The Lions receiving core or Ours? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions receiving core or Ours?

The Raiders have a pretty decent receiving corps and a QB who's not afraid to throw long...

Moss 49 rec, 767 yards, 13 TDs in 13 games (an off year for him)
Porter 64 rec, 998 yards, 9 TDs
Curry 50 rec, 679 yards, 6 TDs in 13 games

of course, their TE situation is in flux along with their RBs...so perhaps the group as a whole doesn't match up.

Go Dolphins!

baalworship said:
Miami Dolphins top 2 WR's 2004: 1536 yards, 119 Recs, 8 TD's

New England top 2 WR's 2004: 1674 yards, 100 Recs, 10 TD's

New York top 2 WR's 2004: 1608 yards, 101 Recs, 9 TD's

Buffalo top 2 WR's 2004: 1886 yards, 136 Recs, 14 TD's

Dolphins receivers didn't play all 16 games. :rolleyes:

baalworship said:
Miami: Feeley or Frerotte will keep this attack from scaring anyone. Chambers, Booker, and Boston are mainly possession receivers, and Randy McMichael is a very good pass catcher. Offensive line was horrendous at protecting the QB last year and little talent has been brought in.
The talent was Hudson Houck, who's a top-3 OL coach in the league. And go check how much talent New England has on its line. You know, the team with the dynasty going?

This isn't about o-line, but while we're at it, we took the Lions' best Tackle in free agency.

baalworship said:
So if we are to compare division RB's can Buffalo include Losman because he's a mobile QB and the rest of the division is not?

Compare WR's. Once you start adding in the threats of TE's, RB's, FB's ad nauseaum you might as well throw in the pass protection ability of the offensive line and QB's as well and label this "best passing attacks".

If we are to play that game then the best passing attacks in the division would be:

New England: Brady, 5-6 WR's that can gain quickly gain separation, many talented TE's, and one of the best pass protection lines in the NFL.

New York: Pennington with Coles & Mcarreins, great O-line.

Buffalo: Losman is a big mystery at this point but at least he has Moulds, Evans, and Parrish. Bills line should be very solid scheme wise in pass protection with Jim Mcnally running the show.

Miami: Feeley or Frerotte will keep this attack from scaring anyone. Chambers, Booker, and Boston are mainly possession receivers, and Randy McMichael is a very good pass catcher. Offensive line was horrendous at protecting the QB last year and little talent has been brought in.

I guess you dont know who Hudson Houck is do you? A coach does teach players to become BETTER then what they are. Our OL situation is fine as of right now.

Chambers....Booker.....Boston is way better then.....Moulds.......Evans......Little one(Parrish).

Indy has a great WR core, the numbers are inflated IMO, but ya can't argue the numbers. It's hard to judge Miami/Detroit/Zona's WR core because of the bad QB play that the teams have had the last few years. The thing about the Dolphins wideouts is that ya really can't say anyone of them are number 1 wideouts. Chambers has the potential but has not been, Boston has not been healthy, and I think Booker is a very good wideout but not a number 1. I really like Cincinatti's, I don't know if they decided what to do with Warrick, but if they keep him they've got Chad Johnson who is a great WR, Warrick, Houshmanzadeh, and Chris Henry who I think will end up as the steal of the draft. I'm basing that simply on wideouts not bringing in TE/Rb's.

South Florida said:
Who's got the better receiving core?

Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Kevin Jones & Marcus Pollard

or

Chris Chambers, David Boston, Marty Booker, Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael

Or, if you think there's a better group that I didn't mention, which is it?

Man if I'm keping it real.....The Lions has the best recieving corps in the league. As a die hard dolphins fan i will say we do. But thats how I am. IMO we had the best team in the league last year......But I know for a fact that it was actually Philly. Anyone else suffer the same disease as me?

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Man if I'm keping it real.....The Lions has the best recieving corps in the league. As a die hard dolphins fan i will say we do. But thats how I am. IMO we had the best team in the league last year......But I know for a fact that it was actually Philly. Anyone else suffer the same disease as me?
Yeah man. It's called homerism, it can be a very overwhelming disease found mostly in die hard NFL fans. I have a case of it myself, but I try to save it for game day. There is no cure for the simple fact that no one has tried finding a cure.. :D

I will take ours any day. There are a lot of Chambers is the man fans, but I don't think he is playing up to his potential. Who I think is the stud of our receiving corps, and will do what ever it takes, is Booker! I think Booker will have an outstanding year in 2005. If Chambers doesn't bring his A game and consistantcy, then Booker will pass him on bye!:beerbang:

Raiders recievers

I'm suprised no one has suggested the Raiders recieving core.

Randy Moss is the best reciever in the league, in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure no one will try and argue that he is worse than fourth (Holt, Owens, Harrison). Last season, when he was playing hurt, was probably his worst season as a pro, and he still caught 13 touchdowns in eleven games.

We'll see if Ronald Curry gets healthy in time for the regular season (or ever healthy) but last year when he played he was unbeliably explosive. Curry started last season as the teams number three reciever and ended up with 50 catches for 679 yards and 6 touchdowns in only eleven games. A healthy Curry is probably the Raiders number two reciever.

But Jerry Porter might have something to say about that. Last year Porter had 998 recieving yards and 9 touchdowns, averaging 15.6 yards per catch. To think he might only be their third best reciever. :eek:

Personally I think I'd still take the Colts guys, but I feel like the Raiders need to be included in the disccussion. Also anyone who would take our recievers over the Lions (or thinks we have the worst recievers in the divison) is either a homer.

Edit: My bad Tokyo

If the Lions, Miami and Arizona have the best receiving cores in the NFL then it really illustrates the diminishing value of receivers.

I think I would take our recievers over their recievers. We have guys with experience and talent. Their core has talent no doubt about it but Charlie Rodgers has played all of 8 regular season snaps, Roy Williams is only in his second year, and Mike Williams is a rookie.

I say miami noww but in 2 3 years detroit will rockk my friend the best trio in league iff thas an if Rogers stays healthy. Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, MArcus Pollard, Kevin Jones, u cannot get better than that a young offense and if Joey will play as predicted he can have a huge year I'd Say 31td's if Plummer can get 27 Harrings will get more if played well.

Nublar7 said:
If you just compare the Wide Recievers, I would give the edge to the Lions. As for Tight Ends, McMichael is hands down the better option. Ronnie Brown is a MUCH better reciever then Jones and has shown that consistantley at Auburn.

As for another team, I think Indianapolis could have the best WR corps in the league:

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Dallas Clack & Edgerrin James

I don't agree. You are basing your judgement on their draft hype. They haven't accomplished anything yet, just shown potential. Booker and Boston have both been pro bowl performers. I'll take McMichael over Pollard any day as well.

Back
Top Bottom