***The Combine Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Combine Thread***

Boomer,

I agree that Dorsey will most likely exceed at the combine. However, if the Phins don't trade out of the top spot, I still see C. Long as the choice. He is at a premium position (pass rusher) who has been coached by one of Parcells' guys. Nothing against Dorsey, but I think there will be a greater comfort level with Long.

You're probably right mate. I think it's somewhat interesting that the defensive alignment hasn't been officially announced yet and Jeff Ireland's assertion that we're looking for guys that can run BOTH systems keeps Glenn as a prime target. They're going to teach the hell out of Soliai in the offseason because he has great potential, but no understanding of how to use his talents. He was a NG in college, so an understanding of how to play next to a speedy 3 technique is what he's used to.

Interesting times ahead.

I seen a piece on Stewart from Oregon last night on ESPN, he is in great shape. I am interested to see how he does in the combine. I think his stock goes up after workouts, IMO.

You're probably right mate. I think it's somewhat interesting that the defensive alignment hasn't been officially announced yet and Jeff Ireland's assertion that we're looking for guys that can run BOTH systems keeps Glenn as a prime target. They're going to teach the hell out of Soliai in the offseason because he has great potential, but no understanding of how to use his talents. He was a NG in college, so an understanding of how to play next to a speedy 3 technique is what he's used to.

Interesting times ahead.
I agree. Soliai had a world of potential coming out of the draft. He has the physical tools. However, when the real bullets were flying he seemed to get lost and overwhelmed. He doesn't seem to have the instincts to know where the play is going. I hope he can be coached up.

I seen a piece on Stewart from Oregon last night on ESPN, he is in great shape. I am interested to see how he does in the combine. I think his stock goes up after workouts, IMO.

I think his stock is mid 1st anyway. The injury knock will be something he needs to overcome, especially with that left ankle.

I agree. Soliai had a world of potential coming out of the draft. He has the physical tools. However, when the real bullets were flying he seemed to get lost and overwhelmed. He doesn't seem to have the instincts to know where the play is going. I hope he can be coached up.

I just think Diron Reynolds did a horrible job.

Hey Boom, what source do you use for scouting these players??

What do you mean?

I don't use any source. I scout them myself.

Is that what you meant?

Right, Im just saying Im sure you dont travel to college games all year and scout players..(or maybe u do?)

You seem to have excellent insight so I was curious if you just watched alot of film or what.

Right, Im just saying Im sure you dont travel to college games all year and scout players..(or maybe u do?)

You seem to have excellent insight so I was curious if you just watched alot of film or what.

Ah, OK. Unfortunately it's all on tape. We have a TV channel that shows a lot of games, I download some, I get others sent and I buy some from a company that was originally set up to help ex pats and members of the Armed Forces.

I live in London and have never been to a NCAA game.

Hey Boom would Dorseys injuries be a cause of concern?

Not really. They'd get checked out, especially the leg fracture and the knee and the back would need a good check to make sure there's no stenosis or anything.

Not really. They'd get checked out, especially the leg fracture and the knee and the back would need a good check to make sure there's no stenosis or anything.

Good to hear.

You think if Dorsey blows away at the combine he is are pick at #1?

Btw who is your favorite OT for the late second pick? Collins, Nicks, Richardson?

Back
Top Bottom