The Fins need a good/great draft...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins need a good/great draft......

If all they get out off this draft is a franchise QB, then it will have been a great draft.
With 14 freaking picks if all we get out of this draft is Tua then the whole FO should be executed......not fired but executed. If you have 14 picks including 6 of the top 70 and you just get one QB regardless of who that QB is, it'd prove an ineptitude never seen before.

With 14 freaking picks if all we get out of this draft is Tua then the whole FO should be executed......not fired but executed. If you have 14 picks including 6 of the top 70 and you just get one QB regardless of who that QB is, it'd prove an ineptitude never seen before.
Hard to fathom that mindset isn't it?

download-1.jpg

No more Michael Deiter's of the world. Please get us some quality Offensive Linemen. And perhaps a solid RB to share the load with Howard.
Dieters need time to develop..everybody ain't going be star there first yr. Plus he was third round pick. That why u have veteran player. Available until Dieters is ready..

Dieters need time to develop..everybody ain't going be star there first yr. Plus he was third round pick. That why u have veteran player. Available until Dieters is ready..
It wouldn't surprise me if he came back this season stronger, better prepared, and ready to compete for a starting spot.

He had the usual 3rd rd rookie struggles, but I haven't closed the book on him yet.

I hope that all the Miami Draft picks come good but alas, there will probably be some hits and some misses. However, the great thing is that with 14 picks we're statistically in with a much better chance of getting more hits than a team that only has say 6 picks (eg Arizona, Rams and Atlanta) or say only 5 picks (New Orleans and KC).

Last edited:
Way too early to write Dieter off... Guard is one of those positions that added weight and added experience (cheating and nut-punching) make a huge difference.

Tunsil played it quite well his rookie year.

But I get the point and agree.

If you come out with the QB and 3 other good staters in those first three rounds, you had a hell of a draft...execptional. Add depth after that and you had a really good draft.

Also, is it OK to threaten the life of members of the Dolphins organization if they don't draft well? Do we execute them the day after the draft, do we do so after year one? Three years from now?

Also, kind of a ****ed up mindset..."execute because they didn't sports good enough"...

If you come out with the QB and 3 other good staters in those first three rounds, you had a hell of a draft...execptional. Add depth after that and you had a really good draft.

Also, is it OK to threaten the life of members of the Dolphins organization if they don't draft well? Do we execute them the day after the draft, do we do so after year one? Three years from now?

Also, kind of a ****ed up mindset..."execute because they didn't sports good enough"...
As an expansion team, Tampa's first coach, John McKay was asked by a reporter, "what do you think of the offense's execution", McKay responded "I'm in favor of it".

Always found that hilarious......

How Dolphins is it that we have the most important draft in franchise history coming up? and a pandemic prevents us from doing the usual draft processes?

The key remains getting the quarterback right. Obviously, want to hit at a better than NFL rate, but there will be misses. Can't miss on the quarterback, though.

Of course, but if all they get out of this draft is a 10 to 15 year high level QB, It will have been a success. If Patrick Mahomes is all the Chiefs got out of the 2017 draft, no matter what else transpired the rest of that draft, it would have to be considered a smashing success.

Hard to fathom that mindset isn't it?
What do you think? That's what I'm hoping for or what I'm expecting? I'm just saying that if you get at least a franchise QB out of this draft, everything else is gravy.

Back
Top Bottom