The Lions receiving core or Ours? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions receiving core or Ours?

The lions have much more potential, and look for charlie Rogers to break out this season... there's a reason he was drafted with the #2 pick.

I must say that this is a good comparison. I'm going to try to be as impartial as I can while giving my comparison.

Most Recent Seasons:

Chris Chambers

Receptions: 69
Recieving Yards: 898
Recieving Average: 13.0
Touchdowns: 7
20+: 8
40+: 3
First downs: 46

Marty Booker

Receptions:
Receiving Yards: 638 yards
Receiving Average: 12.8
Touchdowns: 1
40+: 1
First downs: 30

David Boston (Since he hasn't played a single game for us, I'll go with his most recent season)
Receptions: 70
Receiving Yards: 880
Receiving Average:12.6
20+: 13
40+: 2
First downs: 42

Roy Williams

Receptions
: 54
Receiving Yards: 817
Touchdowns: 8
Receiving Average: 15.1
20+: 15
First Downs: 34

Experience: There's no question here that experience goes to Miami with a distinct advantage.

Chris Chambers
(26 years old, 5 years pro experience),
Marty Booker (28 years old, 7 years pro experience),
David Boston (26 years old; 7 years pro experience)

OPPOSED TO:

Charles Rogers (24 years old; 3 years pro experience),
Roy Williams (23 years old, 2 year pro experience),
Mike Williams (21 years old; 0 years pro experience

When it comes to potential it's hard to tell, while the obvious choice for potential seems like Detroit because Rogers hasn't played enough and Mike Williams hasn't played a game yet... you would think that they would be the team with the potential. But if you look at David Boston never playing a game for us, and Marty Booker never having had a FULL training camp and offseason with us (2 former Pro Bowl WR's), there's no telling how much these guys can produce therefore unlimited potential.

If you add Randy McMichael to the mix, there is no doubt in my mind that Miami has the better (and more) recieving threats. But when it comes to better WR's... On paper (which is all we can go by right now), I would gave to give the nod to Detroit.

We also have some advantage believe it or not. While Boston and Rogers are both injury prone, Boston has at least gotten a chance to show what he has to offer and has proven that he is a Pro Bowl WR.

Even though it's irrelevant, Boston's stats his first two years were 111 catches for 1629 yards and 9 TD's (with only starting 24 out of 32 games) as opposed to Rogers 22 Receptions for 243 yards and 3 TD's.

We know for Miami on the Depth Chart it looks like:

WR1- Chris Chambers
WR2- Marty Booker
WR3- David Boston

For Detroit Charles Rogers was #1 for awhile but it's kind of hard to tell... I personally think it's going to be...

WR1- Roy Williams
WR2- Mike Williams
WR3- Charles Rogers

OR...

WR1- Charles Rodgers
WR2- Roy Williams
WR3- Mike Williams

Quick Comparison.

When both HEALTHY I like David Boston over Charles Rogers
Roy Williams over Chris Chambers :(
and this is a tough one but unless he shows himself to be a bust Mike Williams over Marty Booker. That's a big question mark... so instead of calling this a Detroit by defeat, I'm going to call it a tie until proven otherwise.

I'm out. :goof:

The Lions have POTENTIALLY more talent than us at WR, whereas we have more ESTABLISHED talent at WR. Booker is a 2-time pro-bowler, Boston led the league in receiving yards one year, and Chambers has had three or four very solid years for us. Sure Roy Williams looked great last year, but that's about all the Lions have going for them right now in terms of established talent in the NFL.

And if Ricky returns to form, we have potentially the most scary passing attack in the NFL. Think about Ricky and Ronnie in the same backfield, with McMike, Boston or Booker, and Chambers out there. How do you defend all those pass-catching threats?

I'd take their WRs... but with Randy and Ronnie, I'd take our guys.

Miami the best WR corps in the NFL?! Your WR's aren't even better than

New England
Buffalo
Jersey

who are in your division.

:roflmao:

painnotpleasure said:
I must say that this is a good comparison. I'm going to try to be as impartial as I can while giving my comparison.

Most Recent Seasons:

Chris Chambers

Receptions: 69
Recieving Yards: 898
Recieving Average: 13.0
40+: 3
First downs: 46

Marty Booker

Receptions:
Receiving Yards: 638 yards
Receiving Average: 12.8
Touchdowns: 1
40+: 1
First downs: 30

David Boston (Since he hasn't played a single game for us, I'll go with his most recent season)
Receptions: 70
Receiving Yards: 880
Receiving Average:12.6
20+: 13
First downs: 42

Roy Williams

Receptions
: 54
Receiving Yards: 817
Touchdowns: 8
Receiving Average: 15.1
20+: 15
First Downs: 34

Experience: There's no question here that experience goes to Miami with a distinct advantage.

Chris Chambers
(26 years old, 5 years pro experience),
Marty Booker (28 years old, 7 years pro experience),
David Boston (26 years old; 7 years pro experience)

OPPOSED TO:

Charles Rogers (24 years old; 3 years pro experience),
Roy Williams (23 years old, 2 year pro experience),
Mike Williams (21 years old; 0 years pro experience

When it comes to potential it's hard to tell, while the obvious choice for potential seems like Detroit because Rogers hasn't played enough and Mike Williams hasn't played a game yet... you would think that they would be the team with the potential. But if you look at David Boston never playing a game for us, and Marty Booker never having had a FULL training camp and offseason with us (2 former Pro Bowl WR's), there's no telling how much these guys can produce therefore unlimited potential.

If you add Randy McMichael to the mix, there is no doubt in my mind that Miami has the better (and more) recieving threats. But when it comes to better WR's... On paper (which is all we can go by right now), I would gave to give the nod to Detroit.

We also have some advantage believe it or not. While Boston and Rogers are both injury prone, Boston has at least gotten a chance to show what he has to offer and has proven that he is a Pro Bowl WR.

Even though it's irrelevant, Boston's stats his first two years were 111 catches for 1629 yards and 9 TD's (with only starting 24 out of 32 games) as opposed to Rogers 22 Receptions for 243 yards and 3 TD's.

We know for Miami on the Depth Chart it looks like:

WR1- Chris Chambers
WR2- Marty Booker
WR3- David Boston

For Detroit Charles Rogers was #1 for awhile but it's kind of hard to tell... I personally think it's going to be...

WR1- Roy Williams
WR2- Mike Williams
WR3- Charles Rogers

OR...

WR1- Charles Rodgers
WR2- Roy Williams
WR3- Mike Williams

Quick Comparison.

When both HEALTHY I like David Boston over Charles Rogers
Roy Williams over Chris Chambers :(
and this is a tough one but unless he shows himself to be a bust Mike Williams over Marty Booker. That's a big question mark... so instead of calling this a Detroit by defeat, I'm going to call it a tie until proven otherwise.

I'm out. :goof:
great post man...

I think the Detroit Williams duo could be lethal... but it is all based on potential.

Moulds and Evans
Coles and Mcariens
Branch and Givens
Chambers and 2 former pro-bowlers behind him

Then include the Recieving ability of the TE and RB while we're at it.

Valbon8 said:
I like the Dolphins more than the Lions because they have that speed receiver that the Lions don't really have. Another team that would have nice receiving core would be the Browns, but Winslow had to get in a motorcycle accident. If I'd take any core of receivers though, it would have to be the Colts.

Both Roy Williams and Charles Rogers are faster then Chris Chambers (Boston before his injury was faster then Roy but Rogers can flat out fly).

The Lions WR's are better then ours and it's really not that close. We have more experience but I'd take young, inexperienced...game changing talent over a bunch of "good" WR's any day.

Roy Williams had a high ankle sprain for almost half the season and he still produced with Rogers attending to his glass collarbone, Joey Harrington at QB, and no other viable receiving option that concerned opposing defenses. He is a top 10 WR right now.

Chris Chambers has always been a tease. You can see his talent but it never translates to him taking over a game. We haven't had a whole lot of talent around him the past two years and he did have Fiedler throwing him the ball but still... Playmakers make plays regardless (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison before Reggie Wayne, David Boston in Arizona, etc).

So if we are to compare division RB's can Buffalo include Losman because he's a mobile QB and the rest of the division is not?

Compare WR's. Once you start adding in the threats of TE's, RB's, FB's ad nauseaum you might as well throw in the pass protection ability of the offensive line and QB's as well and label this "best passing attacks".

If we are to play that game then the best passing attacks in the division would be:

New England: Brady, 5-6 WR's that can gain quickly gain separation, many talented TE's, and one of the best pass protection lines in the NFL.

New York: Pennington with Coles & Mcarreins, great O-line.

Buffalo: Losman is a big mystery at this point but at least he has Moulds, Evans, and Parrish. Bills line should be very solid scheme wise in pass protection with Jim Mcnally running the show.

Miami: Feeley or Frerotte will keep this attack from scaring anyone. Chambers, Booker, and Boston are mainly possession receivers, and Randy McMichael is a very good pass catcher. Offensive line was horrendous at protecting the QB last year and little talent has been brought in.

baalworship said:
Miami the best WR corps in the NFL?! Your WR's aren't even better than

New England
Buffalo
Jersey

who are in your division.

:roflmao:

Last years stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/WR-RECEIVING/2004/regular

3. Eric Moulds
12. Chris Chambers
16. David Givens
17. Justin McCareins
21. Marty Booker
24. Lee Evans

Why is it that Miami's top 2 receivers come before everyone elses top 2 receivers in the division?

Well most of our guys are already proven to be great.
But theres is young and are going to be great when all 3 are healthy.

So I'd say its a tie.

Miami Dolphins top 2 WR's 2004: 1536 yards, 119 Recs, 8 TD's

New England top 2 WR's 2004: 1674 yards, 100 Recs, 10 TD's

New York top 2 WR's 2004: 1608 yards, 101 Recs, 9 TD's

Buffalo top 2 WR's 2004: 1886 yards, 136 Recs, 14 TD's

Honestly, i would take Miami's recieving core right now. Rodgers looks good, but he's only played what? 6 games his whole career. Roy Williams is pretty good, still young and in expirienced, and we dont even know about Mike Williams yet. I'd rather have a healthy Chambers, Boston, Booker over the Lions three. Our recievers are very under rated considering we have very little time to get the ball out to them, and Harrington is rarely sacked. Oh yeah, and if your counting McMichael and Lee, we have a clear advantage.

Back
Top Bottom