The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 123 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

In a week the draft will be drawing to a close and the focus will shift to udfa on the market. There's a few names I have my eyes on if they don't get snatched up in the 7th round. Brevyn Spann-Ford is a giant TE. He's a good blocker, but a better reciever than I think he's shown at Minnesota. AT 6'7 265/270 he's worth a look.

Last edited:
Draft can’t get here soon enough.
I agree. I do enjoy lead up though. Some of us have love affair with certain players I'm guilty as well. Then we all find out in year or 2 that it doesn't always end up as we thought. Players we pounded the table about for months end up being just average players.

Last edited:
This is why I’d go edge in the first round. Verse and Latu are vastly better than any edge we’ll get at pick 55 (this year or any other year), and there’s a good chance one of them is there at 21.

But on the OL? Very hard to say with confidence that, for example, first round options like Fashanu or Graham Barton are going to be significantly better pros than second round options like Patrick Paul or Cooper Beebe. OL is too much of a crapshoot.
The closer we get to the draft the more I'm aligning with this train of thought.

Edge is always a need and if you look at it this way....

We likley could have one of the following

The 5th/6th Best Tackle Prospect

The 4th/5th best Wide-Out prospect

The 5th/6th best Quarterback prospect

OR

The 1st or 2nd best edge rusher.

It makes sense

The closer we get to the draft the more I'm aligning with this train of thought.

OR

It makes sense
Mikey's favorite position is Edge. Coincidentally it's mine too. Need to update my glasses prescription.

OR

It makes sense
But then the question becomes... since most of the scouts agree that this is a poor year for edge rushers... how high would Latu and Verse rate in a more normal year?
Instead of #2 and #3, would they instead be #5 and #6?

I suspect the answer might be 'yes'.

Mikey's favorite position is Edge. Coincidentally it's mine too. Need to update my glasses prescription.
Okay, so I have a question for you, as someone who is just now joining the "edge at 21" crew.

Am I crazy for thinking Dallas Turner is being overdrafted if he goes in the top 10 bc of his size?

But then the question becomes... since most of the scouts agree that this is a poor year for edge rushers... how high would Latu and Verse rate in a more normal year?

Good point Feva

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Okay, so I have a question for you, as someone who is just now joining the "edge at 21" crew.

Am I crazy for thinking Dallas Turner is being overdrafted if he goes in the top 10 bc of his size?
Just joining? I have been edge for awhile. Especially with JP and Chubby on the mend.

Someone will take turner early but no crystal ball here. One trade and the matrix is all mixed up.

I'm higher on Latu than you are. I have Latu as a more refined but less athletic Jaelon Phillips. I had Phillips as the best edge in his draft. If they were in the same draft, I would have had Phillips above Latu, but Latu would have been my #2 or #3 edge (depending on how you were classifying Parsons). (I had Phillips and Parsons as 1 and 2 depending on how much weight you put on injury concerns vs. attitude concerns for them respectively).

Just joining? I have been edge for awhile. Especially with JP and Chubby on the mend.

Someone will take turner early but no crystal ball here. One trade and the matrix is all mixed up.
I wouldn't take Turner for the Dolphins.... I dont think he will be able to play the run at all in the NFL. He doesn't fit the mold of our current DEs.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Back
Top Bottom