The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9920622/Orlando-City-A-Very-English-Experience

Interesting article about the MLS team in Orlando

I still think its naff than the MLS doesn't have relegation :tubes:

Also, Marca (big Spanish paper) are reporting we could be able to sign Pedro for what would be about $37million. Rooney, Depay, Mata, Pedro, Hernandez/Wilson + one more proper striker would be a great set of strikers for our new 4-3-3

Speaking of Marca, here is the front page today

CKohriyUkAEzVmk.jpg

If we really do manage to swap De Gea for Ramos (just made Madrid captain!) that would be a hell of a signing. Now they have went ahead and sold Casillas it will be hard for Madrid to wait for De Gea's contract to expire next season and apparently United outright refuse to sell him without getting Ramos.

The question is who we sign to replace De Gea (probably second best keeper in the world) Spurs don't want to sell Lloris who is injured anyway, the media seem convinced Van Gaal wants his old Dutch keeper Cillessen from Ajax- but that would worry me. I would like Keylor Navas, Madrid signed him after a great season but he wasn't a big enough star to get a proper chance there. Apparently you could sign him cheap; around £10million. The Manc media say we signing the Argentina international keeper Sergio Romero this weekend (free agent) but he is only going to be backup to De Gea/whoever we sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Northern Ireland draw Germany, the Czech Republic and Norway in our world cup qualification group -_-

US soccer is heading towards the promotion/relegation system. USL (which is division 3 here) have told all teams they need to have stadiums that seat a minimum of 5000 people or they won't be allowed to continue.

In other news, AC MIlan is heading in the right direction finally with Mr. Bee investing in the club

United V Barca just kicking off in San Fran

Mostly interested in watching Pedro

Beat Barca 3-1 which means very very little

But must say, I have been impressed with Luke Shaw this preseason, he never really settled last year and picked up numerous small injuries. But when you pay 30 odd million for a teenage fullback you expect to be impressed.

Hey Tim Howard, whenever your ready to come back from taking that sabbatical from the international game we could use you. Guzan sucks.
Guzan messed up in the Jamaica game, but I think he's the only reason the USA made it to penalties against Panama. The US looked slow and listless and they deserved to lose. I don't know if it's a lack of talent, tactics or motivation, but honestly at this moment the US are the 4th best team in CONCACAF, if that. (I think Costa Rica and Trinidad give them a run for their money too.)

CK5cSSGWgAAdZ0N.jpg

We announced Sergio Romero at 3am (stupid US tours, I get enough of this crap from the Dolphins :lol: ) Don't know an awful lot about him but he did well in the world cup for Argentina and he should be a good number 2 for De Gea/whoever we sign

Must say Pirlo was very impressive in his debut with NYC. No idea how Lamps will fit in, but I think it's fair to say that NYC went from also-ran to playoff contender with the addition of one out-of-shape 36 year old player - so who knows what they'll do with two? ;)

Lampard will still score ****onnes at the mls level

Getting old and slow shouldn't hurt pirlo much either in mls he will ping the ball around for decades

It's all very well being Europe's retirement home but you need to try to get near the level of players Turkish (far from a European power) clubs attract from the big leagues. Nani, RVP and a number of players with plenty of good football ahead of them all got shipped off to Turkey this year from england

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's all very well being Europe's retirement home but you need to try to get near the level of players Turkish (far from a European power) clubs attract from the big leagues. Nani, RVP and a number of players with plenty of good football ahead of them all got shipped off to Turkey this year from england
What, Drogba doesn't count? ;)

Seriously though, it will take some time but I think MLS will get there eventually. Soccer continues to rise in popularity in North America, and the richest MLS franchises are now worth nearly as much as a club like Galatasaray or Fenerbahce. Maybe we can compete for a star like RVP soon.

I will say this - the play of Giovinco at Toronto FC has convinced a lot of people that getting a "near-star" in their prime is better value than getting fading star who's well past it.

dear-familyfinal-4574242.jpg

The Premier league is back tomorrow, thank god. Didn't watch a kick of the womens world cup and apart from a few 3am friendly haven't seen a game since may. Thank god the offseason is a fraction of the size of the NFL one

Also, daft marketing and ugly sponsor (who pay us sh**tonnes) aside I really like our first adidas kit

man-utd-home_3393573k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom