The Blessing! Acquiring Kilgore and signing Amendola | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Blessing! Acquiring Kilgore and signing Amendola

He's about as good as Pouncey was.
This. Same quality player, except he's coming off the best run of his career since Jimmy G. took over. He was just consistently solid for them during that stretch and a leader in the locker room.

His durability makes him an upgrade.

We got Sitton and Kilgore for the money we paid Pouncey. That's a win, a big one. More good FO stuff, it's Gase, behind the scenes. Restraint just isn't Tannenbaum's style.

A few opposing thoughts.

As someone who's been in the Air Force for 10 years and has played organized football, clearly not at the NFL level but still. I would say NFL football is nowhere near the same as going to war. I've never known a player to spend a year in a foreign country or come back from playing a game or as you state go to war and return in a coffin. At the same time I've never had a friend get deployed and come back to a mansion. Also I would choose getting tackled by Ray Lewis 10 times out of 10 as oppose to getting shot at, and I also don't really think NFL players lie in bed in their 5 star hotels and worry about mortar attacks.

Every player including the one's on our team care more about money and there's nothing wrong with that, because they care about their family and life outside football. Otherwise they would sign for the vet minimum and go play for the love of the game. Amendola with his 6 million a year salary didn't sign here because he doesn't care about money, otherwise he would have stayed with his respective teams who is a perennial super bowl contender. As it stands he declined to take less money to stay with a better team.

Thank you for your service. Football is not war, but you have to establish that winning mentality in the culture of this team. Once you get this team in a winning mentality the practice squad players will play beyond what they ever though of being able to play. How do you push a team beyong what they are expected. Belicheat does this and look at what the patriots have down over the past decade. They run the NFL. How do we get the fins to run the NFL. Start from the roots. Establish that winning mindset. Suh was here because he loved his money and Pouncey wouldn't take a pay cut. Brady takes pay cuts all the time.

Wait a minute, we were 26th ranked passing offense on 2016, with Tanny playing lots of games. To say we will suddenly resemble the offense led by Manning is very optimistic and far from the probable outcome. Tanny is no Manning and Gase is still trying to prove that he is something without a top 5 QB. We have never been a top 15 offense under Tannehill and Gase has never been successful on offense without the Manning, so it is a big dream. But then again... every once in a while some dreams come true. My prediction is that we will be exploting on anger, on both Gase and Tanny when next season finishes. And that is way more probable. More than 30 years and counting !!!!

2016 Miami had:
5th highest yards per attempt
8th highest completion percentage
12th most touchdowns
8th highest quarterback rating

So perhaps you might want to clarify that you meant based on yards, instead of throwing out a figure to make your argument sound better. Miami had the second fewest passing attempts in the NFL in 2016. So of course the yardage will be lower.

Life is all about perspective. Is the glass half full? Or half empty?

I like to see my glass as completely empty. I know deep down inside its going to rain. When it does, it will fill up all the way to the top.

The question I have to ask is.. Who is the next Tony Gonzalez in this draft? Their are some good prospects. What do you think?

Compared to some of the stuff I read here your almost an optimist.

Wait a minute, we were 26th ranked passing offense on 2016, with Tanny playing lots of games. To say we will suddenly resemble the offense led by Manning is very optimistic and far from the probable outcome. Tanny is no Manning and Gase is still trying to prove that he is something without a top 5 QB. We have never been a top 15 offense under Tannehill and Gase has never been successful on offense without the Manning, so it is a big dream. But then again... every once in a while some dreams come true. My prediction is that we will be exploting on anger, on both Gase and Tanny when next season finishes. And that is way more probable. More than 30 years and counting !!!!

Must be hard on your fingers and toes!

Back
Top Bottom