The best offseason move.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best offseason move..

It's great to see Dol fin fans up in RI. I am so sick of the Pats and all their "new" fans on all the sport talk radio shows. This year will be an improvement, and challenge to the the AFC East, as tough as it is.

WitheringPlant said:
Yah we got Linehan, but we also lost Bates. Thats gonna be a hit. And we had Norv a couple years ago, offense still sucked (with the exception of Ricky, who pretty much did it on his own anyway). Yes, the offense should improve, but you guys are expecting way to much.

You are expecting way too little, I think Miami will awe all NFL watchers, fans and critics!

The most underrated difference between last year and this year is the stability on the sidelines and how that alone will improve QB play!

FiN.in.RI said:
..overall including player acquisitons and besides Saban and Houck has got to be Scott Linehan... Linehan makes this offense an immediate threat with the weapons he has at his disposal. A proven NFL offensive coordinator with Chambers, Booker and McMichael.. Ricky, Ronnie and Lamar.

It hasn't hit me yet as to how different this team will be based on coaching alone. Sit back and compare to yourselves, the staff we have now to the staff we had back when JJ took over and go year by year to the present. It is going to be surreal to see those faces and the stability they bring on the sidelines, during week one of the regular season.

Thoughts?

no question when watching this years team there will be a sense of comfort knowing we have real coaching going on the sidelines!!

FiN.in.RI said:
..overall including player acquisitons and besides Saban and Houck has got to be Scott Linehan... Linehan makes this offense an immediate threat with the weapons he has at his disposal. A proven NFL offensive coordinator with Chambers, Booker and McMichael.. Ricky, Ronnie and Lamar.

It hasn't hit me yet as to how different this team will be based on coaching alone. Sit back and compare to yourselves, the staff we have now to the staff we had back when JJ took over and go year by year to the present. It is going to be surreal to see those faces and the stability they bring on the sidelines, during week one of the regular season.

Thoughts?

You forgot to mention Boston!

Yeah, it will be nice to watch an offense with a little imagination to it and that doesn't have a head coach that ties the coordinators hands on play calling... obviously the players are already raving about it.. and Linehan's former players like Cris Carter and Dante Culpepper had nothing but great things to say about this offense.. I can't wait for the season to start... I love the summer, but hopefully it moves along quickly this year..

byroan said:
We lost Bates but got Saban who IMO is a better defensive coach.
If they were both defensive coordinators, yes. However, Saban has SOOOO much stuff to worry about its crazy. Bates could just concentrate on defense. And for all you guys bashing Bates, perhaps you should look at our defense for the last 5 or so years. You can say it was bland, or it was just Zach JT and Surtain tearing it up, but he still got the job done.

rainmaker1313 said:
You are expecting way too little, I think Miami will awe all NFL watchers, fans and critics!
Of course you do, as that is the natural instinct of the fan. It was just a couple years ago we were picked to win the superbowl. Ya know what we really did? Miss the playoffs.
Anyway to prove my point I am going to break down the schedule.

DENVER-This is going to be an amazing game I think. Two dominant running forces (hopefully) but their offense has a whole has a little more experience. Plus their receivers are going to have a field day IMO. Loss.

at New York Jets-Loss. Away vs our division is going to be tuff.

CAROLINA- Loss. Most people will flame this pick, but I'm sticking to it.

at Buffalo-Loss, probably a good game, but HFA will give them a little edge.

at Tampa Bay - Mmmmmm.... Caddy vs Ronnie. I am thinking loss though.

KANSAS CITY- Win, luckily we aren't away this game.

at New Orleans- Win, NO sucks.

ATLANTA-I'll say win since we always seem to beat them. It really depends if the D has everything down.

NEW ENGLAND- Win, we have plenty of guys that need to prove themselves, and the adrenaline of this game with push them over the top.

at Cleveland- Har har, don't make me laugh. Win.

at Oakland- Read above

BUFFALO- You guys will hate this but... Loss.

at San Diego-Loss... nothing else to say

NEW YORK JETS- Win. I don't think NY will be as good this year.

TENNESSEE- [url="http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/shared/sports/nfl/titans/index.html"]Win. I think we'll be pretty strong at home this year.[/url]

at New England-Not a chance. Even if we were good enough to win the superbowl, no.

So in the end that is 9-7. It could very easily be 7-9 from 1 messed up play in the NE, Atlanta, or Denver games.

FiN.in.RI said:

Thoughts?

..Dont forget the WR with the MOST talent.....Boston

Chambers has more talent than Booker or Boston.And, Booker has more talent than Boston. Both Chambers and Booker have great hands and are better in traffic and around the edges... both are also red-zone threats that can still go over the top. Boston is more of a mismatch machine with his speed and power, he won't run the finest routes... but once he has the ball he takes the best routes to the endzone.... I think the depth chart should be
Chambers/Booker/Boston/DT ( now that Boston is back we have sufficient speed at WR to keep a solid possession guy like DT at #4. )

All just my opinion ofcourse.:cooldude:

Linnehan will make a huge difference Chambers loves the guy, but IMo the best offseasoon move was getting Saban, without him none of the things that have happened would have happened.

WitheringPlant said:
Of course you do, as that is the natural instinct of the fan. It was just a couple years ago we were picked to win the superbowl. Ya know what we really did? Miss the playoffs.

DENVER-This is going to be an amazing game I think. Two dominant running forces (hopefully) but their offense has a whole has a little more experience. Plus their receivers are going to have a field day IMO. Loss.

ATLANTA-I'll say win since we always seem to beat them. It really depends if the D has everything down.

NEW ENGLAND- Win, we have plenty of guys that need to prove themselves, and the adrenaline of this game with push them over the top.

at Oakland- Read above

TENNESSEE- [url="http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/shared/sports/nfl/titans/index.html"]Win. I think we'll be pretty strong at home this year.[/url]

at New England-Not a chance. Even if we were good enough to win the superbowl, no.

So in the end that is 9-7. It could very easily be 7-9 from 1 messed up play in the NE, Atlanta, or Denver games.

i say we beat DEN, NE, NYJ, BUF, KC TEN, NO , TB, and CLE. We could steal the panthers game. and win 10. but ten is the absolute best case scenario

WitheringPlant said:

at Oakland- Read above

I wouldnt call 5-3 at home strong!

Probably picking uo Hudson Houck and Scott Linehan but our new D coordinator is suspect idk about him

WitheringPlant said:
If they were both defensive coordinators, yes. However, Saban has SOOOO much stuff to worry about its crazy. Bates could just concentrate on defense. And for all you guys bashing Bates, perhaps you should look at our defense for the last 5 or so years. You can say it was bland, or it was just Zach JT and Surtain tearing it up, but he still got the job done.

But that's the thing. He isn't concentrating on anything right now except the defense. Every defensive meeting, it's Saban taking control. Saban can let Linehan handle the offense, that's why he was brought here.

Back
Top Bottom