The Coordinators/Coaches Staying, Hired, or Leaving thread | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coordinators/Coaches Staying, Hired, or Leaving thread

I wonder if they kept last years OL coach around in an effort to actually teach him too. With all the coaching expertise they have now on offense, Jeanpierre will hopefully learn how be an effective OL coach in the future.
I think they want Lem around so he can show them what exactly he was telling the OL to do. That way, they know what needs to be changed and what mistakes they see on film can be attributed to coaching and what can be attributed to the OL being bad.

They have 27 coaches. So the players will be able to get a lot of individual attention if it is needed. For comparison, the 1972 Miami Dolphins went undefeated and had only 7 coaches during that season.

I think they want Lem around so he can show them what exactly he was telling the OL to do. That way, they know what needs to be changed and what mistakes they see on film can be attributed to coaching and what can be attributed to the OL being bad.
That actually makes perfect sense.

I wonder if they kept last years OL coach around in an effort to actually teach him too. With all the coaching expertise they have now on offense, Jeanpierre will hopefully learn how be an effective OL coach in the future.
Could very well be.

Don't know about that. Seems unnecessary to me. Keeping a coach who taught a system unique to the NFL. Maybe he was told to teach that way. In that case, keeping him would make sense. I'm not certain any sports team would keep a coach around to teach him how to do his job.
Tangentially, if JP is teaching the alleged blocking technique, I'd love to know where he got that idea. Dis his mentor teach him? Did he have a dream one night? If he's the only one in the NFL teaching that, he got it from somewhere.

When the coaching search started I had McDaniel and Daboll as my top two choices. I stated I had a slight preference for McDaniel, but that it was close enough that their ability to bring in a good staff would be the determining factor for me if I were making the decision. Now that we have the staff in place, I have to say that my slight preference for McDaniel has become a much larger preference. Obviously, none of us know how good these coaches really are, how well they will mesh and/or how well they will be able to maximize the players we have and those we'll bring in. But I'm really happy with the levels of experience and specialties they bring in and the apparent unified vision they represent. I'm sure some won't work out and we may replace some of those in the next few years. But I am confident that we'll have less turnover in coaches and philosophy in this regime then we've had over the last several years. My over-riding hope has been for consistency. Not consistency with what we've had but consistency going forward.

I am expecting an improvement in offense, but will the defense see a drop off? That is the narrative that the media is dying to tell. We have one game, just one game, where we give up a few TDs and the entire sports media will be jumping down our throat for getting rid of Flores. McDaniel better use that to motivate those defenders. "Those guys out there say it was him and not you! They say you can't win on your own! Is that true?! You gonna let that be your reputation?! Let's show em who you are!"

Back
Top Bottom