***The Combine Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Combine Thread***

I hope mcfadden blows the combine up, and skyrockets.

than somebody will get dumb and trade with us.
McFadden has already said he will not run at the combine. He'll have to blow up his pro day for someone to fall in love with him enough to trade up for him.

so long as he blows something up, and increses his potential value, I'm fine with it.

thanks for the info though bro, I must have missed that somewhere along the way!!

It'll be very interesting to see the numbers for Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey especially is likely to knock the doors off the individual drills, especially in the 3 cone and the shuttle and his 10 yard split should be fascinating.

CK and I did a statistical break down of what we expect of the two in VIP, suffice to say Dorsey should post some mind boggling numbers.

It'll be very interesting to see the numbers for Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey especially is likely to knock the doors off the individual drills, especially in the 3 cone and the shuttle and his 10 yard split should be fascinating.

CK and I did a statistical break down of what we expect of the two in VIP, suffice to say Dorsey should post some mind boggling numbers.

Boom, who are the guys you see making a huge push at the combine, but not necessarily "workout warriors"?

McFadden gonna fall a bit... like peterson did basically. but a lot of that is due to teams needs too and some people dont like taking hyped running backs so high due to injury risks, thats a high price and pick to take for a man getting hit so much.

gotta agree, the way i see it is if the Raiders or Falcons(and both have bigger needs then RB) dont take him i see him falling out of the top 10.

boom, you like dorsey than?

I like him too, but imo, I seem to be in the minority.

I have read some of your other posts, and I have to say that if we stay at #1 we absolutely can't pass this guy up.
I am reallly anticipating him putting on one helluva show.

I have read some of your other posts, and I have to say that if we stay at #1 we absolutely can't pass this guy up.

Not really. I'm banking on Dorsey with the first pick, too. :woot:

So Chris Long is a smoke screen? Id be happy with either C.Long or Dorsey. Both would help this defense big time.

Yep. I think he's a superior interior talent. I think he has versatility to play the 3 technique ina 4-3, to hold up inside at NT - he was weighed in Mobile at 316lbs, just 5lbs less than Casey Hampton when Casey was weighed pre-draft and clearly when you watch him play, his base, his knees, his hand usage, his tremendous understanding on angles and leverage, he could play the nose. But also he can kick outside to end as he did numerous times at LSU.

And he's a great, hard working kid.

Boom, who are the guys you see making a huge push at the combine, but not necessarily "workout warriors"?

There are players that have ground to make up; Adarius Bowman for example. Vernon Gholston will have a big Combine. Jake Long will do very well. I expect Dorsey to have superior scores in the three big drills. James Hardy has a lot to gain. As does Antoine Cason. I'll be interested to see what Aqib Talib does because he doesn't strike me as strong and when you watch him over a couple of seasons, he gets burned a lot. He could be the ultimate workout guy in that when you watch him play, he's a cover 2 kid. But he may run a time which makes you think he can play man and be overdrafted thus.

Leodis McKelvin will have a big Combine, Branden Albert's 3 cone will be interesting. I just like to sit back and take it all in!!

;)

Boomer,

I agree that Dorsey will most likely exceed at the combine. However, if the Phins don't trade out of the top spot, I still see C. Long as the choice. He is at a premium position (pass rusher) who has been coached by one of Parcells' guys. Nothing against Dorsey, but I think there will be a greater comfort level with Long.

Back
Top Bottom