The Axe Falls Again... / Jay Cut?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Axe Falls Again... / Jay Cut??

Originally posted by Rick 1966

When I see Fiedler leave for good and see us go offense in the first round, I will believe that Spielman is actually in charge.

I think you'll definitely see half of that come true. We will ABSOLUTELY go offense in the first round, maybe twice!

As far as Jay is concerned, if he agrees to a restructure, it may actually save us more money than outright cutting. I know, I know ... Fiedler must go. But, if his staying in a reduced role allowed us to fill more holes than cutting him would, I don't think you can dismiss the possibility out of hand.

As others have pointed out, he would have to rank as one of the NFL's best backups.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Spielman is looking good right now. Cutting a lot of dead weight, with other possible cuts to follow.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Can't believe I'm saying this but Spielman is looking good right now. Cutting a lot of dead weight, with other possible cuts to follow.

Thanx CW.
You probably hated typing that!!!!!

It is not suprising considering Spielman is VERY respected around the league. He got a bad rap and people just lumped him in with Wanny with the bad decisions that were made.

Spielman has a good football acumen and seems to have a nice ability to work the cap. He is a definate keeper. I was appaled that he wasn't given the GM job outright when it became available.

I don't see why they would cut Fiedler now. We don't even have Feeley yet. While it's a sealed deal, the trade cannot and has not been executed yet. Cutting Jay now would leave us with Clint Stoerner as the only QB on the roster.

With that said, I don't think Jay will be released until the start of trading/free agency (if he is to be released). You always plan for the unthinkable when possible. And we gain nothing by cutting him 5 days early. We're cap compliant now.

Then again, it could really have happened today and I would remain the Admin of a message board (instead of a wannabe GM). :tongue:

I agree with a lot of people that Jay should go. He had 4 years to get this team over the top and the past couple of years they have gone backwards. Plus it seems like every year he is getting hurt. Let's start fresh before it's too late and the have to rebuild this team completely.

I think Jay would be a very good backup, but the problem is that as long as he's in Miami, there's a possibility of a QB controversy. If we're going to hand this team over to AJ Feeley, he's got to have the full support of the front office, the coaching staff and the locker room. It's going to be harder to do that with Fiedler around.

As long as Jay isnt starting, he'd be a very valueable backup. If he takes a monster paycut and agrees to ride the pine behind AJ, i'd actually like Fiedler to stay.

Hey so far these cuts may hurt a bit but as long as we don't become the NFL's version of the Washington Capitals we should make out better in the end! So who is next on the chopping block?

Why would Marino bring in Feeley, Fiedler is a fine QB. Oh no wait, Marino quit, my bad lol

Hey Unconquered, I was in your neck of the woods last week. I live in California but have been traveling back and forth to Colorado for business. Mainly up in the Denver south/Aurora/Littleton area but yeah. I guess I thought that was relevent to this thread!

As far as McKnigth goes, I wish him well. I feel let down by his time here. He had all the speed in the world but just couldn't seem to get his hands and feet to come together at the same time. Hopefully he doesn't go to the Patriots, Bills or Jets and becomes a superstar.

Back
Top Bottom