The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year...

They will have a bit harder schedule not to mention they were kinda handed a playoff spot...

They got a great matchup for the 1st round...

I congratulate them for getting in..But I wont be a believer until they win another game..

They were swept by a 7 and 9 team

They lost to a 6 and 10 team..

not usally a resume for a playoff team and super bowl contender

The sched is about the same w/ the exception of 2 games.

This is a team w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB, there were going to be some bad losses and some good wins. we mnay not win another game but this season was a smashing success and if we get lucky and keep this role we could have a special season.

And lastly,

Chad Henne

274/451 2,878 yards 12 TDs 14 INTs 60.8 %

Mark Sanchez

196/364 2,444 yards 12 TDs 20 INTs 53.8 %

I think I'm done arguing. Stats, while they may not tell the whole story it's kind of hard to argue with any of those.

Actually those stats can easily be used to argue in favor of Sanchez. I see one guy with 6.7 YPPA while completing less than 54%, compared to a 61% passer who checks in an 6.4 YPPA. That's scary. If Sanchez ups his completion percentage, which is natural beyond rookie season, his YPPA will soar to excellent range.

My concern: Sanchez has normal passing mechanics. Henne does not.

You win by getting the ball downfield and stopping the opponent from doing the same. While offense can be debated between the two teams, the Jets allow 5.4 YPPA compared to Miami's 8.2. Naturally that will narrow next season but right now, as I said in a different thread, it's like a different species.

The Jets don't figure to go much further with a rookie QB but no denying they have impressive foundational components. Next season they need to turn 3-5 rushes into passes. I love the running game but 37.6 attempts per game is too much imbalance.

It always busts me up to read such frenzy regarding pro rivalries, which are so meaningless compared to college. Besides, I've always found the Jets to be a pleasant team. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
And here they are still IN it....and missing their starting NT and Kick Return man.

tWXht-1.jpg

:lol2: :facepalm: :chuckle: :lol:

Ill admit they are r on a roll,but I really do believe its some begging luck... I know we will split the season with them,maybe a sweep but I know they wont sweep us.I bet they split with Bufflo again....They still suck we will prove it!!!!!

Can you call the Jets rebuilding when they're one game away from the SB? I mean, that's the goal of every team, to get to the big game. I don't understand how they are rebuilding.

This year is officially as bad as our 1-15 year. We beat them TWICE and they are going to the AFC championship game? the best thing this season was we beat them twice and we have not done that FOREVER. Jesus i hope we have an amazing season next year.

Back
Top Bottom