The Browns could trade for Landry and James | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Browns could trade for Landry and James

The Browns have $60M in cap space in 2018. Problem, no one good will sign with them. They have 3 second round picks a 3rd, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. ****, they might even trade down from #4. While their 12+ picks will net a lot of young, cheap talent they need talented veterans to build around. I could see us tagging and trading Landry to them for their early 3rd and James for their late second. They have the money to extend them. The players they have at those positions suck. We'd be in great shape to replace them.
A 3rd for Landry hahahahaha and a second for James hahahahaha

and overpaying for expired groceries at that.
.......because this FO continues to believe that this team is closer to greatness than we really are. Last year was the first time in a long time that this team drafted well with an eye towards the future.

Duh! Either you didn't read through or you just threw this to 'feel' smart. Whatever.

You can trade franchised players and James has quite some value outside finheaven. The last rhetoric line was worth a thumbs down and an ignore.

That is barely true. You can trade a franchise d player if said player signs his tag, and few/none due before training camp. This would give the power to Jarvis to only allowing a trade if he wants to go there. I don’t think he signs to make a trade with the Browns go through.

As far as James, yes he has value, but that value is below 9+ million on a 1 year deal. He has zero trade value because everyone knows we will cut him. We also wouldn’t get better than the 3rd round pick the NFL grants us for losing him, so we would be stupid to trade him.

Again the trade threads here are derived from Madden Foitball rather than realality.

Guaranteed contracts attracts players. The Browns could sign Juice. OBJ, and draft Sam Darnold. That's the beginning of a loaded offense.

I read about Landry “dominating” if he goes to a team with an elite QB situation, but how does a high volume/low ceiling receiver like Landry totally reinvent his game somewhere else? Does he catch 200 passes for 2,000 yards? He’d be fighting for receptions in a more explosive offense. I wish he had that problem in Miami. I just don’t see him going from a 7 yards and a cloud of dust to a big-play threat because a better QB is throwing the ball. If anything, his numbers take a hit. Maybe his average improves slightly if he’s not the focus of the offense? Landry is Landry, which is why Davante Parker’s lack of development and no tight end production was so disappointing.

No, won't happen.

Things like this remind me of when people put together lists of free agents they want. They look at the top 5 players at each position and that is who they want, they fail to take in other factors as where the player may want to play and what one team values vs another.

If the Dolphins don't sign him long term, and in the end, I think they do, he will be a free agent. While a team can tag and trade, the likelihood of that happening is about the same as me convincing Olivia Munn that I would be the ideal husband. As one poster pointed out, you have to get the player to sign the tag and only then can the trade happen. The two scenarios that are options...we sign him long term or he moves on and we get a 3rd round comp.

James will either be signed at a reasonable price or the team will let him walk. Not sure his value on the Free Agent value is, but what Watson got a couple of years ago seems about the price (a little over 6 a year).

I'd see if the Browns would swap 33, 35 and 61 for pick #11.

If they take Barkley at 4 I'd try to get Duke Johnson as well and not have to draft a RB.

They may need to get a new HC first, but their Front office is much much better than ours. Their assistant GM would be an upgrade over our GM

@Stills&Landry why wouldnt anyone good for them? Players will go there for the same reason Suh joined a far from great Dolphins team - money
South Beach helps too

James on the 5th year option holds a lot of value. He would get a massive contract in FA.

I swear fans are so obiquitous as to how the league works.

Both those two guys would hold value to teams willing to pay them but who don't want to risk other team swooping in for them.

This board severely underrates James.

Obiquitous?

Why would they do it? The Cleveland Browns may have been 0-16 but it's a proud franchise with much higher aspirations than those two players would allow.

I don't like Jarvis Landry the person. My dream offseason every year would be for him to be shipped off to the team with the worst quarterback in the league, so he can be knocked around and make a fool of himself while steadily losing effectiveness and being knocked around some more, while opponents stand over him and laugh.

The Browns have $60M in cap space in 2018. Problem, no one good will sign with them. They have 3 second round picks a 3rd, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. ****, they might even trade down from #4. While their 12+ picks will net a lot of young, cheap talent they need talented veterans to build around. I could see us tagging and trading Landry to them for their early 3rd and James for their late second. They have the money to extend them. The players they have at those positions suck. We'd be in great shape to replace them.

The problem is every team with a top player to unload will be calling Cleveland. They can play all teams against the others. They can be choosy.

lol try to find a Landry in the third round. You'd be drafting for a while

Just a few players who have great value(like Landry) considering
were they were drafted

Tyreek Hill 2nd year 5TH ROUND...75 rec...1183 yards...15.8 yards per reception...7 tds

Cooper Kupp 3RD ROUND rookie...62 receptions for 869 yards...14 yards avg per rec...5tds

Robbie Anderson...2nd year undrafted free agent 63 rec for 941 yards...14.9 yards per rec...7 tds

Adam Thielen coming into his own these past 2 seasons was an undrafted free agent
91 receptions for 1276 yards,14 yards per rec,4 tds

Keenan Allen...3rd round,102 rec for 1393 yards, 13.7 yards per reception, 6 tds

Duh! Either you didn't read through or you just threw this to 'feel' smart. Whatever.

You can trade franchised players and James has quite some value outside finheaven. The last rhetoric line was worth a thumbs down and an ignore.

You only get to use 1 franchise tag per year/off season

Back
Top Bottom