The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

I'm good with replacing Mike White, just not with that clown Mac Jones. Don't need him throwing temper tantrums on the sideline.

View attachment 162478

All backups are clowns. You can't be choosy. Especially when you have a guy with decent pedigree and a butt load of playing experience. Its hard to do much better than Mac Jones, who's really been in a horrible position the last two years. Having Matt Patricia as your offensive coordinator in your second year is a travesty. Backing up Tua is a natural fit for MJ. Do you really think Tua would've been that much better in NE the last two years?

All backups are clowns. You can't be choosy. Especially when you have a guy with decent pedigree and a butt load of playing experience. Its hard to do much better than Mac Jones, who's really been in a horrible position the last two years. Having Matt Patricia as your offensive coordinator in your second year is a travesty. Backing up Tua is a natural fit for MJ. Do you really think Tua would've been that much better in NE the last two years?
I completely agree with this view. Their is talent and pedigree with MJ that's not there with MW.

A DT who averages 4 sacks a year isn't work 25 million dollars per.

I dont expect him to take less, I expect him to understand he is not Chris Jones or Aaron Donald and take a fair market deal.

It doesn't matter anyway bc even if he wanted a fair deal around 20 million per, we still couldn't afford it bc Grier has restructured so many bad contracts over the years we flat broke.
I was only addressing the use of the "greedy" descriptor.

I completely agree with this view. Their is talent and pedigree with MJ that's not there with MW.

Ya it would be a no brainer. Some people can't separate their emotion from basic logic. I was expecting a few "Mac Jones sucks" comments with zero substance.

New England shouldn't go and waste $8-$10M on a bridge QB. Just doesn't make sense. Put a guy like Mike White on the field who has physical tools and can take a beating if need be. He's also played for 2 teams in the division already so there is some added value there.

Swapping picks makes it "sellable" to the locals, at least they would be getting something "more" in value, in the pick swap.

The cap savings would be a small bonus for us and inconsequential to them, as they already have a $100M in cap space.

No rush. I don't expect Miami to be active in FA (top players) early. They'll likely shop 2nd tier (less expensive) guys

I mean it is kind of a rush. They have about 99 hours to clear $16-17M in cap space and the only viable way to do that is with an extension for Tua or ill advised contract restructurings.

The Browns have acquired Jerry Juedy from Denver for fifth and sixth round picks in 2024.

I like the move for Cleveland as they don't have a first round pick or cap space, so improving the offense was going to be tricky.

Browns restructured LT Jedrick Wills salary to free up over $10M.

Nick Chubb sticking around? They could free up about $12M by cutting him and only owing $4M in dead money.

Last edited:
Well I've mentioned a few times that I think Marshon Lattimore might be a potential trade target after the draft. He's got a $1.2M salary but he's also got a $13.8M roster bonus due a week before the season starts. He's still an elite player and well worth that cash, along with the $16M in salary I believe he has over the next two years. You wouldn't be giving up much to get him, especially after the draft, as you can only offer up 2025 picks at that point, or Cam Smith, who I still like a lot. He's a much better CB at this point than Xavien Howard, so for that price point, I'd say he's still a good value for at least two seasons.
How do you know cam smith is a better corner than Howard at this point

The Browns have acquired Jerry Juedy from Denver for fifth and sixth round picks in 2024.

I like the move for Cleveland as they don't have a first round pick or cap space, so improving the offense was going to be tricky.

Browns restructured LT Jedrick Wills salary to free up over $10M.

Nick Chubb sticking around?
That's a damn good trade for Cleveland.

How do you know cam smith is a better corner than Howard at this point

I was talking about Lattimore, since the post was about him, thought that was obvious. Wouldn't have made sense if I was trading away Cam Smith and saying he was better than Howard, no?

I was talking about Lattimore, since the post was about him, thought that was obvious. Wouldn't have made sense if I was trading away Cam Smith and saying he was better than Howard, no?
Ok my bad guess I miss understood you

Back
Top Bottom