The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 124 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

I wouldn't take Turner for the Dolphins.... I dont think he will be able to play the run at all in the NFL. He doesn't fit the mold of our current DEs.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE
That's why Chad if you look in my topic "I TOOK VERSE!" 😂

Okay, so I have a question for you, as someone who is just now joining the "edge at 21" crew.

Am I crazy for thinking Dallas Turner is being overdrafted if he goes in the top 10 bc of his size?
I think he's more 'athlete' than 'football player' relative to Latu or Verse. Many teams draft that way.

I think he's more 'athlete' than 'football player' relative to Latu or Verse. Many teams draft that way.
Speaking of a guy like that... Chop Robenson is interesting AF.

Not sure he's pick 21 worthy but he has the ceiling of Dwight Freeney.... but the floor of Dion Jordan. He reminds me of both of them, it's weird.

But what do I know? **** we are likely trading our first and second to Vegas for Crosby.
(and just like that, 100 dreams and months of pre-draft speculation by many on here goes up in smoke) 😘
OMG Crosby, we wouldn't lose a game. He's the best in the league right now if you ask me,

I'm higher on Latu than you are. I have Latu as a more refined but less athletic Jaelon Phillips. I had Phillips as the best edge in his draft. If they were in the same draft, I would have had Phillips above Latu, but Latu would have been my #2 or #3 edge (depending on how you were classifying Parsons). (I had Phillips and Parsons as 1 and 2 depending on how much weight you put on injury concerns vs. attitude concerns for them respectively).

I didn't want Phillips... that series of concussions scared me... not only for our good, but for his. We've seen so much info on CTE these days...
Looking back on it, I'm not sure we can make a connection to his injuries in school to his pretty substantial injury now, but I do think some bodies are just not made for the NFL.

I actually have fewer reservations about Latu than I did with Phillips, but again... neck injuries generally don't really get better, just look to Ezukanma on that.

I've got Latu as the #2 to Turner and without the medical retirement, I might have him at #1. I love his body of work... hate his red flags.

I'd put him in the one contract player box. When you draft a player like this, you really don't expect them to play past 30 years old... so I devalue them a bit (sometimes a lot).

Latu is the classic 'measures your capacity for risk' player... and in general, I will take these players before the character risk guys.

I like Latu... would even take him at 21 if the Tackles are wiped out, but I'd be left with a sinking feeling.

I didn't want Phillips... that series of concussions scared me... not only for our good, but for his. We've seen so much info on CTE these days...
Looking back on it, I'm not sure we can make a connection to his injuries in school to his pretty substantial injury now, but I do think some bodies are just not made for the NFL.

I actually have fewer reservations about Latu than I did with Phillips, but again... neck injuries generally don't really get better, just look to Ezukanma on that.

I've got Latu as the #2 to Turner and without the medical retirement, I might have him at #1. I love his body of work... hate his red flags.

I'd put him in the one contract player box. When you draft a player like this, you really don't expect them to play past 30 years old... so I devalue them a bit (sometimes a lot).

Latu is the classic 'measures your capacity for risk' player... and in general, I will take these players before the character risk guys.

I like Latu... would even take him at 21 if the Tackles are wiped out, but I'd be left with a sinking feeling.
I would have more of a concern if he hadn't played so well since the fusion. As such I don't anticipate his risk is higher than any other player's.

I would have more of a concern if he hadn't played so well since the fusion. As such I don't anticipate his risk is higher than any other player's.
I am always left with this question... and it's not one that I think anyone can really answer.

That initial injury... was it caused by a one in a lifetime, extreme circumstance that would have felled any man? Or... was it caused because his body, his neck is weaker structurally than most people?

His doctor might know... he might not, and even IF he knew... would he be honest?

The first set of doctors told him to retire. The second okayed his return. To me... that level of disagreement is concerning.

I agree Philips coming out had me more concerned than Latu... by alot. Latu has zero future concerns as reported by a few team doctors.

He should be a great 8 to 10 years edge rusher. He's my #1 in the class.

I agree Philips coming out had me more concerned than Latu... by alot. Latu has zero future concerns as reported by a few team doctors.

He should be a great 8 to 10 years edge rusher. He's my #1 in the class.
If you are right... he's a gift at 21.

I am always left with this question... and it's not one that I think anyone can really answer.

That initial injury... was it caused by a one in a lifetime, extreme circumstance that would have felled any man? Or... was it caused because his body, his neck is weaker structurally than most people?

His doctor might know... he might not, and even IF he knew... would he be honest?

The first set of doctors told him to retire. The second okayed his return. To me... that level of disagreement is concerning.
But at some point you gotta take the talent over that concern.

It's the NFL, every play these guys are one weird hit away from it being over.

But at some point you gotta take the talent over that concern.

It's the NFL, every play these guys are one weird hit away from it being over.
That has been Grier's take on players with injury concerns... sometimes it has worked and others... not.

I do know that the peanut gallery here at FH loses it's mind every time one of these injury risks fails.

So... maybe I'm risk adverse because of the non-stop whining?

If you are right... he's a gift at 21.
The way I see this edge class, Latu is #1 by a big gag due to his size.

If GMs get past his medical, some of them probably agree with my idiot ass.

it might take a miracle for him to fall to #21 I'm afraid.

That has been Grier's take on players with injury concerns... sometimes it has worked and others... not.

I do know that the peanut gallery here at FH loses it's mind every time one of these injury risks fails.

So... maybe I'm risk adverse because of the non-stop whining?
It's funny, I can think of more Grier busts without injury concerns, than ones with them.

Back
Top Bottom