The Coordinators/Coaches Staying, Hired, or Leaving thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coordinators/Coaches Staying, Hired, or Leaving thread

Not for nothing, Lem went from being the only guy coaching the OL to like #4 or 5 in line. Doesn't that tell you how bad our offensive coaches were last year? This is where the guy should be, assistant to a real OL coach.
Of all the coaching moves made to date, this one says the most about our new HC.

Instead of "out with the old, in with the new" he apparently actually has a meaningful evaluation of all last year's coaches and decided some were "placed out of position" by Flores. Those mistakes have been corrected.

McDaniel is the real deal as far as HC's go and I'm delighted he is with us.

Of all the coaching moves made to date, this one says the most about our new HC.

Instead of "out with the old, in with the new" he apparently actually has a meaningful evaluation of all last year's coaches and decided some were "placed out of position" by Flores. Those mistakes have been corrected.

McDaniel is the real deal as far as HC's go and I'm delighted he is with us.
Ray is 100% right, again! The easy thing for McDaniel to do was to fire Lemuel Jean Pierre and let the new guys come in. However, he is giving him the opportunity to learn a better system and develop as an assistant coach. I expect a number of Dolphin players and coaches will give a quiet nod of respect to this decision. It actually says a lot about Mike McDaniel, as a man. It may work out or it may not, but he is giving Lemuel a chance to learn and contribute, and that sends a clear message.

Last edited:
Ray is 100% right, again! The easy thing for McDaniel to do was to fire Lemuel Jean Pierre and let the new guys come in. However, he is giving him the opportunity to learn a better system and develop as an assistant coach. I expect a number of Dolphin players and coaches will give a quiet nod of respect to this decision. It actually says a lot about Mike McDaniel, as a man. It may work out or it may not, but he is giving Lemuel a chance to learn and contribute, and that sends a clear message.
Agreed. Hopefully Jean Pierre, adapts to the new techniques and excells teaching them.

Its also saying, hey this guy shouldn't have been the OL coach BUT he wasn't our biggest problem. Guess who was our biggest problem?

So our top 3 DB assistants from last year are gone.

We brought in 5 assistants on defense with only one (Derrick LeBlanc) not being secondary coaches.

We kept 4 offensive assistants in Studs, Lem, Grizzard, and Kolby Smith with Grizzard and Lem taking demotions

So our top 3 DB assistants from last year are gone.

We brought in 5 assistants on defense with only one (Derrick LeBlanc) not being secondary coaches.

We kept 4 offensive assistants in Studs, Lem, Grizzard, and Kolby Smith with Grizzard and Lem taking demotions
Bevell taking a demotion from previous teams too. I think its good that coaches want to be here even if they have to take a step back.

Back
Top Bottom