The Fins need a good/great draft...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins need a good/great draft......

I hope you are right but we have been hearing for three years that Charles Harris needs time to develop and he was a first round draft pick.
I don't know who you've been hearing that from. Most of us knew that guy stunk pretty early on. Not a popular draft pick at all.

No more Michael Deiter's of the world. Please get us some quality Offensive Linemen. And perhaps a solid RB to share the load with Howard.

Michael Dieter was a solid pick. I believe he'll get better. He's a much better prospect than guys we've had in the past. Fat walrus's like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner.

6 picks in the first 70 (7 if the trade down from 5) should mean 5 starters and a developmental QB, about 25% of the team. This is an unprecedented situation. If we get this right, people will point to this draft for years.

LT, FS, QB, RB, RT, and C are all wide open. Slot WR is a possibility...

Pray... or prey.

That almost sounds like a dream. I'm not sure 5 starters out of 6 is reasonable, . . . unless you count Deiter as a starter. I'm guessing you mean day 1 at-least-average starter. AND a developmental QB.

To me, getting 1-2 surprisingly good players and some role players is a good draft is as far as my optimism will let me go. You could be right - I HOPE you're right - but that would be an amazing draft.

It's no different for the 31 other teams. I'm not cutting Grier any slack for this draft. He better hit a homerun.

And I suppose you expect the other 31 teams to hit a homerun? To me, that's unrealistic. Getting half of 14 to eventually become starters is an amazing draft. And, for the record, Grier doesn't set the board..

If our team had all the talent KC had when they drafted Mahomes then sure, he was the last missing piece but of course we're not just Tua away from a SB. I know that you were being extreme just like I was tho........I've been a fan for a long time and I know all too well that having a great QB alone won't get you a SB.......till the day Dan retired he was consider the GOAT and we never won because he didn't have a running game or a good enough defense.
I hear you, but that was a different era of football then and Miami happened to have the misfortune of being in the same division as the Buffalo Bills who were an AFC dynasty at the time. Running the ball and playing great defense were staples of the NFL during Marino's era. If Marino was playing now his teams would be a contender almost every year. His teams back then were borderline contenders while he played because he was that good. He just couldn't get over the hump because the teams he faced when he got to the playoffs were more complete than Miami's.

And I suppose you expect the other 31 teams to hit a homerun? To me, that's unrealistic. Getting half of 14 to eventually become starters is an amazing draft. And, for the record, Grier doesn't set the board..
What? All I'm saying that Grier doesn't get a pass because there is a pandemic going on. He has more draft capital than any team in the league. There are no excuses. Plus I really don't care all that much what happens with many of those picks but he better come away with a franchise QB out of this draft or he should be fired.

What? All I'm saying that Grier doesn't get a pass because there is a pandemic going on. He has more draft capital than any team in the league. There are no excuses. Plus I really don't care all that much what happens with many of those picks but he better come away with a franchise QB out of this draft or he should be fired.

I'll admit, "He better hit a homerun" is pretty vague, but I don't equate that with "he better come away with a franchise QB." In my midn, those are two different tings. My problem is with " I'm not cutting Grier any slack for this draft" is Grier doesn't, by himself, make draft picks, and getting quality starters is true in a minority of picks for 32 teams. I wouldn't set an unrealistic bar for success.

I'll admit, "He better hit a homerun" is pretty vague, but I don't equate that with "he better come away with a franchise QB." In my midn, those are two different tings. My problem is with " I'm not cutting Grier any slack for this draft" is Grier doesn't, by himself, make draft picks, and getting quality starters is true in a minority of picks for 32 teams. I wouldn't set an unrealistic bar for success.
Okay, if you are willing to accept more futility from this guy that's your prerogative, but I'm not. This franchise set itself up to do a great deal of damage over the next two drafts, and if Grier can't take advantage then he should be shown the door, and part of doing "damage" is finding a franchise QB.

Thankfully we have the Dolphins' Director of College Scouting since 2007 as our GM for the past 3 years making these picks or we'd be in trouble. Championship!

Harris Need be cut..all ur pick are not going workout. Some may find other team. Some are bust..just hope we have great draft.. specially first 6 pick
Why cut him? He costs peanuts this year. How about we actually help him improve or as usual watch it happen with another team.

What do you think? That's what I'm hoping for or what I'm expecting? I'm just saying that if you get at least a franchise QB out of this draft, everything else is gravy.
Low expectations? 14 picks better yield 3 starters, seeing as how the QB will not...

Back
Top Bottom