The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

How about this?

DL is below avg now. No dominate DT to take up double teams. No dominate DE to get 15-20 sacks.

LB still unknown. McMillan can be a solid MLB making Kiko better but the other side is still very unknown.

No true WR1. Fans used to scream for a WR1 until Landry came. Now he’s gone and they say ya but he really wasn’t a true WR1 so it’s cool, we got Amendola and Wilson now bra!

OL, outside of Sitton this group is an unknown. The journeyman, Kilgore will prove to be a downgrade at C. Sitton needs replaced within 3 years.

Drake/Gore will make big plays and be good enough to help them win games, but they don’t have a top 12 RB that’s a true difference maker. No Gurley, no Bell, not even as good as Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, Gordon or Elliot.

TE an upgrade over the nothing they had, but needs another year before being a reliable target and difference maker compared to playoff caliber teams.

Guys who agree with this article aren’t taking a balanced approach to the Fins roster. You’re not comparing them to the top 15 teams and what their rosters look like too. You’re full of hope and last time I checked, hope isn’t just a bad strategy, it isnt a strategy at all.

I think the run defense will be the Achilles heel of this team (unless we pick up a free agent DT). If Tannehill struggles then we draft a QB in the first and the rest of the draft picks devoted to defense. Double down on DT, another LB, and DE.

I see them winning 10 games barring any major injuries.

What I wonder is barring major injury what happens if we only win 8? Do we get rid of Gase? Tannehill? Both?

Too many variables to answer that. If Miami's 1st 7 games are 2-5 and the last 9 are 8-1, no changes at HC or QB. Significant injuries mean no changes. 8-8 when people are already claiming Miami has a tough schedule means no change. In fact, barring an implosion of some kind (e.g., a number of blowouts), there will be no significant changes.

I think we have to remember the 10 win hope is coming from Dolphin fans. There are a number of so called non-biased people around the country who have the team as a 5 win or less team. With that in mind If the team wins 8 games that's still playing well over expectations. I wouldn't think of getting rid of either Gase or Tannehill unless there is evidence that suggest they're what is holding the team back. For example if Tannehill and the offense plays well, but the defense is giving up 28-30 points per game resulting in 8 losses than I would keep Gase and Tannehill and focus 2019 on fixing what ever the problem was with the defense. Now if the defense is giving up 15 to 16 points per game, the o-line is at least par and Tannehill is struggling to move the offense than I would listen to those who would be screaming it's time for a change at qb. To me it always comes down to "do you think whoever you draft or sign could realisticly do better if placed in the same situation or enviorment.

I doubt they are "non-biased". Possibly not knowledgeable about the Dolphins, but not "non-biased".

I think we have to remember the 10 win hope is coming from Dolphin fans. There are a number of so called non-biased people around the country who have the team as a 5 win or less team.

NFL win predictions have a poor correlation to reality. Thus, every year a number of teams "surprise." It's pretty easy to predict poor teams to remain poor and good teams to remain good. Those predictions are pretty bad at predicting changes.

Maybe a little more this then that.

How about this?

DL is below avg now. No dominate DT to take up double teams. No dominate DE to get 15-20 sacks.

DL is somewhat known, not sure if it was better with Suh, since we weren't top 10 run stop. We're have to see how they them. As far as DE, isn't Wake still here?, Quinn had 8 1/2 sacks from his LBer position last year, now he can hunt full time. So it's possible for one of those two to get double digit sacks if not both. Our 1st round pick from last year may improve and Hayes and Andre aren't bad.

LB still unknown. McMillan can be a solid MLB making Kiko better but the other side is still very unknown.
True

No true WR1. Fans used to scream for a WR1 until Landry came. Now he’s gone and they say ya but he really wasn’t a true WR1 so it’s cool, we got Amendola and Wilson now bra!
Landry was not a true #1 receiver, he was the #1 targeted receiver. Basically playing the blanket of a TE and Slot. Think back over the years, our slot receivers have done pretty good, making up for not having a real good TE.

OL, outside of Sitton this group is an unknown. The journeyman, Kilgore will prove to be a downgrade at C. Sitton needs replaced within 3 years.

Wasn't Kilgore on the field last year G was killing it for his new contract. That was Kilgore at center correct, SF did resign him if I'm not mistaken. Just don't think he's a downgrade. We know what the rest of this group can do. The only one we haven't had was Sitton, so other than James being out the last 8 games, Drake was running behind these guys for the league leading rush job at the end correct? Now some who were there are back ups. Not a bad place to be in.

Drake/Gore will make big plays and be good enough to help them win games, but they don’t have a top 12 RB that’s a true difference maker. No Gurley, no Bell, not even as good as Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, Gordon or Elliot.

wasn't Drake a difference maker once he was the starter? Just sayin, he beat out all those guys you named in the last 5-6 games if I remember correctly. Gore, HOF, looked pretty good last year. If our OL remain as good as they were at the end of last year, then I can see him having a very successful 2018 campaign, and our rookie, agreed, unknown.

TE an upgrade over the nothing they had, but needs another year before being a reliable target and difference maker compared to playoff caliber teams.
Who knows some rooks show their stuff from the get go, others need a year or two. I really thought Gray should have played more last year, especially when Thomas wasn't showing much. Gray had a pretty good 2016, so I couldn't understand why they didn't use him more last year. When he did get in, he played pretty good. At least he has chemistry with Tannehill..we'll see.

Guys who agree with this article aren’t taking a balanced approach to the Fins roster. You’re not comparing them to the top 15 teams and what their rosters look like too. You’re full of hope and last time I checked, hope isn’t just a bad strategy, it isnt a strategy at all.

Agree, we should compare our team to those we're going to play. But if you don't have hope, you have nothing. It's not about strategy for the fan, its supporting your team and HOPING they've done enough to be better this year. The strategy is at the GM/coaches level.

I’m all for 10 wins, but will accept 8+ this year as the spring board to 12 next year ... think it will take this year for things to jell + click ... next year we should be rolling, particularly with this new batch of rookies who should be impact players by next year.

Its to easy to say we lost Suh and Landry that we will suck. They were the toughest guys we had on each side of the ball. I am in the 10+ win camp, I don't see a glaring weakness like in the past. But positions like linebacker and TE are filled with rookies, so what will we get from them is tough to say.

I've said Gase and Tannehill have until 2020. The current crop of rookies isn't about this year, its about the out years.

As for predictions prior to TC and PS is I guess the time to wave your pom poms. Let's see who makes the WK 1 roster before we start PREDICTING week 16 outcomes.

Maybe a little more this then that.

Agree, we should compare our team to those we're going to play. But if you don't have hope, you have nothing. It's not about strategy for the fan, its supporting your team and HOPING they've done enough to be better this year. The strategy is at the GM/coaches level.

True, not what I meant. It goes without saying that fans don’t have control over coaching decisions. However, hope doesn’t equate to wins and losses so when making predictions, hope isn’t a sound basis for anything fans should use.

I've said Gase and Tannehill have until 2020. The current crop of rookies isn't about this year, its about the out years.

As for predictions prior to TC and PS is I guess the time to wave your pom poms. Let's see who makes the WK 1 roster before we start PREDICTING week 16 outcomes.

There's a difference between predictions and better predictions. Happens in all aspects of life. People predict political races as soon as someone announces. People predict what new medical procedures will be in 5 years. Let's not pretend predicting team wins is somehow unacceptable until early September. That's why a number of people note they keep the option to change their minds after TC.

As for predicting, there are a number of options. Based on talent, based on SOS, based on new coaches. I still see the win total affected by the 1st 4-5 games which is why I have 8. After that, I'm more concerned about Gase/Burke.

Back
Top Bottom