the hooded one miss out on draft class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the hooded one miss out on draft class

There are only seven or eight players still on the Patriots who played for the 16-0 2007 team. Considering some talking heads are picking the Patriots for the super bowl, this says a lot about how good some of those remaining players (Brady, Wilfork, Welker, etc) are, and how good some of the post-2007 pickups have been (Mayo, Chung, Vollmer, the young TEs, etc).

Belicheat is not a great talent evaluator, look at his drafts after Pioli left for Kanas City....he hit on one draft, that was the yr he used every pick on the Gator team......He has double digit picks every yr with most of them in the top 100 and he still has holes on DL, no pass rushing OL and his corners are weak.....he had to use FA to field a Defensive Line......on offense he has no WR and it looks like he found some depth at RB with this draft class.......as long as they have Brady and Belicheats defensive mind, they will win 12-14 games a yr and then get exposed in the playoffs by good teams....

yeah, i think i wrote that article. last may.....LOL

without brady, belichick is naked as a jay bird.

Since Piolo left and Spygate Bill looks like just a good coach, not some hall of fame coach.

The man is still good, but IMO it has become obvious he was not this genius everyone made him out to be. Easy to succeed when you have arguably the best GM in the game and a future HOF QB.

Can't blame him for what he was given, he made it work. But I see no genius, just a good coach

Belicheat is not a great talent evaluator, look at his drafts after Pioli left for Kanas City....he hit on one draft, that was the yr he used every pick on the Gator team......He has double digit picks every yr with most of them in the top 100 and he still has holes on DL, no pass rushing OL and his corners are weak.....he had to use FA to field a Defensive Line......on offense he has no WR and it looks like he found some depth at RB with this draft class.......as long as they have Brady and Belicheats defensive mind, they will win 12-14 games a yr and then get exposed in the playoffs by good teams....
Thats the same thing I have been saying, the Patriots are often given too much credit on their draft choices, as they really aren't that impressive. Tom Brady is carrying that team almost single handily.

2010 was a good draft for them, McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, and Hernandez all are going to contribute for a few years (not 100% sold on Spikes and Cunningham)

2009 lots of picks used and only Vollmer and Chung to show.

2008 was Mayo and a whole lot of nothing

2007 whole lot of nothing.

What NE does do well is steal extra top 100 draft picks from idiot teams like Dallas and Oakland who fall all over themselves to give NE their future #1's. What do they care, they are not in our division. Belicheck is smart to bring in so many guys to try them out;(along with lots of players not on his team) and to get to know them personally. But I agree, he does not use these extra picks very well.

Thank god.

RW

Say what you will about Bill Belichick
but I would be first in line to welcome him as our coach

in 2010 they had 8 pro bowlers and 6 all pros with a 14-2 record
I guess the 2007/2008/2009 drafts really affected the team in a negative way

And for you imbeciles that say Belichick isn't a genius:crazy:
any team that Has 121 wins and 39 losses in regular season
over the past 10 years has a GENIUS running the team

121 WINS AND 39 LOSSES= GENIUS

What makes Bill so great and separates him from the Sparanos of the world is how versatile he is. He doesnt have a "system". He just fits his gameplan around the talent he is given.In the early part of the 00's, the Pats used move the ball by running, screen passes, short passes, ect. When he got Moss and Welker, he was willing to adapt and the result was the greatest offensive team the league has ever seen. Now he doesnt have Moss and has adapted yet again to his talent. He runs 2 TE sets on the regular with Hernandez and Gronkowski. On defense its the same thing. He runs a ton of different looks and plays to his talent and the opponent's weakness. I find it amazing that Fins fans who have watched the Pats for years can sit here and say he isnt a HOF caliber coach.

Fixed link: http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=wingoz

Interesting though.. isn't it basically the same case for us with our 07 class? Or maybe 06.. hell, I don't remember this stuff anymore. Just weird to see us share that trait with Bill.

The Dolphins 2007 class was not great, but it did turn out two solid starters in Soliai and Fields.

What makes Bill so great and separates him from the Sparanos of the world is how versatile he is. He doesnt have a "system". He just fits his gameplan around the talent he is given.In the early part of the 00's, the Pats used move the ball by running, screen passes, short passes, ect. When he got Moss and Welker, he was willing to adapt and the result was the greatest offensive team the league has ever seen. Now he doesnt have Moss and has adapted yet again to his talent. He runs 2 TE sets on the regular with Hernandez and Gronkowski. On defense its the same thing. He runs a ton of different looks and plays to his talent and the opponent's weakness. I find it amazing that Fins fans who have watched the Pats for years can sit here and say he isnt a HOF caliber coach.

I would say BB is a great HC who struck gold with brady and then the whole trade guys for #1 picks started. Then he had teams in first superbowl years where if guys got injured, he had backups that came in and just filled the gap.

Brady makes the defense better by controlling game through pass-first philosophy. It makes the OL job easier cus defenses face all those different formations. Many times, New England comes out from the start in 5WR set. Brady gets rid of ball quick, henceforth difficult to get to. They score points and touchdowns. Then the opposing offense has to pass pass pass all day to make up henceforth, henne interceptions.

BB deserves all the credit in the world for what he has accomplished. Its just that he is not god. He is not perfect but that is the impression he has left on the world.

I say the world is changing and we have alot to say about that. And it is the ultimate complement because we are copying his philosophy with his guy.

no wide receivers??? you mean draft pick wide receivers??? or just their receivers in general??? welker branch chad ocho is just about as good as any other 1-3 in the league(this is not even factoring in gronk/hernandez)

Back
Top Bottom