The Browns could trade for Landry and James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Browns could trade for Landry and James

I can’t see it. The browns screw up so many deals I wouldn’t deal with them. Our luck we’d sign them and Cleveland would screw up the deal and we’d be stuck overpaying for both. That franchise is too dumb to rely on.

James is the 3rd highest paid RT in 2018 with Veldheer and Lane Johnson topping him. He was the 2nd best RT in 2017 according to pff.

Top RTs average between $7M-$10M a year. James' option is right at his market price. He could easily get 5 yrs $45M.

Last edited:
The Browns have $60M in cap space in 2018. Problem, no one good will sign with them. They have 3 second round picks a 3rd, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. ****, they might even trade down from #4. While their 12+ picks will net a lot of young, cheap talent they need talented veterans to build around. I could see us tagging and trading Landry to them for their early 3rd and James for their late second. They have the money to extend them. The players they have at those positions suck. We'd be in great shape to replace them.

If Landry were a Patriot they’d trade him at the heighth of his value for a 2nd right now. That’s why they are the Patriots.

If Landry were a Patriot they’d trade him at the heighth of his value for a 2nd right now. That’s why they are the Patriots.

No they are the patriots because they have s super elite coach, QB and TE. That’s what makes all of there moves look smart. Brady can win with Gronk and jags. Belichick can win on defense with jags.

The Browns have $60M in cap space in 2018. Problem, no one good will sign with them. They have 3 second round picks a 3rd, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. ****, they might even trade down from #4. While their 12+ picks will net a lot of young, cheap talent they need talented veterans to build around. I could see us tagging and trading Landry to them for their early 3rd and James for their late second. They have the money to extend them. The players they have at those positions suck. We'd be in great shape to replace them.
Players in the NFL sign for the most money. To think nobody will sign with Cleveland is a joke. IF Cleveland offers a player the most money they will not think twice about going there

Players in the NFL sign for the most money. To think nobody will sign with Cleveland is a joke. IF Cleveland offers a player the most money they will not think twice about going there
Plus they will be turning this franchise around a lot faster than many think.

James on the 5th year option holds a lot of value. He would get a massive contract in FA.

I swear fans are so obiquitous as to how the league works.

Both those two guys would hold value to teams willing to pay them but who don't want to risk other team swooping in for them.

This board severely underrates James.
I don't underrate James ... he is a very mediocre at best player. He is very poor in the run game and mediocre in the pass game ... not such a highly valuable player. His only redeeming points are 1) length, 2) raw athletic ability that is good but not great, 3) he plays a valuable position as a RT. He cannot play LT, he is maddeningly inconsistent, and he is average in terms of durability. He has starting experience and is a solid citizen who doesn't make trouble in the locker room ... his is the very definition of an average player with sub-average performance.

How can we trade a guy not under contract? The trade threads on this site are insane. James wouldn’t get anything as no one would be stupid enough to trade for an often injured under achiever making nearly 10 million. Maybe we can trade Jay Cutler and Lawerence Timmons for Aaron Rogers?

How can we trade a guy not under contract? The trade threads on this site are insane. James wouldn’t get anything as no one would be stupid enough to trade for an often injured under achiever making nearly 10 million. Maybe we can trade Jay Cutler and Lawerence Timmons for Aaron Rogers?

Duh! Either you didn't read through or you just threw this to 'feel' smart. Whatever.

You can trade franchised players and James has quite some value outside finheaven. The last rhetoric line was worth a thumbs down and an ignore.

I don't underrate James ... he is a very mediocre at best player. He is very poor in the run game and mediocre in the pass game ... not such a highly valuable player. His only redeeming points are 1) length, 2) raw athletic ability that is good but not great, 3) he plays a valuable position as a RT. He cannot play LT, he is maddeningly inconsistent, and he is average in terms of durability. He has starting experience and is a solid citizen who doesn't make trouble in the locker room ... his is the very definition of an average player with sub-average performance.

I'd even say his durability is starting to become questionable

Come on, we have the great Mike TannenBUM. Cheer up. LOL

I hated the signing as much as anyone when it happened. I think we made a mistake letting Brice McCain and Taylor go but the way our corners have turned out it's hard to argue.

Besides Maxwell (who was very inconsistent but played well at times with little risk attached) , Branch and Kiko (mostly the contracts they were resigned to) who I think were victims of not having a true weakside lber (Kiko by being played out of position and Branch or well the whole d line had little shot to get to the QB with such an automatic completion on any of our lbs) I think he hasn't done such a terrible job.

I don't regret letting the guys who got over paid elsewhere go but I do think giving Clay the transition tag was stupid cause it kept us from getting a compensatory pick for him.

Overall I'd give the drafts we've had with him a B and FA and trades a C-. Hardly awful. Above average I'd say.

If the draft is mostly Grier and everything else is Tbaum then by all accounts fire Tbaum and let Grier run the show.

Back
Top Bottom