The Lions receiving core or Ours? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions receiving core or Ours?

nyjunc said:
I'll take Coles, McCareins, Cotchery, Chrebet & Jolley/Baker w/ Chad Pennington throwing the ball over anything you got. POTENTIALLY you have a better group of receivers but I wouldn't bet on Boston or Booker and you guys vastly overrate Chambers. he's good but he's been in the league 5 years and has no 1,000 yd seasons.

Haha, I love how yo guys traded a first rounder for a guy who might not even start. Good stuff from the J-E-T-wait, what comes next?

shouright said:
The Lions have POTENTIALLY more talent than us at WR, whereas we have more ESTABLISHED talent at WR. Booker is a 2-time pro-bowler, Boston led the league in receiving yards one year, and Chambers has had three or four very solid years for us. Sure Roy Williams looked great last year, but that's about all the Lions have going for them right now in terms of established talent in the NFL.

And if Ricky returns to form, we have potentially the most scary passing attack in the NFL. Think about Ricky and Ronnie in the same backfield, with McMike, Boston or Booker, and Chambers out there. How do you defend all those pass-catching threats?
easy... your o-line is still in doubt (in my mind anyway, a lot of you guys are sold on them already, with no proof... course, i do think they'll be better than last year.... not that it takes much)... and if you get to the QB... no throws can be made. the chiefs/phins game will be a great game this year. my buddy is a phins fan, and if it was at arrowhead, we'd have tickets already.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
RONNIE BROWN IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING HE DID IN COLLEGE HE IS GOING TO TEAR UP THE NFL DAWG. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

I hope he doesn't do the same thing he did in college... he was a BACKUP in college and he's going to get a$$ handed to him if he tries to run over every LB at the NFL level.

Let's hope that Ronnie can improve his vision and be a very productive player on the NFL level.

rickeyrunsover said:
Alright I was with until you said CC was a possession receiver. Dont mix up how he was used with what he is. CC is a big play receiver with speed. Our o-line could not give protection for us to go deep.

And you say Losman is unproven but he has Moulds, Evans and Parrish as if they will make up for his inexperience and uncertainty. Using that same argument, why wouldnt a potential big threat wr in CC, 2 former probowlers and a top 5 TE not do teh same for AJ? It is the exact same argument. Your bias has nothing to do with the outcome.

I never said Chambers was the possession receiver. I said that the group of Chambers, Booker, and Boston are mainly possession receivers. That implies that 2 out of the three ARE possession receivers and one IS NOT. Since you guessed wrong I will clarify. Boston and Booker are the possession receivers.

As for the potential big threat in CC, the FORMERpro-bowler Marty Booker, top 5 TE, and Boston this was your lineup last year, remember? If you guys are counting on "don't tackle me cuz I am wearing my nipple rings" Boston to revitalize your offense I wouldn't hold your breath.....

:lol:

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?

I think you should have mentioned Thompson and Welker instead of Mcmike and R.B. I know Thompson was kind of dissapointing, but he really started coming around at the end of last season (winning T.D catch against New England). As for Welker, he just seems to have a great feel for the game, Imo he will be somthing like Stokley.

byroan said:
Last season he was a rookie so how has he had more than 1 good season?

I heard the same thing about Yatil Green.

what i meant was that he had a great season not just a good season. You have a point with Yatil Green

Some Bills cat is honestly trying to label Boston a "posession receiver"?!?

That suggests he doesn't excel in the yards after the catch area.

Or that he doesn't run in the 4.4's.

Or that he's a posession receiver.

He's a possession receiver like Fred Russell is an up-the-middle running back.

Phinfanatic84 said:
I hope he doesn't do the same thing he did in college... he was a BACKUP in college and he's going to get a$$ handed to him if he tries to run over every LB at the NFL level.

Let's hope that Ronnie can improve his vision and be a very productive player on the NFL level.

He was NOT a backup. Care to explain what's wrong with Ronnie's vision?

Charles Rogers can't stay healthy and has not done anything in the league yet to have him mentioned as a great one...Mike Williams has not played a down in the nfl nor played in two years...Pollard is running out of gas...that leaves Kevin Jones who had a good rookie season and looks promising and Roy Williams who too had a good rookie season even missing some games...what does that leave, most teams in the NFL have two good promising skill players...therefore Miami w/ Chambers,McMike, and Booker have them hands down.

byroan said:
Last years stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/WR-RECEIVING/2004/regular

3. Eric Moulds
12. Chris Chambers
16. David Givens
17. Justin McCareins
21. Marty Booker
24. Lee Evans

Why is it that Miami's top 2 receivers come before everyone elses top 2 receivers in the division?

I dont know if anyone mentioned this already and I come as a friendly bills fan, but some of that goes behind the zero production you got out of the running game. You guys had to pass almost every down to stay competitive, while Willis got a ton of touches. Thats why I think your top two recievers are higher than any other because you guys had NO running game. (P.S I am not here to say that the bills was better either)

South Florida said:
Some Bills cat is honestly trying to label Boston a "posession receiver"?!?

That suggests he doesn't excel in the yards after the catch area.

Or that he doesn't run in the 4.4's.

Or that he's a posession receiver.

He's a possession receiver like Fred Russell is an up-the-middle running back.

When is that last time your cat Boston did anything in this leage 2-3 years ago and now lets see if he is off the juice and see what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom