**The Fire Larry Coker Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Fire Larry Coker Thread**

While we're at it, let's bring Jimmy Johnson into the mix. He went to two National Championships, winning one. Butch didn't even stay around for one. I'm sorry, I have a hard time with people who bail when you need them the most, and that's what he did. If Davis could put IN WRITING that he won't bail at the last second like he did at Miami, (and in the middle of the season at Cleveland:rolleyes: )then I would welcome him back. I just don't want somebody who will sell my boys short in a quest for the best, that's all.:peace:

i was the first one to put this up and i am sticking to my guns. todays loss reinforces my thoughts that coker won his championships with butchs players and that he is too soft. he must go asap, bring back butch

this loss brings back memories of the good ole wanny days, where our oline was horrible alongwith our qb. he needs to be fired.

Coker needs to go now. The buck stops there, I don't want to hear any apologists.

WestVirginiaFan said:
arent you guys taking this a little to far?
this isnt West Virginia..where you could lose and fans would still be happy and the coach can win or lose whenever

this is the U..where you MUST get better every year as a coach..Larry Coker has when downhill ever since he has been head coach after the championship

Coker must go

period.

305TillIDie said:
this isnt West Virginia..where you could lose and fans would still be happey and the coach can win or lose whenever

this is the U..where you MUST get better every year as a coach..Larry Coker has when downhill ever since he has been head coach after the championship

Coker must go

period.

Harsh but true :lol:

This isnt a program where 3 losses and a major bowl berth is considered great, unless you either have a 1 loss season or win the NC your not doing yoir job

**** i agree with yall that he should be let go. and that expectations are expectations.

i know i had thoughts that Bowden should be fired after last year...

He has some games to redeem himself.....but he better be running up the scores on teams like FIU 70-3 because thats what the U is about.....and he better get us back to the ACC title game (good thing FSU is on the other side of the ACC or else they would be ahead of us) and we better beat FSU.....

Thats the only way I would even begin to change my mind

Nappy Roots said:
**** i agree with yall that he should be let go. and that expectations are expectations.

i know i had thoughts that Bowden should be fired after last year...
yeah man..Miami and Florida State is greatness...both schools and their fans is ruthless..thats how it is when it comes to Florida football

I use to defend Coker alot..but now, i see why this guy gets bashed every year..he sucks as a head coach and doesnt even make adjustments at halftime..we were out-coached...bottom line

congrats to your noles

A phrase I always use is lousy handicapping and it gripped this entire program several years ago. The decision to accept Brock Berlin's transfer from UF was the first thing that made me scream. Yeah, he was a competitor but a limited little QB and Miami's aspirations have to be above that. He had already demonstrated at Gainesville that he was error prone and hardly the caliber of his high school press clippings.

Then the alltime masochistic decision was by Donna Shalala, moving to the ACC. I wasn't posting here at the time but I assailed it on other sites. Who gives a damn about basketball and the other sports? This is a football school and that feeds the entire reputation of the program. Miami cut it's chance at a football national championship by at least 50% every year when it voluntarily moved to the ACC. That's not pessimism, it's basic math. The pointspreads correspond to win likelihood. Plus, you went far beyond that 50% when the ACC title game was added a year later, an extra hurdle missing in the Big East. And that conference title game severely restricted scheduling flexibility since that date at the end of the season must be left open. I absolutely can't believe Miami was so stupid to leave the Big East.

You can't fault the recruiting of Kyle Wright but it should have been obvious early in his career the kid has no instincts. I attended the first game he ever set foot on the field at UM, against La Tech in 2004. It was shocking. Wright had already been on campus for two springs and two fall camps yet he was a clueless statue. Now he's not a statue. Actually worse, retreating to insure a huge loss.

Coker hasn't found a top QB and this is his 6th year in charge. I'm not sure about firing him since anyone who succeeds will be stuck with a Kyle Wright next year. Freeman didn't look special last year either. Normally I don't get carried away with QBing but to deny its impact on this program is, well, lousy handicapping.

WestVirginiaFan said:
arent you guys taking this a little to far?
its been around since before the season started, this just reaffirms my thoughts about it

Back
Top Bottom