The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Latest.......Chambers to play on Sunday (merged)

Originally posted by MiaMarino

Clump, the only sign of desperation I see is that Bills fans are hoping for no shows due to injuries on Miami's team.

Just to clarify, what I mean is that Bills fans are hoping that the more no-shows due to injuries that Miami has, the better thier chances will be. Without false brigado, Buffalo facing a full strength Miami squad is really mismatched.

While this is a big divisional game, I still would not risk the season of CC on one game. I think we can win without him, but not as easy with him.

If CC gets popped one more time, he could be done. Period. We've all seen it before for other players. I'm not willing to risk it. I think we can do it without him.

But I do like the idea of dressing him up, as our 4th. That way, if we did need him he's available. But I wouldn't any other way.

I really don't think Chambers has any business playing this weekend. He should sit out and so should OG. After this week we have a by-week and that would give them 2 full weeks and only miss one game. Win or lose we are in first place and have atleast CC back healthy for the rest of the season.

We will get to play the Bills again this year and this weeks game I really think Miami needs to play and try to win, but more importantly get through it without risking long term injury just to play a game that honestly doesn't mean much. Yeah it is a division game and they are all big, but I would rather rest him and give CC the extra week off.

Sorry bro, but I gotta disagree. This game is VERY important. If they win this game, they are only 1 game behind us. With teams like Green Bay, San Diego, Oakland, and New England still on the schedule, we need this win. They need it more than we do, but a win would put us A LOT closer to clinching the AFC East title......

Originally posted by BMarion31
Sorry bro, but I gotta disagree. This game is VERY important. If they win this game, they are only 1 game behind us. With teams like Green Bay, San Diego, Oakland, and New England still on the schedule, we need this win. They need it more than we do, but a win would put us A LOT closer to clinching the AFC East title......
This IS a very important game. I f we win this, then we will have a win against all of our division teams.

I feel we should sit both C.C and O.G. The way C.C was hit last week and the way he looked when he came off the field I wouldn't want him to risk it, I'd also want him to be playing at 100% especially from that type of injury. This game is important and I believe we can win this game w/o them. Here's why: This will be Rays first game and usually new QB's throw off the defense because they do things different from the starter and they'll run some plays that go with Ray's strength, and all the apposing teams film is with Jay. How many times have we seen a backup come in and do great than after a few games not so good, also Ray, McKnight and Ward have been practicing together all this while. Lets hope CC and OG play well the rest of the season.

Originally posted by booyeah_

This IS a very important game. I f we win this, then we will have a win against all of our division teams.
it is a biggie, can't say what i'd do. but risking a less than 100% chambers could be devestating!

If Chambers looks good in practice, I see no reason that he should not suit up. I would still keep him on the bench unless he is 100%, but if we lose Ward, Mck or Baker, I would put him out there and not have him run over the middle.

At some point in the season every team has significant injuries to significant players. The best teams are the ones that win even with 2's and 3's. Depth wins in this league. I think we have that depth - at least at reciever. It's time to test (remember, this is the Buffalo defense we're playing against). Sit Chambers. Keep him healthy and sharp for the long haul. While I like our receivers, they haven't exactly been featured so the drop-off isn't as bad as it could be. Ward and McKnight aren't as good but neither are they that terrible. We will still have speed and possesion in the game. As well, with Lucas in there instead of Fielder, there won't be that concern with the break in QB/WR timing. Chambers -or any reciever for that matter- won't be the reason we win this game, Ricky and the TE's will. That is assuming Ricky can find his way around/through the 23 Buffalo defenders stacking the los. Time of possesion rules the day, MD 34 BB 17.

i would say that if he is available then dress him, but like was said by icestorm have him listed as fourth and just bring him in to run deep routes that dont cross the feild so the oppurtunity for collision is low but the bills still have to respect his speed. he can be a decoy that will still have to be respected especially since Lucas has a better deep ball and stronger arm than fiedler normally does.

Since he say he's fine and there are no setbacks from here to Sunday, I would suit him up but not start him. He would come in on some plays but mostly as a decoy, and I would not call a play that has him coming across the middle this week. But with Lucas's cannon arm, I would send him on some streaks and post corners and let Lucas air it out to him a couple of times:evil: .

I posted elsewhere that in hockey a player who has had a concussion must be symptom free for a full week before he is allowed to play again. I assume there is a reason for that precaution. If he plays, so be it. Buffalo will deal with it.

i really don't think we will need Chambers this week so he should just sit.. Ricky should have over 200 total yards and a few Td's.. this game is not goin to be a problem..

Back
Top Bottom