The Lions receiving core or Ours? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions receiving core or Ours?

Our receiver core/corps didn't cost us any first round picks. Where as the Lions have spend the their last 3 first rounders on WR's. I'd say talent vs. cost we have a big edge. Both draft pick cost & money cost. I am talking WR's only.

Yeah, right now ours. Rogers is always hurt, Boston is always banged up, but at least Boston has dominated in the NFL, Rogers hasn't.

byroan said:
Mike Williams is unproven.
Roy Williams had a good season last year.
Charles Rogers is in jeopardy of being called a bust.

I don't see how you can say it's a nobrainer.

Chris Chambers: underacheiver thus far
marty Booker:nice 2nd reciever
David Boston:not a team player(but he is so unbeliveably talented he just needs to be consistent)

Roy Williams: He had more than a good season I
Mike Williams:Hes a rookie but id take him over Booker any day
Charles rodgers: He is in jeopardy of being called a bust. If he stays healthy though he will be great.

If joey Harrington cant get it done this year then hes a scrub and dosent deserve to be in this league. He now has a running game and 3 recievers very good and talented recievers.

Mufasito1124 said:
Roy Williams: He had more than a good season I

Last season he was a rookie so how has he had more than 1 good season?

Mufasito1124 said:
Charles rodgers: If he stays healthy though he will be great.

I heard the same thing about Yatil Green.

Well right now I would take the Dolphins WR's over the Lions simply because the Lions have 1 unproven rookie, a guy who has not even played a total of one season yet, and another who cant stay healthy. Add to that the fact that your TE is among the best in the NFL.

But you people saying Ronnie Brown over Kevin Jones? WTF has Ronnie Brown done better than KJ has? NOTHING. What do you base this on? You people need to get real.

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?
i know this is probably late and been said (though maybe not since this IS finheaven) but the colts have a dang good receiving corps, and so do the cardinals.

last year boston did next to nothing, though so did charles rogers... if only rogers could stay healthy.

byroan said:
Last season he was a rookie so how has he had more than 1 good season?

I heard the same thing about Yatil Green.
he said that rogers was about to be a bust. you read much?

Dolphins Hands Down :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

gr8slayer said:
Well right now I would take the Dolphins WR's over the Lions simply because the Lions have 1 unproven rookie, a guy who has not even played a total of one season yet, and another who cant stay healthy. Add to that the fact that your TE is among the best in the NFL.

But you people saying Ronnie Brown over Kevin Jones? WTF has Ronnie Brown done better than KJ has? NOTHING. What do you base this on? You people need to get real.
RONNIE BROWN IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING HE DID IN COLLEGE HE IS GOING TO TEAR UP THE NFL DAWG. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
RONNIE BROWN IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING HE DID IN COLLEGE HE IS GOING TO TEAR UP THE NFL DAWG. :fire::fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
See that is what Im talking about. You are an unrealistic person. How do you know this to be true? What has he proven?

I would understand if you said "I hope Ronnie Brown tears up the league." But you people are coming out and flat saying that he is going to do this and do that. Do you freaking have a crystal ball?

Mufasito1124 said:
Chris Chambers: underacheiver thus far
marty Booker:nice 2nd reciever
David Boston:not a team player(but he is so unbeliveably talented he just needs to be consistent)

As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on Chambers, if he doesn't do that great next season then I'll join you in saying that he's an underachiever, but I really do believe that he'll breakout with a an actual scheme and at least a qb that could reach chambers 40-50yds down the field unlike the weak-armed fiedler. He had a pretty nice rookie season, and 2003 was good too, last year was just that kind of that year though, none of the Dolphin players played their best. As far as Boston, He has run into problems, obviously, but He must want to imrove his attitude or do something right if he refuses alot of money from Tennessee, and goes back to Miami for minnimum salary.

General Grimmac said:
he said that rogers was about to be a bust. you read much?

No, I said that. He was reiterating what I said. It's obvious that you don't read. Try reading the whole thread before you come on here and act like you know it all. :rolleyes:

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?

When healthy both can be very deadly, and both teams have shaky QB's from Oregon. Woah..

Let's see....getting to the core of the receiving corps, my order of ranking would be: Colts, Lions, Dolphins.

Colts: they prove it year over year.
Lions: they have the talent to surpass the Colts in this department, but Rogers injury problems and lack of a solid TE pull them down.
Dolphins: Didn't accomplish anything last season with roughly the same personnel. Need to see how Boston has recovered from injury and if he doesn't get injured again; Brown is a total unkown at this point; McMichael is one of the most talented TEs around, but he is also extremely inconsistent; Thompson had one memorable catch last season; and Chambers has yet to regain his form across the middle since the vicious hit he took in Denver a few years ago.

Can they breakout - absolutely - but it takes more than talent alone. Let's hope they can put it all together and become number 1 in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom