The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged)

Re: One word: decoy

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Just the sight of #84 lining up should draw some attention away from other parts of the Miami offense. I would definitely not expect CC to run any crossing routes this week.

Don't kid yourself: Wannstedt is about as likely to create undue risk for Chambers as he is to :hitself: .
good point - we could also keep CC on the sidelines as the 4th WR to be used only as needed...which should be not used at all

So let me get this straight...you all think it's a good idea to dress Chambers, taking up a valuable roster spot, with no intention of playing him. Pure genius...only in Miami!

They woudn't put chambers out there if they weren't 100% that he is ok, I've seen them hold more critical players out of the game (example: Pat Surtain) so I dont think its how critical he is to this game I think they are sure he is ready.

Re: The Latest.......

Originally posted by Smacks
Hank Goldberg has stated on WQAM that in talking with Wanny today in his weekly interview, Chris Chamber will more than likely play. Chambers was running around today and looked fine. As for Gadsden, two doctors have given him the go ahead to play the rest of the season. As long as there are no setbacks, look for both to be out on the field Sunday.

Actually, the doctors said he needed the surgery ASAP. Oronde decided to go against their input and play out the year.

That's what being in the last year of your contract will do to you.

Bills Phan, you need to read a bit more carefully. I didn't say the Dolphins should put Chambers in uniform and line him up next to the Gatorade cooler. I said his presence on the field could be as significant as how many catches he may or not make.

Even when you use someone as a decoy, you're using them.

Of course, judging from your Ricky fixation, you already know whom you need to worry about most. And I doubt the Bills "duhfense" will be able to hold him long enough to draw pretty pictures on him.

any links yet?

anyone else hear it on the radio?

Gadsden isn't going to help his contract status by playing with this injury.......it will limit him and he will delay surgery until the "FA signing period"......he's better served getting the surgery now and then being healthy come FA period

Chambers: regardless of what team the Fins are playing, would be better served sitting since your bye week is next week. You are 2 games up on the Bills/Pats.......so a cushion exists. He then would have 3 weeks rest before playing another game

Could this be a sign of despiration? Hmmmmmm.........

I doubt it's desperation. As you say, we have a two-game lead. I seriously doubt we would play Chambers if he weren't ready to go. The thought of two straight weeks of rest would make it a no-brainer if he were less than 100%.

Gadsden is a much thornier issue. I think he desperately wants to finish out his career as a Dolphin. And I have a feeling he believes if he did take the rest of the season off, there's much less of a chance of that happening. I'm really torn. :shakeno:

clump you are OBVIOUSLY hoping these guys don't suit up. i would feel the same way if i were you..i would be much more comfortable sunday if Moulds and the peerless boy were out for sundays game..

the thing with the phins though is ??THEY ARE ON A MISSION.

they know this game is HUGE. every game is huge.

and every win is gigantic for the bills..... You lose this game and watching and getting excited for sunday football takes a BIG very big step backwards..

BUT a miracle win sunday in MIAMI on sunday , divisional win with the tie breaker advantage only a game back and you are looking to win the division this year.....

Can you say in the drivers seat at 4-3...... Patties are only 3-3 and you put us down to 5-2 only a half game up..

THIS IS your make or break sunday and every player on the dolphins knows this......

The phins will come out more excited then you realize.... these gusy won't be in this position ever again with free agency , injuries and age............. GAdsden knows it too and will play with an injury the rest of the year. not because of a contract concern but for the love of football and the position his team is in on top of the NFL at the moment.....

good luck sunday...

I grew up in rochester and all my close buddies are bills fans and i respect you all....... That has been an awesome team to love and follow......

the bills will get better and better the next few years but won't get by miami at home sunday......27-20 dolphins........

this is the latest I could find posted minutes ago.....

Dolphins | More On Chambers - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:54 PT: The Ap reports Miami Dolphins WR Chris Chambers (concussion) was limited in practice on Thursday. "Every day I'm feeling a lot better," Chambers said.

Dolphins | More On Gadsden - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:53 PT: The Ap reports Miami Dolphins WR Oronde Gadsden (wrist) did not practice Thursday. He will wait for the swelling to subside before deciding whether to play with a torn ligament in his left wrist or opt for season-ending surgery. Doctors told Gadsden he risks further injury if he plays. Gadsden said the surgery decision was his to make.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Could this be a sign of despiration? Hmmmmmm.........

Clump, the only sign of desperation I see is that Bills fans are hoping for no shows due to injuries on Miami's team.

the decision is HIS to make.......He is not sitting on the couch to watch football for the next 3 months .....NO WAY!!!!!!!!

this guy is one of the toughest wideouts i have ever witnesses in uniform..... He goes for balls most guys don't even consider and has played injured with foot problems for years. he has never played 100% healthy..

all the indications he is giving are that despite the risks "I am not sitting on the couch while my teamates are in the battle of their life to win it all. And they think the pieces are their after hanging in their in denver....... That game changed the opinion of most every player coach writer and fan about the will of the dolphins this year...........

chamber will play because of who his teamates are and the mission they are on and the examples they have set..... Zach playing injured over the years. you had to crag that warrior off the field. Taylor with his knee injury...... these guys are giving every thing they have physically and it may not be enough this year. they are very good not great ......... BUT

no one in the NFL right now is great........ Denver is very very good and we beat them and played only a decent game in some areas......we could have run better had less turnovers and played better special teams missing a field goal and giving them great opening field position........
NO way gadsden sit the year out and chambers will play if he can

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and RAY lucas is THEY most excited man in the NFL right now...HE can't wait to show the world he can play footballlllllllllll...............

Back
Top Bottom