**The Fire Larry Coker Thread** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Fire Larry Coker Thread**

Louisville is a better team, better coaching...

our defense is good..but offense cant move the ball

i bet the defense is like "we hold louisville to 3 points and no points?"..they gave up..then the offense give up...

23Ronnie23 said:
looks like nate harris was right, were soft

this needed to happen tho, The coaching of this team was exposed against LSU, but the fact that the guys are so out of position against Louiville now . . . man I just don't see how Coker makes it thru this season. I think he resigns before they fire him tho . . . His last hope would be to run the table and win the ACC championship and the BCS bowl game they go to . . . but any quality team will beat Miami when these guys take the field . . . its the same team every week . . . same defense, same offense . . . it doesn't work . . . adjust . . they don't . . . get somebody else who can manage these guys. plain and simple . . . man if they would just try atleast to switch some things up, I wouldn't be as upset, but the lack of effort by this staff is sickening.

like jeremy shockey said, butch davis was a good coach because he wasnt soft like coker is

305TillIDie said:
Louisville is a better team, better coaching...

our defense is good..but offense cant move the ball

i bet the defense is like "we hold louisville to 3 points and no points?"..they gave up..then the offense give up...

I like the defense, but I agree that we have 2 new starting CB's and we letting them run up and down the field with man coverage. Keep getting burned . . . why not go another route . . . the CB's look like "damn wtf is coach doing, got me on this fast 6'6 dude solo, why is Kenny and Brandon up there and not helping me in support" . . . damn u tried it . . it didn't work switch up . . . just because it may work in practice, Louiville is a different offense . . u gotta make adjustments and that is the knock on this coaching staff, that and formations, get your guys in the best spots to be successful . . . it feels like the Jason Allen experiment against Jville. . .except with the whole team, not just one player.

Kdawg954 said:
I like the defense, but I agree that we have 2 new starting CB's and we letting them run up and down the field with man coverage. Keep getting burned . . . why not go another route . . . the CB's look like "damn wtf is coach doing, got me on this fast 6'6 dude solo, why is Kenny and Brandon up there and not helping me in support" . . . damn u tried it . . it didn't work switch up . . . just because it may work in practice, Louiville is a different offense . . u gotta make adjustments and that is the knock on this coaching staff, that and formations, get your guys in the best spots to be successful . . . it feels like the Jason Allen experiment against Jville. . .except with the whole team, not just one player.
actually, it feels like wanny all over again

Guys,

What is happening to UM Football happened before.

Larry Coker is the 2nd Coming of Denis Erickson.

You remember Coach Erickson. Came in after JJ left for the NFL and Erickson won a Championship with JJ players.
Then the next year failed to win and so forth with
Frank Costa etc….

You see the very same thing happened with coker.
Took over for a Davis former JJ assistant and won
a championship the missed the next year etc…

You see the pattern people. JJ and Davis share the same work ethic. While Ericson and Coker do not know that the secret to UM success was in the practice habits.

Full game speed, full contact during practices. Survival of the fittest when it came to who started on saturday. No position was guaranteed for any player.

Look at former JJ assistants like Tommy in Aurburn who was the linebacker coach.

Look at former JJ assistant Ed Orgeron who went from
UM to be the D line coach at Southern California and won a championships now the head coach of Ole Miss.

Do you see former employees know the secret to success lies in the practice habits that were started by Schnellenberger and perfected by JJ.

Look at all the NFL talking about how UM practices where tougher than most NFL teams.

Bring back the majic…. JJ or Davis…. teach these boys to practice so hard that saturday felt like a day off.

Well it’s sad but as I watch the Game today against LOU I find myself cheering for LOU. That way all the press down here at the Herald can now safely say good by to nice “players coach†coker, wansttade, erickson etc….

Your players have to fear their coach… Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis etc….

I never seen middle linebackers for UM so slow at play recognition…. do you even watch any film???? before playing a game???

I’ve been calling for coker to be fired ever since I recognized what kind of coach he was. To me it was Erickson again…

PAUL DEE wake up!!! you were there when Erickson came in and killed the program…

Why do make the same mistake all over again???

You nice is not the word you want in a coach…

SABAN, JJ, DAVIS… nice is a word you will never hear from their players…. but they sure as hell fear them…

And Fear is a great motivator….

Firing the assistants who never forgot how to coach was not the answer… It was coker and his friend last year who was the offensive coordinator who should have been fired.

I hope now we can move on. I am glad UM lost so we can begin the healing of PAUL DEE stupidity….

Just a suggestion now. Put a former JJ player in charge for the rest of the season like Randy Shannon. Just ask him what it was like to fear JJ as a player. And what it was like to have full speed full contact practices under JJ.

Bring the pain back in practice, cane on cane…. The boys right now are afraid and soft of getting hit or hitting…. That’s because of how they practice.

I’ve been saying this for over two years…. Come Lebatard grow some balls.. write an article it’s okay UM Lost the game…

WANTED
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH FOR:
University of Miami

Please send resume to PAUL DEE.

We prefer anybody whoever worked as an assistant to Jimmy Johnson. like Butch Davis, Tommy Tubberville, Ed Orgeron.

Please bring back the mental toughness and physical toughness that UM Football was all about.

All other coaches need not apply.

Darry Cokestedt... this is getting ridiculous. Our offense is non-existent, and our defense was definitely suspect today. But the offense... no imagination, the same Wannstedt-esque vanilla play-calling. Horrible offensive line, and a QB who can't handle the blitz at all. :tantrum:

It's not Cokers fault you left the best recruiting conference area in football.

You should have stayed in the big east!

MikeO said:
Your post is sad. Wishing death on anyone:shakeno:
If you think I really want the guy to die, then that's pretty sad on your part.

It's a very common phrase, ya know.. doesn't exactly mean you want it to happen. :rolleyes2

It's time for you to hop off the internet & have yourself some real life convo's.

I would like to see Larry gone and I hope they hire Butch again

One thing I saw in the last game was they should not be having James in at rb so much, umm he is 3rd on the debth chart and he really show hes needs to be 3rd bye missing blocking assignments. I dont know the status of Moss but he and Jones should have been the only backs playing.
Also another thing that tick me off about there coaching decisions was not enough shoutgun sets when u knew they were going to blitz

kyle wrigth just threw bombs he didnt even bother to try and hit the receiver, he just aired it out and prayed that someone on UM would catch it

Looks like you may get your wish....

There was reportedly an emergency Board of Trustees meeting called at the University of Miami yesterday afternoon to talk about the future of coach Larry Coker, according to Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano. The report indicated that both Jim Kelly & Bernie Kosar were spotted awaiting the meeting to take place. The speculation was that Coker could be out as early as today. Hurricanes defensive. coordinator Randy Shannon could take over if Coker is given the pink slip.
http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/coker_larry00.html

Back
Top Bottom