The Josh Rosen Saga: Will It Happen All Over Again With The Miami Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LikeUntoGod, Jun 19, 2019.

1. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

W Allen he is more off cam newton type of qb. I think he will be all right in nfl. Bill's need better wr. Too help him out

2. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Well, you keep saying we'll see. The problem is - we see - then you just continue to act as if you saw nothing and said nothing. You said we'll see when you kept bumping my thread to tell me what a superstar Ryan Tannehill was going to be. You said we'll see when you kept pumping up Drew Lock. I don't know why you keep running around quoting me just to point out you disagree and acting like you know what you're talking about.

You're about as useful as a sundial during Polar night. You don't fool me.

3. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

I dont know what going happen w Rosen because it to unknown right now. It was good move getting him but we have to see how it wk out. The bottom line we need qb. So who want it.

4. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Agreed, his elongated release and decision making are butt fugly, time will tell.

All these QB "experts" gush over him just because he's young and mature, but I'm pretty sure throwing mechanics (which Josh Rosen is great at) as well as decision making (he a turnover machine) are kinda important at this level, but what do I know :shrug:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...am-darnold-not-tinkering-with-throwing-motion

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Darnold came on very strong at the end of the year, this on a dysfunctional team with lame duck coaches, and him being the youngest qb ever to start games..

The reason I had Darnold #1 is because of his vision and his playmaking ability..the combination working together, man, it’s special, Gase lucked out.

6. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Not really, out of their last 10 games they only won 1 of them, to the Bills after losing 41 - 10 to them 3 weeks earlier.

He also threw 15 picks in 16 games last year, and 13 picks in 14 games the year before, some of them are comical like these:

And the 1:10 mark here:

Scam Darnold is overrated.

7. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Ya I thought Darnold was up there too. Even after the season I think he has a chance to be good.

8. DANTODUPER

DANTODUPER Scout Team

I see Darnold ceiling in Bledsoe, incredible arm talent but very volatile performance.
    I see Allen ceiling in Cunningham, very very srong arm and fast legs, but not top accuracy.
    I see Rosen ceiling in Brees, accurate and intelligent.

I am a Dolphin fan, so I may be a little optimistic here!

9. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

I think the real dilemma becomes what happens if the team is close to another 8-8 record. What do you do then? Of Course this is assuming Rosen is a good reason for that record.

10. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

The bolded part is the reason why I dont particularly like Rosen. I dont know the kid from Adam, but his demeanor/mentality seems off which makes sense because the results havent followed his talent since high school.

11. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The Fitzpatrickiest team in the NFL Finheaven VIP

If you are in a spot to take Tua, you take Tua and count your blessing that you have a talented back-up for Tua.

As for ROsen...to repeat myself a thousand times...IF Rosen is the guy, you will not be in a place to draft Tua...it is that simple. I thought he was the 3rd best QB last year and I think he would have been the best QB in this years draft. I still think Allen is more athlete then QB and I just don't see him making the jump Wentz did. Inaccurate QB's typically stay that way. Hopefully the team does not fall into the Tannehill trap...this constant..."give him one more year" just delays in inevitable.

If you ask me right now...I doubt the Dolphins starting QB for 2020 is on the roster.

Namor and Locke like this.
  12. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Courtesy of CK’s work on some numbers and what I watched.

“Darnold had a far better passer rating (94) from a clean pocket. From that standpoint, Sam was closer to what Baker Mayfield (100) accomplished that way than he was to Rosen (81), Josh Allen (80), or Lamar Jackson (86).

“That's more important to look at with Darnold and Rosen than it would be for a Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen because you always figured the latter two win more when they're escaping the pocket than when they're clean inside the pocket.”

The question with Darnold is whether you saw a learning curve or not. He had a 73 passer rating in his first four games and a 99 passer rating in his last four games. He was sacked about the same but in his first month he scrambled 3 times for 9 yards, whereas the final month he scrambled 6 times for 61 yards.

Darnold's ***ulative PFF grade in the first month was -12.8 and his ***ulative PFF grade in the final month was +10.2...which is an even larger swing than Josh Allen, albeit on a lower number of games (first four/last four as opposed to first six/last six).

“In fact, over the final four games of the season, Sam Darnold had the #2 passer rating in the NFL from a clean pocket”

End quote.

Saying the youngest starting an ever threw 15 picks in 16 games doesn’t have negative connotation imo..It’s quite expected relatively speaking.

I guess the term of the moment is “we’ll see” and see what level he gets to this year..but calling him a scam seems very excessive..Kid I believe proves worthy.

13. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

He's talented no doubt, but he regressed his final season at USC from what I've heard, and he played like dog s*** against the Dolphins which were the only 2 games I watched of his last year.

He may end up being good, but imo turnover prone QB's who don't have great throwing mechanics typically don't turn out to be franchise QB's no matter how young and talented they are, time will tell.

I think Baker, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen are better than Scam Darnold now and will be in the long run as well. Baker because of last year, Allen because of the immense talent and Rosen because of the beautiful mechanics, Darnold just isn't for me.

14. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

What’s your problem? Ego maybe?

15. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

These guys were all rookies last year...to say that getting traded after a regime change puts them on different levels is ridiculous...Rosen has as good or better a chance of succeeding as Darnold or Allen.