The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Greatly looking forward to what I believe will be an amazing 2020!

The Dolphins will be aggressive players in free agency in 2020... they will have upwards of 140 million in cap space...no fear of losing compensatory picks as they have no major looming free agents...no major resignings looming...it’s going to be exciting as they target young blue chip talent to supplement the amazing draft haul coming.

There is little doubt they are going to obtain the number one overall pick...and little doubt they use that on the QB of their choice.

I am one who is intrigued by Josh Rosen’s potential...and I do believe he is a player in this QB competition. I love the idea of a more refined Josh Rosen...seasoned in this offense competing with our number one overall pick for the starting QB position in 2020....and with a brand new talent infused O-line, I would not bet against Rosen being the starting QB in 2020 over the 1st overall pick, Should be amazing to watch it unfold.

I have warmed to the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade as a) he didn’t want to be here....b) he hasn’t exactly exploded as a prospect and really seems like he mostly excels as a slot corner...and c) we got a first round pick from a team who just lost their franchise QB for the season, and the pick could be a top 10, Pittsburgh is already 0-2.

We clearly are headed for the number overall pick.... which means we will have first overall pick on day 2 as well ( a very valuable pick as the entire league has the entire night to evaluate the best player who slipped out of round one)....and the trade down possibilities are great here.

We are going to have 4 of the top 33 picks...!

I regret that we gave up the first overall pick on day 3 (round 4) as that is also a great pick to have.

2020 is going to be an exciting year and the beginning of a new era for our Dolphins...We also get to watch all these QB prospects in college in 2019 knowing that we are going to get our choice of the best of them....

I know many believe it is Tua, and it may very well be....but the beauty is we have the whole season to evaluate all of them and who knows how the college prospects will stack up come next April... there are often surprises!

Until Tua does it at the NFL it's too early to say he's better than this guy or that guy. I hope he's our pick but I'm also high on Rosen. Rosen has a sweet and accurate deep pass. If our receivers had made some catches we'd of had a couple of TDs. So, like the poster above said, pick Tua and let him and Rosen battle it out. We'll have the QB position solved for years. Whichever QB winds up starting we need to put the oline together once and for all and I've been thinking with all these picks if a great RB in the mold of Elliot, Gurley or Barkley comes around make the pick. We haven't had such a player since Ricky Williams. N E ran the ball on us all day. We need to turn that around.

If Miami gets the #1 pick the only QB competition Rosen will be in is if he wins the job to back up Tua.

Rosen at his best is nowhere near the QB Tua already is.

Maybe...not saying your wrong...the point is Rosen has a great arm and is intelligent...was a top ten pick we have on the cheap.

If you think Rosen with experience in the system and a better O-line wouldn’t have a possible advantage over Tua in his rookie year, I’d say your looking through crimson colored glasses.

Tua is a great prospect...but he also lines up with the best team around him every week...Rosen hasn’t ever had that luxury.

So I’m only saying...I like the situation Miami is in to have two players like that in the fold.

Though again...I’m not ready to declare Tua the guy I want at number one overall yet... too much season to evaluate others....and I still have Tua’s failure against a good opponent in Clemson firmly in my mind. And he is not a perfect prospect physically.

Until Tua does it at the NFL it's too early to say he's better than this guy or that guy. I hope he's our pick but I'm also high on Rosen. Rosen has a sweet and accurate deep pass. If our receivers had made some catches we'd of had a couple of TDs. So, like the poster above said, pick Tua and let him and Rosen battle it out. We'll have the QB position solved for years. Whichever QB winds up starting we need to put the oline together once and for all and I've been thinking with all these picks if a great RB in the mold of Elliot, Gurley or Barkley comes around make the pick. We haven't had such a player since Ricky Williams. N E ran the ball on us all day. We need to turn that around.

Yes... and wouldn’t it be nice to have a great backup, because QB’s do get injured, or great trade bait?

The way I see it is we are developing Rosen this year so that he can be our starter next season. Let Tua (if he ends up here) sit and develop for a year and adjust to life in the NFL. The hope would be Rosen actually plays very well for us and we are in a situation like the Chiefs after they took Maholmes and Smith had an MVP type season. Imagine the haul we would get for Rosen in this scenerio!!

Bluefin, i love this post. I agree with everything you opened up with. 4 in 33 could be amazing. would have been grand if we kept the first pick in round 4.
While the last 20 years have killed me ( and yes, i was at 62-7, the game after we blew up the kingdome), and am TOTALLY on board in the cleansing of our roster.

A loss is still a loss and it still frustrates the heck out of me. one day, hopefully sooner than later, all of us can share in the hoisting of the lombardi. When we start rolling
again, Cant wait to hear from the uninformed of how we are bandwagon fans and support only the winners.

#growththrupain
FINS UP!

If Miami gets the #1 pick the only QB competition Rosen will be in is if he wins the job to back up Tua.

Rosen at his best is nowhere near the QB Tua already is.

Not sure i buy that. Tua's stats against top level D's are concerning. So many people are crowning him but if he does end up being the pick i see a real competition going on.

.and I still have Tua’s failure against a good opponent in Clemson firmly in my mind. And he is not a perfect prospect physically.

How about the national championship against Georgia when he was inserted in the second half (as a true freshmen) and led Alabama to victory?

Greatly looking forward to what I believe will be an amazing 2020!

The Dolphins will be aggressive players in free agency in 2020... they will have upwards of 140 million in cap space...no fear of losing compensatory picks as they have no major looming free agents...no major resignings looming...it’s going to be exciting as they target young blue chip talent to supplement the amazing draft haul coming.

There is little doubt they are going to obtain the number one overall pick...and little doubt they use that on the QB of their choice.

I am one who is intrigued by Josh Rosen’s potential...and I do believe he is a player in this QB competition. I love the idea of a more refined Josh Rosen...seasoned in this offense competing with our number one overall pick for the starting QB position in 2020....and with a brand new talent infused O-line, I would not bet against Rosen being the starting QB in 2020 over the 1st overall pick, Should be amazing to watch it unfold.

I have warmed to the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade as a) he didn’t want to be here....b) he hasn’t exactly exploded as a prospect and really seems like he mostly excels as a slot corner...and c) we got a first round pick from a team who just lost their franchise QB for the season, and the pick could be a top 10, Pittsburgh is already 0-2.

We clearly are headed for the number overall pick.... which means we will have first overall pick on day 2 as well ( a very valuable pick as the entire league has the entire night to evaluate the best player who slipped out of round one)....and the trade down possibilities are great here.

We are going to have 4 of the top 33 picks...!

I regret that we gave up the first overall pick on day 3 (round 4) as that is also a great pick to have.

2020 is going to be an exciting year and the beginning of a new era for our Dolphins...We also get to watch all these QB prospects in college in 2019 knowing that we are going to get our choice of the best of them....

I know many believe it is Tua, and it may very well be....but the beauty is we have the whole season to evaluate all of them and who knows how the college prospects will stack up come next April... there are often surprises!

I think this is a GREAT post and really should be how all Dolphin fans want it to play out.

Rosen is a REAL talent and hopefully continues to develop under the right coaching and development.

After hearing about the FO trying to do everything to keep Minkah I am also comfortable that they made the right decision.

The only thing I really want to see this year is improvement. This team is depleted but if we can show that this coaching staff is getting something out of this THERE IS HOPE!

I expect the Dolphins to trade out of picks to gain more. We will likely see the Phins with 10 or 12 of the top 100 players out of college. Hungry teams will pay a kings ransom for their desired pick so expect Miami to keep getting rich with picks.

This formula is one that creates wealth in young affordable blue chip and starters - that once proven can be parlayed into more draft picks down the road.

What does $140 million buy a team in today’s league?

I expect quite a bit of talent and starters.

The Dolphins will be competitive next year and if it goes well a force for years to come.

I expect the Dolphins to trade out of picks to gain more. We will likely see the Phins with 10 or 12 of the top 100 players out of college. Hungry teams will pay a kings ransom for their desired pick so expect Miami to keep getting rich with picks.

This formula is one that creates wealth in young affordable blue chip and starters - that once proven can be parlayed into more draft picks down the road.

What does $140 million buy a team in today’s league?

I expect quite a bit of talent and starters.

The Dolphins will be competitive next year and if it goes well a force for years to come.

I’m not sure how excited I am about adding ‘high cost’ FA looking to cash in in MIA, it just hardly ever works out well.

The ability to add young quality players from the draft in numbers, that’s a whole different story.

Back
Top Bottom