The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

The Browns have acquired Jerry Juedy from Denver for fifth and sixth round picks in 2024.

I like the move for Cleveland as they don't have a first round pick or cap space, so improving the offense was going to be tricky.

Browns restructured LT Jedrick Wills salary to free up over $10M.

Nick Chubb sticking around? They could free up about $12M by cutting him and only owing $4M in dead money.
I genuinely have no idea what the plan in Denver is.

I’m almost gonna have a harder time saying goodby to Van Ginkle than Wilkins. Miami could have wrapped him up long term a while ago for a lot cheaper than what he’s about to get on the open market and the dude just makes play after play. He’s gonna be absolutely beloved by his new fanbase.

All backups are clowns. You can't be choosy. Especially when you have a guy with decent pedigree and a butt load of playing experience. Its hard to do much better than Mac Jones, who's really been in a horrible position the last two years. Having Matt Patricia as your offensive coordinator in your second year is a travesty. Backing up Tua is a natural fit for MJ. Do you really think Tua would've been that much better in NE the last two years?

All back ups are clowns? I wouldn't say that. Many are consummate professionals.

For me, it's not so much to do with his lack of on field performance in NE. More so to do with how he handled himself amongst his teammates while dealing with the terrible coaching situation. Dude was constantly winning/screaming and looked like he was going to start crying at any moment.

I'm just not a fan of that temperament and don't want it anywhere near our QB room.

All back ups are clowns? I wouldn't say that. Many are consummate professionals.

For me, it's not so much to do with his lack of on field performance in NE. More so to do with how he handled himself amongst his teammates while dealing with the terrible coaching situation. Dude was constantly winning/screaming and looked like he was going to start crying at any moment.

I'm just not a fan of that temperament and don't want it anywhere near our QB room.

lol.

Back up clowns? Yep, there is not enough starting competitors for 32 teams, in the NFL so most second teams are indeed clowns. There may be a couple second teamer's that can hunt but there's a reason they are NOT starting...

With the tampering window opening up this Monday and the Dolphins unlikely to be a factor early on in FA, thought it would be useful to have an all-purpose thread to discuss FA signings.

Starting with Justin Madubuike's 98 Million dollar extension with the Ravens, for 4 years. I'd venture to guess Wilkins will be looking at similar numbers on the open market. https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/lis...tract-details-salary-guarantees-base-average/

One thing I'm hoping to see is Chris Jones departing KC for Chicago, or any NFC team for that matter. Chiefs stunned a lot of people letting Orlando Brown walk and then signing Jawaan Taylor so who knows, maybe they go after Wilkins and let Jones walk.

With Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield all set to open negotiations in about 50 hours (if they haven't already), it'll be quite interesting to see those level of QB's on the open market, although there isn't much to negotiate for Wilson. Also waiting for this Justin Fields shoe to drop.

Former Bills C Mitch Morse visited the Steelers yesterday and is heading to Jacksonville next. Wouldn't mind if he was signed by the Steelers (if not by us), eliminating one suitor for Jackson Powers-Johnson. As it stands now both teams picking directly in front of us, LAR and Pitt, need centers. As do the Jags at 17.

Pats are taking trade calls on Mac Jones, I suggested in another thread that we should consider swapping Mike White for Jones as he'd be a better backup and would save us about $750K in the salary swap. Additionally, I'd go as far as offering NE a 2025 4th rounder for their 5th rounder this year, 136th overall. Doesn't sound like much but that would be our third highest selection so we could definitely use it at this point. In addition to saving just a bit on the cap and potentially adding a better backup, I'd be down with Mac Jones for a year. We're going to have quite a few mid round picks next year after the comp picks are allocated so our 4th rounder is expendable. Pats need a cheap veteran to hold down the fort until their rookie QB is ready, hoping that's Drake Maye rather than Jayden Daniels. If they get a better offer than that, so be it but I don't see them getting offered much.

Just my random thoughts for now, as it pertains to the entire league. Feel free to add anything.

Agree except on Mac. I supported Mac coming out of college. He’s proven to be a dirty douchbag in the pros. I don’t want that on our team.

I’d prefer rather trade White and low pick back to Jets for Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom