The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

Pats are taking trade calls on Mac Jones, I suggested in another thread that we should consider swapping Mike White for Jones as he'd be a better backup and would save us about $750K in the salary swap. Additionally, I'd go as far as offering NE a 2025 4th rounder for their 5th rounder this year, 136th overall. Doesn't sound like much but that would be our third highest selection so we could definitely use it at this point. In addition to saving just a bit on the cap and potentially adding a better backup, I'd be down with Mac Jones for a year. We're going to have quite a few mid round picks next year after the comp picks are allocated so our 4th rounder is expendable. Pats need a cheap veteran to hold down the fort until their rookie QB is ready, hoping that's Drake Maye rather than Jayden Daniels. If they get a better offer than that, so be it but I don't see them getting offered much.

Just my random thoughts for now, as it pertains to the entire league. Feel free to add anything.
Wow, Mac Jones sucks, Watching him throw a deep ball makes me want to get off the couch and try out for a few teams. No. No. No.

Wow, Mac Jones sucks, Watching him throw a deep ball makes me want to get off the couch and try out for a few teams. No. No. No.

He was pretty damn good his rookie year before Matt Patricia was named OC. He made some damn great deep throws too like in the Chargers game where he dropped a 50 yard dime.

If you think you think better backup QB options exist, so be it.

According to Jason La Confora the Niners are working on signing Brandon Aiyuk to an extension, not surprising. However JLC also stated he believes the Niners will try and move Deebo Samuel and his $20M salary.

I mean I would keep Aiyuk over Samuel as well but it’ll be that much harder for them to get back to SB. I guess you can’t pay everybody and with those expensive defensive players to go with CMC and Kittle, something has to give.

Not sure how many contenders could justify making a move Deebo though.

Maybe Baltimore?

According to Jason La Confora the Niners are working on signing Brandon Aiyuk to an extension, not surprising. However JLC also stated he believes the Niners will try and move Deebo Samuel and his $20M salary.

I mean I would keep Aiyuk over Samuel as well but it’ll be that much harder for them to get back to SB. I guess you can’t pay everybody and with those expensive defensive players to go with CMC and Kittle, something has to give.

Maybe Baltimore?
SF is less than 1mill from being under the cap but they do have some players they will have to extend soon

SF is less than 1mill from being under the cap but they do have some players they will have to extend soon

And their OL stinks so something has to give.

And a year from now Purdy will need an actual NFL contract.

And their OL stinks so something has to give.

And a year from now Purdy will need an actual NFL contract.
I really like what Detroit has done....they've been drafting well imo and they're more than 46mill under the cap....2024 could be a good year for them

Maybe Baltimore?
Wow. Deebo is one of my favorite players in the NFL. He’d be devastating on Baltimore or KC.

Hopefully he stays in the NFC.

I really like what Detroit has done....they've been drafting well imo and they're more than 46mill under the cap....2024 could be a good year for them

Agreed. I hope for their sake they don’t make that “All-in” move and continue to build through the draft. They’re going to have to resign Goff soon so i think it’s important to not chew up that cap space.

If they can get Joey Bosa at a 50% discount, might be worth it.

Last edited:
I mean it is kind of a rush. They have about 99 hours to clear $16-17M in cap space and the only viable way to do that is with an extension for Tua or ill advised contract restructurings.

Yeah, I mean no rush to sign

Back
Top Bottom