The Guard Position | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Guard Position

Love Robert Jones, but he may not make the Roster. He'll have to beat out Cotton IMO.

Armstead, Ajax, Driscoll, Brewer, Wynn, Eich, Lamm, Paul, and the vet we will sign soon that may be a starter at OG.
Rob Jones could beat out Cotton with his eyes closed. The way many Eich haters feel about him is how I feel about Cotton.

Based on his track record...you bet!
Brewer has a terrible track record in his one season as the full-time center. He only ranked 11th out of 36 qualifying centers. That is only in the top third. If they cannot rank in at least the top 5, we don't want them, right? :rolleyes:

Brewer has a terrible track record in his one season as the full-time center. He only ranked 11th out of 36 qualifying centers. That is only in the top third. If they cannot rank in at least the top 5, we don't want them, right? :rolleyes:

Shush, your sarcasm it's not recognized by the "Lemmings". - LOL

The guy was a liability plain and simple. But oh yeah, I forgot, everybody the Fins sign is all world!
I hope this makes you feel warm and cozy.
From SI:

Brewer struggled to protect the quarterback on pass plays last season. He allowed six sacks, making him the second-worst center in this regard. He also allowed 34 pressures.

The statistics are concerning because pressure up the middle on a quarterback is arguably the most disruptive for a passing offense.
Sacks are more challenging to avoid and the collapse of the passing pocket at the top makes it harder for the quarterback to step up and throw.

Also, in a league where the average offensive lineman weighs 315 pounds, Brewer's lack of size (274 pounds) could be an issue when bigger defensive tackles attack downhill. There are seven free-agent centers. Brewer is anywhere from 25 to 46 pounds lighter than the other six centers.

Yes.. signs a veteran guard, but not Reisnor. D-Line…Maybe Calais Campbell… 37, but a badass.. my Canes brother. Maybe a FA safety. Not sure about the 6 guys Grier signed as upfront players, but a true run stopper to assist Long would be good.
Not Risner? He is the best OG still out there.

The guy was a liability plain and simple. But oh yeah, I forgot, everybody the Fins sign is all world!
I hope this makes you feel warm and cozy.
From SI:

Brewer struggled to protect the quarterback on pass plays last season. He allowed six sacks, making him the second-worst center in this regard. He also allowed 34 pressures.

The statistics are concerning because pressure up the middle on a quarterback is arguably the most disruptive for a passing offense.
Sacks are more challenging to avoid and the collapse of the passing pocket at the top makes it harder for the quarterback to step up and throw.

Also, in a league where the average offensive lineman weighs 315 pounds, Brewer's lack of size (274 pounds) could be an issue when bigger defensive tackles attack downhill. There are seven free-agent centers. Brewer is anywhere from 25 to 46 pounds lighter than the other six centers.
LMAO...this has all been hashed and rehashed here many times. Now, you are being intentionally obtuse it appears, or being willfully obstinate.

LMAO...this has all been hashed and rehashed here many times. Now, you are being intentionally obtuse it appears, or being willfully obstinate.
Sorry if the truth about Brewer isnt what you want to hear. I dont like it either, but thems the facts. As a Center, he is horrific in pass protection. The Titans knew that and let him walk.

Sorry if the truth about Brewer isnt what you want to hear. I dont like it either, but thems the facts. As a Center, he is horrific in pass protection. The Titans knew that and let him walk.

It’s strange how with Brewer you’re happy to rely on bare stats without context … but in the discussion about WR3 you rejected any statistical analysis in favour of “what my eyes tell me”

Of course there’s no obligation to be consistent on a discussion forum … it’s just noticeable

It’s strange how with Brewer you’re happy to rely on bare stats without context … but in the discussion about WR3 you rejected any statistical analysis in favour of “what my eyes tell me”

Of course there’s no obligation to be consistent on a discussion forum … it’s just noticeable
Im so glad that you follow me. Thank you!

I guess Driscoll will be one starter?
He will be in competition with M/R Jones, Eich and Wynn for the starting guard positions. My guess is 4 of those 5 make the roster with the Jones' on the bubble. If healthy Eich and Wynn are locks to make the roster, not necessarily as starters. Driscoll probably a roster lock too just based on flexibility. If history is a guide all of those will probably play at some point.

Back
Top Bottom