The Fins need a good/great draft...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fins need a good/great draft......

Okay, if you are willing to accept more futility from this guy that's your prerogative, but I'm not. This franchise set itself up to do a great deal of damage over the next two drafts, and if Grier can't take advantage then he should be shown the door, and part of doing "damage" is finding a franchise QB.
Right, NFL GM's grow on trees. Fire a guy that has been groomed to succeed now that we have the support staff he needs to succeed.(coaches and A-GM's). He's been in charge of 1 draft so far....
Thankfully we have the Dolphins' Director of College Scouting since 2007 as our GM for the past 3 years making these picks or we'd be in trouble. Championship!
In charge? Really?

Why cut him? He costs peanuts this year. How about we actually help him improve or as usual watch it happen with another team.
Have to disagree on this one Loco.

If he had shown even flashes over the last 3 years, that would be one thing, but he hasn't. You can say coaching, Burkes wide nine or whatever but, at some point, a pass rusher has to beat his man 1v1.

Now we are moving to a hybrid D, where he would have to be able to set the edge against the run? Good luck with that.

I like the kid, but IDK if there is a roster spot for him here. If I'm going to give up a spot for a project, I think Charlton is the better player.

Have to disagree on this one Loco.

If he had shown even flashes over the last 3 years, that would be one thing, but he hasn't. You can say coaching, Burkes wide nine or whatever but, at some point, a pass rusher has to beat his man 1v1.

Now we are moving to a hybrid D, where he would have to be able to set the edge against the run? Good luck with that.

I like the kid, but IDK if there is a roster spot for him here. If I'm going to give up a spot for a project, I think Charlton is the better player.
I hear you Mach, just saying the guy costs peanuts so give him another TC to me. I agree Taco is a really good and scary player if he puts more effort in. Jumped off the screen when he was with Michigan.

The funny thing is, we won't know if their draft is bad, good or great until a couple years after they are drafted. These are all unproven players in the NFL. Yes the potential is high on drafting players earlier in the draft but that doesn't mean they are going to be the missing piece for a team. Until the players they draft actually help this team win a Super Bowl (or at least make the playoffs on a regular basis), the grade of Miami's drafts are going to stay average at best.

Why cut him? He costs peanuts this year. How about we actually help him improve or as usual watch it happen with another team.
After 4 yr..dolphins have given Harris every opportunity to be good. wasting time now find someone better.. it not about being cheap. It not work.. cut lost.

After 4 yr..dolphins have given Harris every opportunity to be good. wasting time now find someone better.. it not about being cheap. It not work.. cut lost.

I see your point but to make it a little more complicated

Cap hit 3.45m
Dead money 3.15m
Savings $291.500

Right, so of the over 100 who come to camp we don't want to even see? Imagine if we had taken that mindset with Parker this time last year...

Okay, if you are willing to accept more futility from this guy that's your prerogative, but I'm not. This franchise set itself up to do a great deal of damage over the next two drafts, and if Grier can't take advantage then he should be shown the door, and part of doing "damage" is finding a franchise QB.

I agree with that. Again, my problem is setting a bar higher than that consistently attainable by 31 other GMs

Right, so of the over 100 who come to camp we don't want to even see? Imagine if we had taken that mindset with Parker this time last year...

I understand your point and he aint costin much. But in respects to your statement looks like we've done that approach for the last decade and a half with the OL and how'd that turn out ?

Hopefully real coaching can have a wiser quicker effect, so crap isn't drawn out for years....

I understand your point and he aint costin much. But in respects to your statement looks like we've done that approach for the last decade and a half with the OL and how'd that turn out ?

Hopefully real coaching can have a wiser quicker effect, so crap isn't drawn out for years....
Oh I hear you Vinny. Aggravating to not have them come roaring out of the draft or at least in their sophomore year. But, you know the second we cut him, he'll be a beast for some other team lol.

Though I believe Miami must have a great draft to make waves as early as this year, I also think even if Miami had what would be considered an OK or good Draft, it would still be enough for one big reason...Brian Flores.

Good coaching can do wonders for a team, and last year a receiver that could normally be counted to be either injured or inconsistent looked like a Star....A TE that after one year was looking like a bust, became a legit receiving weapon at TE...An aging backup QB that was known to be inconsistent, looked like a franchise QB in the 2nd half of the season...Finally what normally spelled death for Miami when injuries started, last year only screamed next man up, playing even better in the 2nd half.

Coaching can do a lot for a franchise, hit on a superstar, he is coached to be unstoppable, get a good but not great player, he is coached to make a difference everytime he steps on the field, and draft a less talented player, he can be coached to be a quality role player if there is anything there.

Though I still need to see it from coach Flores, if he is the real deal, talent and injuries are not going to scare me as much as it used to.

Oh I hear you Vinny. Aggravating to not have them come roaring out of the draft or at least in their sophomore year. But, you know the second we cut him, he'll be a beast for some other team lol.

A beast for another team and crap with ours still serves us no real progress.

After a reasonable amount of time I'd expect a qualified coaching staff to evaluate the success rate well enough to make the proper decision and expect in some time our guys will be more efficient. Truthfully due to his cost hit $291.500 and dead money 3+m hit doesn't hurt to keep him. But judging from watching his play on the field see that having little to do with that decision.

But hey Parker did it so I guess it can be done although truthfully even Parker I hate to say it cause the walls are going to come crashing down only has 1/2 to 3/4 of one seasons to base that success on.... Not saying he wont be, but truthfully to be fair we have to see with more playing time. JMO

If this fan site is the deciding factor if the dolphins had a good or great draft then they are sunk

guy that come to camp are new player. They deserved shot. Only reason harris on team is because he was draft in 1st rd.
Parkers is all right. He was only wr left to throw too. Everybody else was hurt.

Back
Top Bottom