside... and whoever gets him might get an absolute gift... or... their entrant for a track meet.

Again... capacity for risk.
Pew Pew Pew Finger Guns GIF by University of Phoenix

But I think we now return to the idea... this isn't a great Edge year.

Turner and Chop are twitchy... but smallish.
Verse is smallish... and a older, bull rusher.
Latu has the best combination of twitch, size, and speed... but a injury red flag.

Sure... it could work out... but none of them are slam dunks.

I agree Philips coming out had me more concerned than Latu... by alot. Latu has zero future concerns as reported by a few team doctors.

He should be a great 8 to 10 years edge rusher. He's my #1 in the class.
I agree. With something like a fusion, I wouldn't expect it to be any weaker once he's fully recovered. The concussion info is more mixed.

Agree on the size...

neck injuries don't get better and have shortened/ended a lot of careers.

This is why I’d go edge in the first round. Verse and Latu are vastly better than any edge we’ll get at pick 55 (this year or any other year), and there’s a good chance one of them is there at 21.

But on the OL? Very hard to say with confidence that, for example, first round options like Fashanu or Graham Barton are going to be significantly better pros than second round options like Patrick Paul or Cooper Beebe. OL is too much of a crapshoot.
Beebe? He is a tad heavy footed for this offense I would think.

A couple of quibbles for me.

Obviously, I've made it clear that I believe Barton can play T.
I also think Latham can play LT.

But I agree with the rest.
I agree about Latham. I disagree about Barton but you already knew that. I wouldn't be mad if Barton was the pick, but I'm hoping one of those other tackles that we like fall.

Back
Top Bottom