The Fins need a good/great draft...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins need a good/great draft......

Well, having a "good" draft would be better than the usual for us. Having a great draft would be something we haven't have this century so there's a lot of hope riding on this draft. This is why I'm gonna be real upset if we make this draft all about Tua only and nothing else. We have the picks both in numbers in quantity(14) plus quality(5 of the top 56) so there's no excuse not to have a better than just good draft.

6 picks in the first 70 (7 if the trade down from 5) should mean 5 starters and a developmental QB, about 25% of the team. This is an unprecedented situation. If we get this right, people will point to this draft for years.

LT, FS, QB, RB, RT, and C are all wide open. Slot WR is a possibility...

Pray... or prey.

If all they get out off this draft is a franchise QB, then it will have been a great draft.

True, I can’t even think of any other Dolphins drafted the same year as Marino. It didn’t matter.

They have enough picks that even if they hit on just half the team will be much better.

With the same 2 QBs on contract, the team will be markedly better.

I'd package my latter two fist rounders if I had a shot at Beckton/Whirfs.
I been saying for 2 weeks now, draft Tua at 5, then move up from 18 to get Wirfs. Wirfs played a lot of RT in college, RT is the blind side for Tua. I don't think it takes 26 though. I think 18, 173, and a 2021 2nd gets us close.

Back
Top Bottom