The Dolphins Highest Graded Defensive Player, According To Pff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Highest Graded Defensive Player, According To Pff

I'm amazed at the pass rush he has managed, when so often in college and last season he looked like primarily a run stopper

This defense if it gels is going to be expensive to hold together in a couple years
Which is why they should start extending people like James, Howard, Quinn and at least one of the Interior Lineman now.

I'm amazed at the pass rush he has managed, when so often in college and last season he looked like primarily a run stopper

I don't think they can do that yet and, even if they could, I doubt the agents would agree.

He is already one of my favourite players.It`s a pleasure to see him making plays and his speed for a man of his size is really impressing

Random question, but where are you from? Noticed your spelling of "favorite" and was curious!

Vincent Taylor is an intriguing player. Able to both stop the run and rush the passer from the interior. He is strong, heavy, energetic and has a bit of a burst about him when he has the ball carrier (RB or QB) in his sights. If he works on his endurance, I think he could be the Dolphins best DT long term.

He has a Warren Sapp vibe, minus the dope and marital aid toys.

Taylor is a force for sure. And like a lot of our good young players over the past three years, wasnt given a real shot until someone got hurt. Not trying to start a gase bash but i have never liked the way he has handled the players. Very short sighted. Jakeem Grant is a perfect example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSALM 6:38

Jesus said.......

for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will,
but the will of him who sent me

I'm very impressed by his leap this year. Coming out, I thought he was the better prospect compared to Davon Godchaux, but both have exceeded my expectations. Kudos to each of those young men, and to Kris Kocurek the DL coach who seems to be getting every ounce of their potential on the field.

Vincent seems bigger than I remember Sapp being.

Think back just a few months. There was serious concern by many of us that the departure of Ndamukong Suh would leave an enormous crater on the D-line. Truth is that Vincent Taylor and Davin Godchaux have done a terrific job of stepping up (and even allowing us to cut Jordan Phillips). As late round Draft picks, in 2017, Taylor and Godchaux give 100% every week and are key building blocks for the future.
Hearty congrats to Chris Grier and his team on great drafting. Hearty congrats to coaches, Burke and Kocurek on developing them. Looks like we didn't just get one late round steal - we got two. Hard to now believe that Cordrea Tankersley and Isaac Asiata were both drafted ahead of Godchaux (5th round) and Taylor (6th round).

Last edited:
Hitting on a 5th round pick is almost more satisfying than your first round pick playing as expected.

I know it's not as large a contributor, but it still feels great.

Back
Top Bottom