The Hunt Play | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Hunt Play

On the flip side, if he doesn’t catch it and take it to the house, it’s 4th down. If he catches it, and doesn’t take it to the house, they decline the penalty and it’s 4th down.
I can only wish Hunt is some kind of Einstein and caught it knowing what was going on. Somehow I doubt it though. Lol priceless.

I think it’s hilarious that the Dolphins made him available in the post game press conference. Like they otherwise wouldn’t have made some random o-lineman available, but I guess it kind of shows that the team can take a laugh once in awhile

It’s a copycat league. Expect more of these illegal - but hilarious- type plays this year !!!!

It’s a copycat league. Expect more of these illegal - but hilarious- type plays this year !!!!
I would love love love for him to report as eligible next week and take one to the house.

Episode 1 Tegridy Farms GIF by South Park

Now that we can laugh it off.....this is kind of an issue that has been suspected on here for a long time. Our OL does not appear overly bright. How can you not know that you can't catch the ball right there as a unreported OL? Then dude could have been seriously hurt the way he landed on his head and neck the way he went after the end zone on a play that was going to be called back. I ain't gonna lie, I was laughing my *** off.....but this does raise some serious questions about coaching/player IQ (as it relates to football), and if that limits what can be taught/learned.

Maybe I am overthinking it, but that play could have seriously bit us in the ***.....luckily it didn't.
You're not overthinking it. As a former lineman myself, we had an amazing coach, and despite being undersized won several State championships. Our coach always said the offensive lineman need to be the smartest players on the field.

A running back just needs to hit the hole,
A wide receiver needs to run his route.
An offensive lineman needs to identify the front, communicate with his fellow lineman who has who through codes, then be prepared to change the assignment midplay based on the defenses post snap action and hope that your fellow lineman is seeing the same thing. It's a very heady thing playing oline.

I'm not saying our lineman aren't bright, I just think they have bad coaching. I think with the right coach we have the talent to have a great line.

Play never should have happened, we should have punched it from the 1 way before that.

Still fun to watch. Hate them birds.
I know, right? The o-line strikes again; it wouldn't surprise me if Miami has the worst TD percentage after a 1st and goal from the 1.

Now that we can laugh it off.....this is kind of an issue that has been suspected on here for a long time. Our OL does not appear overly bright. How can you not know that you can't catch the ball right there as a unreported OL?keep it Then dude could have been seriously hurt the way he landed on his head and neck the way he went after the end zone on a play that was going to be called back. I ain't gonna lie, I was laughing my *** off.....but this does raise some serious questions about coaching/player IQ (as it relates to football), and if that limits what can be taught/learned.

Maybe I am overthinking it, but that play could have seriously bit us in the ***.....luckily it didn't.
He said in the post game interview that all he was trying to do was keep it from being intercepted. After he caught it his just wanted to score.

It was a boneheaded play...but IT WAS ****ING AWESOME! Sorry. I loved it. Had it cost the game, I'd probably feel 180 degrees different.

If that ball had been tipped, and he made no effort to do anything, we'd be ripping him for not doing exactly what he did, calling him lazy and dumb, etc.

These guys are coached to never stop, be didn't. Had it been tipped, this would have been the play of the week.

As it is, it's one of the funniest plays I've seen lol

For posters wondering why he caught the ball, have someone throw a ball at you and see what you do. I get it ,he's an olineman and must report to be eligible, AND be the 6 OL on the field for that play. It appeared like a natural reaction and then when he realized what happened, he just went to make a play. As he said after the game he grew up playing WR and TE.

Now that we can laugh it off.....this is kind of an issue that has been suspected on here for a long time. Our OL does not appear overly bright. How can you not know that you can't catch the ball right there as a unreported OL? Then dude could have been seriously hurt the way he landed on his head and neck the way he went after the end zone on a play that was going to be called back. I ain't gonna lie, I was laughing my *** off.....but this does raise some serious questions about coaching/player IQ (as it relates to football), and if that limits what can be taught/learned.

If this has already been brought up....sorry!

Could this have been a smart move by Hunt? Its hard to think that he actually thought about this....BUT....
if he let that ball hit the ground it would have been 4th down and FG time...The catch gave us another shot at the end zone.

I know we still ended with a FG....but the play gave us another shot.....

It was a fun play like you said, but it does make you wonder

I mean Gaskin was right there too, Hunt just stole the ball away, like dude, why aren’t you just looking to block someone for the screen??
That's the issue. Why is he even turning back to look at the QB? That's horrible fundamentals right there. He should be focused on the guys he was supposed to block. That's why you never seen that before. Because no OL was ever turning his head in that direction. We have seen a 100 screens go bad and the ball bounces all the OL's back or helmet. Our OL coach needs to be sent to the moon Ralph Kramden style.

It was a fun play like you said, but it does make you wonder

I mean Gaskin was right there too, Hunt just stole the ball away, like dude, why aren’t you just looking to block someone for the screen??
I don't think Gaskin was ever a chance to get the ball. Hunt didnt steal it at all. It was a kind of heads up play cause I think there was a Ravens defender close enough to possibly catch it. Anyways, highlight play forever.

Back
Top Bottom