The best offseason move.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best offseason move..

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
..overall including player acquisitons and besides Saban and Houck has got to be Scott Linehan... Linehan makes this offense an immediate threat with the weapons he has at his disposal. A proven NFL offensive coordinator with Chambers, Booker and McMichael.. Ricky, Ronnie and Lamar.

It hasn't hit me yet as to how different this team will be based on coaching alone. Sit back and compare to yourselves, the staff we have now to the staff we had back when JJ took over and go year by year to the present. It is going to be surreal to see those faces and the stability they bring on the sidelines, during week one of the regular season.

Thoughts?
 

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
14,377
Reaction score
4,167
Age
36
Location
Haines City, Fl
No doubt in my mind Linehan will make a big difference. A guy like Chambers has the potential to do great things, but we've never had a good enough system to get him open.
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,208
Reaction score
310
Age
40
Location
RI
being in RI like i was for so long, with the great sports talk radio we have up there, im sure you were exposed to countless discussions about how no matter how much more talent we had than new england wanny always cost us in his game planning and in game adjustments, BB owned him everytime they met...im very happy that wont be the case any longer
 

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Honestly, I am more excited to see what Linehan can do with Booker than Chambers. Booker was a PBer and has great hands but our coaches last year used him so terribly! Chambers is gunna do really well, but I really think Booker is gunna dominate out of the #2 with schemes that can utilize his best assets. My beagle could have devised better schemes for Booker that Wanny did last year! Booker will be awesome in the red zone this year and have more TDs than any of our other WRs and TEs.

Nasty
 

WitheringPlant

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
3
Sirspud said:
No doubt in my mind Linehan will make a big difference. A guy like Chambers has the potential to do great things, but we've never had a good enough system to get him open.
Yah we got Linehan, but we also lost Bates. Thats gonna be a hit. And we had Norv a couple years ago, offense still sucked (with the exception of Ricky, who pretty much did it on his own anyway). Yes, the offense should improve, but you guys are expecting way to much.
 

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
claytonAndDuper said:
being in RI like i was for so long, with the great sports talk radio we have up there, im sure you were exposed to countless discussions about how no matter how much more talent we had than new england wanny always cost us in his game planning and in game adjustments, BB owned him everytime they met...im very happy that wont be the case any longer


Yea. I always hated to hear it but it was the truth. They were dogging Saban the other day about the questionable "character" players he's bringing in (Williams, Elam) saying how people say he is a Belichick clone but that he's not because Belichick would never bring those types of players in his locker room. They don't have a clue about what's comming for them..
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,208
Reaction score
310
Age
40
Location
RI
i dont see the allure of having norv, hes fasiled in all his head coaching stops, im sure he will fail in oakland. imo hes just a product of jimmys talent evaluation, and the triplets emmitt irvin and aikman, any of us coulda called a game with a little novacek and alvin harper sprinkled in on the side
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,208
Reaction score
310
Age
40
Location
RI
dude you need to call in and rheem out scott and gresh after ronnie eats them for like 135 yards and 2 td's. oh how good its going to feel when bill pulls that stupid hoody over his eyes cuz he cant bear to watch anymore, and then is escorted by security to the tunnel as gillette stadium "faithful" start showering the patriots players and coaches with snowballs due to there pathetic performance ( again!) against miami and nick saban! oh to dream...
 

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
WitheringPlant said:
Yah we got Linehan, but we also lost Bates. Thats gonna be a hit. And we had Norv a couple years ago, offense still sucked (with the exception of Ricky, who pretty much did it on his own anyway). Yes, the offense should improve, but you guys are expecting way to much.


I don't think so. I really don't know what to expect except that it will be better and more entertaining than last year.. In the long term though I do expect big things but the chips have to fall in all of the right places.

Norv Turner sucked as an OC for us - he could never take advantage of the deep ball which his offense is designed specifically for and he ran Ricky into the ground.

Losing Bates was a good thing. There's only so far a vanilla, dominantly man-man scheme, no blizing and bend sometimes break defense can take you.
 

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
18,503
Reaction score
1
WitheringPlant said:
Yah we got Linehan, but we also lost Bates. Thats gonna be a hit.

We lost Bates but got Saban who IMO is a better defensive coach.
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,208
Reaction score
310
Age
40
Location
RI
lemme make a correction fin, a bend but dont break, until its absolutly critical to determine who wins or losses the game, then snaps completely in half defense
 

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
claytonAndDuper said:
dude you need to call in and rheem out scott and gresh after ronnie eats them for like 135 yards and 2 td's. oh how good its going to feel when bill pulls that stupid hoody over his eyes cuz he cant bear to watch anymore, and then is escorted by security to the tunnel as gillette stadium "faithful" start showering the patriots players and coaches with snowballs due to there pathetic performance ( again!) against miami and nick saban! oh to dream...

I have plans for Dennis, Callahan and Dale Arnold on EEI.
 

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
claytonAndDuper said:
lemme make a correction fin, a bend but dont break, until its absolutly critical to determine who wins or losses the game, then snaps completely in half defense


Thanks , I thought I missed something:wink:
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,208
Reaction score
310
Age
40
Location
RI
thats one thing that sucks here orlando sports talk is atrocious, only thing i can get in rome. thank god for digital cable and the baseball package at least i can still get orsillo and the rem dog from time to time. i miss calling into those shows, and the passion that we have for sports up there
 

THOMAS_54

VICTORY IS MINE!!!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Location
CANADA
The 3 coaches, Saban, Houck, and Linehan.
 
Top Bottom