The Four Players Miami likes at #20. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Four Players Miami likes at #20.

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
thanks ozzy .. but KB does put alot of time into his work for the sight .. and i do believe that his predictions could be right ... just my opinion ..

Don't get me wrong. I like reading his stuff. He takes a lot of time to read about players, and gather his knowledge Especially when it comes to the O-line, he is good.

Qb is another story......

:tongue:

Vernon Carey appears to be a trade down option. I do not think they will take him at 20. However, Nat Dorsey is also a strong trade down option.

One thing is clear, and is why they aren't really looking at Smiley that high. They want someone that can play tackle as well as guard. The offensive linemen that they brought to Miami were Shawn Andrews, Vernon Carey, Jacob Rogers, Nat Dorsey, and Max Starks.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
I do not own the phinzone website. I just do the draft section for them.

As for the source, it is just as any source. The Dolphins organization isn't going to let anything out. My source is an orthopod who did a fellowship with the Miami Dolphins and remains in contact with their team physicians. The team docs check out the players the Dolphins bring in for a visit. So, this information comes from the medical side of the evaluation process.

Well, there guess is a good as any.

But like I said in my previous post. They also are high enough on Vernon Carey, that they are considering a trade down......

Vernon Carey appears to be a trade down option. I do not think they will take him at 20. However, Nat Dorsey is also a strong trade down option.

One thing is clear, and is why they aren't really looking at Smiley that high. They want someone that can play tackle as well as guard. The offensive linemen that they brought to Miami were Shawn Andrews, Vernon Carey, Jacob Rogers, Nat Dorsey, and Max Starks.

Yikes. Guys like Rogers, Dorsey and Starks scare me and are not first round material. I pray to the Lord that we will not be disapointed again on draft day.

You were pretty high on Smiley right? I wonder whats their reason for the dislike?

And moving down to take Carey wouldn't be a bad move on their part. First, they would pick up an extra pick or two in this draft. Considering that this is a deep draft, they would certainly get some players that will contribute. They also would love to get Stu Schweigert but know they won't be able to get him in the third round. By trading down into the early part of the second round, they could possibly pick up an extra pick later on in the second round.

The reason Carey isn't a sure fire first round pick is his conditioning. He's a big, strong, explosive blocker, but he is very soft in his body.

Originally posted by Ozzy

Smiley ? I wonder whats their reason for the dislike?

I believe you quoted the reason (can play guard and tackle). :huh:

Originally posted by Ozzy

You were pretty high on Smiley right? I wonder whats their reason for the dislike?

I don't think they dislike him. I think it is a matter of preference at this point. I don't believe they want to take a guard in the first round. Rick still likes Taylor Whitley a lot and believes he will be a starter at some point. They don't want to use a first round pick on a player to compete with him. A third round pick, maybe. Not a first.

However, they would like to add a tackle it seems. Despite signing St. Clair, I believe they think he is better off on the inside or as a swing tackle.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me any if they did go for Smiley. They did have a lengthy interview with him at the combine.

Originally posted by ZOD

I believe you quoted the reason (can play guard and tackle). :huh:

Probably because I don't thinks thats why. If they trade down they could be picking twice in the second.

From what I have gathered about Smiley, he is a real hard worker, something that Carey is not known for. And if they can nab the Safety also in round two then a player like Carlos Joseph could be had in the third. Or they can take Rogers from USC if the Safeties are gone in the 2nd.

I'm for having as many good lineman as possible, not one playing 11 positions.

I suppose the source is as good as any other we seem to have confidence in.

I'm not a real big fan of Carey, even in a trade down. He has a real bust potential. I'd rather take a guy like Smiley that is going to play hard every down.

I hope we address the oline with Andrews or Smiley,and then get chad lavalies from LSU in rd 3. Dolfanreal69

Wow, so maybe they don't really want Smiley afterall.I guess I better start to like Andrews since he could be our pick...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Who knows for sure who they really want. I just hope like everyone here they make the right choice for the team.Dolfanreal69

Originally posted by dolfanreal69
Who knows for sure who they really want. I just hope like everyone here they make the right choice for the team.Dolfanreal69

Amen.

:pope: :pope: :pope:

Back
Top Bottom