The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play

Do you think Tannehill should've changed the play to a pass?

• Total voters
Like I said. :lol: :)

you don't even know that plenty of nfl qbs have full authority to check out of any call at the los based on what the defense shows...hell tom brady does it all the damn time...peyton manning...etc...what do you think all those kill calls at the los are that the audio picks up every game???

ha ha lock yourself in a room and get a football 101 book and devour it...you need it some kind of bad...

you don't even know that plenty of nfl qbs have full authority to check out of any call at the los based on what the defense shows...hell tom brady does it all the damn time...peyton manning...etc...what do you think all those kill calls at the los are that the audio picks up every game???
I'm a complete moron. :)

ha ha lock yourself in a room and get a football 101 book and devour it...you need it some kind of bad...

Some will never understand....

What many don't realize is that most NFL QB's would have made the exact same call Tannehill did....

What many don't realize is that most NFL QB's would have made the exact same call Tannehill did....

correct...the ones that don't and play right into the defenses hands are the ones who haven't earned their staffs trust or aren't allowed to make the calls...they've either shown that they can't be trusted or aren't ready yet...

this stuffs basic though...i mean damn wake the hell up

You must have polled them about it, or collected data on it? :unsure:

nobody nobody should have a problem with the audible, period. unless you prefer the wanny days of punting and relying heavily on your defense

or they just know how football works. lol
Amazing the breadth of knowledge and predictive accuracy that can be acheived by "knowing how football works," yet at the same time, "knowing how football works" is presented as so simple and something most everybody has. :unsure:

If there's one thing I've learned about the Dolphins fan base and QB's... It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Had he not called the audible and DT fumbles or we simply hand the ball back to Buffalo with plenty of time left and the end result remains the same, the OP would have posted a similiar poll and stood on his soap box claiming that he sucks for NOT calling the audible.

A football IQ somewhere around "average" really should be a mandatory requirement to start threads.

:confused2:

My god what is wrong with you. Philbin said the check in to the pass play was the right call, so a running play based on that defense would NOT have been the right call. There is only one right call based on the defensive formation - both a run and a pass cannot be the right call, because you can only run one play at a time (you do know that right?). And your suggestion that Philbin is only saying that publicly is completely unfounded and is based on your desire to find fault where there is none.

A few quotes for you from today:

"It was one of our pass concepts," coach Joe Philbin said. "It was something we'd done a bunch of. It was a base concept, a play we felt we knew and a play we felt we could execute."

"If we have another half-second, no one is talking about this," said Tannehill, who has a 83.1 passer rating after six starts.

We cant run the ball against 7...do you really think we can run against 8? I mean a punt is better than a turnover there...but running the ball there would not have been a great option other than you hope no one fumbles..Tannehill has to trust his line at times...He has to do it...If you think he should be running the ball there then why pass the ball at any point in the game.. You have the matchup your looking for..its not his fault that his team cant protect him. He was trying to go out and win the game..If we ran and punted then buff scored a FG anyway then we would have ppl on here saying we are too conservative..

the problem isnt whether he changed the play. The problem is that when the other team is creaping up to the LOS and they already sacked you quickly and you were in control, you should be running two TE and running right at them!

We dont run anything different throughout the game which means in crunch time, you pay. you pay eventually because if your only going to use 5 guys to block my 6/7. I win.

I have not read all the posts (too busy). I have watched many years of the NFL, and believe I can say, with a degree of certainty, that any VG QB over the year would have made the same call as RT did. The one's managing a game in playing not to lose wold have stuck with a run.

RT, Philbin, and Sherman, in their very brief history, have gone for a win as opposed to playing it safe. This is not always agreed with by fans but, it is the way to get the FRACK out of being a bad to mediocre team. "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME."

We cant run the ball against 7...do you really think we can run against 8? I mean a punt is better than a turnover there...but running the ball there would not have been a great option other than you hope no one fumbles..Tannehill has to trust his line at times...He has to do it...If you think he should be running the ball there then why pass the ball at any point in the game.. You have the matchup your looking for..its not his fault that his team cant protect him. He was trying to go out and win the game..If we ran and punted then buff scored a FG anyway then we would have ppl on here saying we are too conservative..

dude, we lead the league in sacks and it was getting worse. You dont put everything on the line when in control when you know damn well they are bringing the house. They were bringing it. They knew. You run to protect the football and there is possibility that the RB can break through the blitz. Then you have another play. Then you can call timeout when the defense shows what they are going to do and you adjust. Its about protecting the lead. If we were playing NE I would say differently but we were going up against rookie Qb and hobbled RB's.

Back
Top Bottom