The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 04: Ryan Tannehill and Calvin Pace at the annual NFL International fixture as the New York Jets compete against the Miami Dolphins at Wembley Stadium on October 4, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Marsland/WireImage)

We are approximately one month away from Training camp, and I for one, am more excited about this Dolphin team than I have been in quite a long time. I understand that all of the critics expect this team to be one of the worst in football, but I do not. I believe this team is going to be at least a 10 win team. Let me explain:

https://thegruelingtruth.net/football/nfl/the-miami-dolphins-are-a-10-win-team-and-here-is-why/

The team does look great on paper, quite a bit better than last year's roster. DK, the fact that Ryan is back under center is just huge. Cutler lost games for us, RT will win games for us with his arm, legs or whatever it takes. The o-line will also be a huge game changer. I know we always think this will be the o-line that plays well and stays healthy and it blows up in our face. This will be different. This group has all pre-season to practice together in the S. Fl. sweltering heat and gel as a unit. I believe Sitton will be a great Miami Dolphin and he will elevate Tunsil's game simply by lining up next to him and showing him how it's done. I really thought Pouncey was hurting the team with his sub-par play last year. The word on Kilgore is that he's an upgrade, plus he's able to practice with his guys every day. I'm excited to see Davis and James on the right side. I actually think we have a good looking o-line going forward with some very fine depth. As far as weapons on offense, we loaded and we're fast. Drake, Ballage, Grant, Stills and Wilson are all guys that can leave you in the dirt. We have great RBs and receivers but the NFL doesn't know about us yet.

I see them winning 10 games barring any major injuries.

What I wonder is barring major injury what happens if we only win 8? Do we get rid of Gase? Tannehill? Both?
Good question. I'd guess Tannehill, yes. Gase, maybe one more year.

What I wonder is barring major injury what happens if we only win 8? Do we get rid of Gase? Tannehill? Both?

That's the real question, what happens if we only win 7 or 8 games? Do we stick with the status quo or make a change?

I predict we go 8-8. We have improved our roster but also left a hole at the DT position and our LBs are mostly unknowns. Other teams have improved as well and feel just as confident.

I agree and have posted so.
Call me a extremist but I am calling for a 10 6 season and will be very disappointed with anything less. There are 2 conditions though for this to happen first RT stays healthy and Gase lives up to his ego as a coach.
If any of the 2 do not happen or less expect a 6 10 season with RT and Gase to be on the red hot seat next season.
Gase now has his team no excuses.

gabriel-iglesias-800x445.jpg

10-6 wildcard team, more upgrades than downgrades with Tannehill coming back, McMillan is almost like an extra 2nd this year if he plays well and last but not least our schedule is much MUCH more favorable than last year where we played a top 6 schedule, lost our bye week and traveled 2x more than any other team.... not joking with those stats lol..

There were also tons of non-player related issues that went horribly wrong last year as well, I don't see us having nearly as many (if any) of those issues this year.

• I think the team will be much improved over last year
  • I think the team could possibly be a 10 win team
  • I think that fan-blog was a bit over-the-top

I think we have to remember the 10 win hope is coming from Dolphin fans. There are a number of so called non-biased people around the country who have the team as a 5 win or less team. With that in mind If the team wins 8 games that's still playing well over expectations. I wouldn't think of getting rid of either Gase or Tannehill unless there is evidence that suggest they're what is holding the team back. For example if Tannehill and the offense plays well, but the defense is giving up 28-30 points per game resulting in 8 losses than I would keep Gase and Tannehill and focus 2019 on fixing what ever the problem was with the defense. Now if the defense is giving up 15 to 16 points per game, the o-line is at least par and Tannehill is struggling to move the offense than I would listen to those who would be screaming it's time for a change at qb. To me it always comes down to "do you think whoever you draft or sign could realisticly do better if placed in the same situation or enviorment.

Here's why:

Because Dolphin fans are always hyped on their squad in the summer. I've heard we're gonna be a 10+ win team every year for the past... every single year I've been on this board. The year we went 1-15 people were saying 9-7 haha.

You must hang with a different crowd. I tend to see the Dolphin fan base as more pessimistic. This is the first season in years I’ve seen this much enthusiasm.

Back
Top Bottom