The Hunt Play | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Hunt Play

I was asking these questions on another post. Did he forget that he can't catch it? Did he think it was going to be intercepted? Did he think it had been tipped? Was it just a brain fart?

Tipped or a brainfart seem most plausible

That said, if the play was legal, he would have better stats than Fuller.

Honestly once you catch it, **** it just score even if its a penalty.

How many times as a lineman are you gonna be able to say "Yeah I had a TD reception called back on me"

Postgame the nfl network crew had him on and he said he didn't want it to get picked and then instincts took over. He played a little TE in high school.

I think we should come up with some redzone plays where he is tackle eligible. Our redzone offense is bad, he can catch and move.

Gaskins was not catching that ball. Hunt said he was making sure it didn't get intercepted. I wouldn't think too hard into it.
That ball was perfectly thrown over Campbells reach and if Hunt was blocking and out of the way, would have dropped right into Gaskins arms on the run.

Attachments

• 0 DF.JPG
    0 DF.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
Nah, Aikman started laughing right away because he knew it was coming back. The other guy, well now, I don't pay much attention to him, anyway.

It was when they were treating the goal line replay like it meant something I started buying in to the possibility.... incorrectly.

That ball was perfectly thrown over Campbells reach and if Hunt was blocking and out of the way, would have dropped right into Gaskins arms on the run.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. There's a lot of if's there. The ball was underthrown because Tua had absolutely no time. Hunt was there, and had no where to go. Gasksins was stumbling when the ball was in the air.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. There's a lot of if's there. The ball was underthrown because Tua had absolutely no time. Hunt was there, and had no where to go. Gasksins was stumbling when the ball was in the air.
Ya man, always cool to agree to disagree.....but he was stumbling because Hunt was in the way instead of blocking. Watch the video in the link I posted.

Lol, I just read the greatest phrase I've heard in a while. Some dude called it a Thick Six, glorious.
Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

It's a fair question. I don't know if Gaskin could have caught that pass, but it was clearly right in Hunt's hands.

Hunt sure has some athletic ability for a man his size, but glad he didn't get hurt.

I guess it's a teachable moment.

I disagree brother, if Hunt was not in his way and blocking, it was a perfect pass to Gaskins who had running momentum before he hit Hunt who was in his way. That was a TD!
Still looks to me like Gaskin is not catching that cleanly and turning it up.

But it's all good man, I respect your pov.

They need to be leveraging more slip screens anyways to take advantage of these aggressive fronts we have faced.

Our O-line are a bunch of dumb dumbs. That why they get penalties on pretty much every goal to go situation and our RZ efficiency has to be last in the league.

Now in Hunt’s defense, that play didn’t look like it was going to work and it would have been 4th down. By catching it AND scoring he bought is another try!!! But yeah, he didn’t know that.

Back
Top Bottom