The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame. Select your winner!

• Dave Wannstedt

• Nick Saban

• Cam Cameron

• Tony Sparano

• Joe Philbin

• Adam Gase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wannstead at one point had GM privileges and basically took this franchise down to the toilet by trading way picks, and making it even worse here for other coaches. I remember in one draft our pick happen to be our 3rd round pick. His record as a coach is misleading because he inherited his team.

Cameron was stats absolutely the worst, but he was only able to damage the organisation for a year and in the end we recovered from the one season he was here. I hated the Philbin hire, you hire an HC because he was OC for the most high powered O in the game, but the HC was calling the plays and Aaron Rodgers in his prime was the QB, then Hard Knocks shows him for all his glory as a pedant from another era. Philbin was allowed to hang around for way too long and did a lot of damage as apathy set in.

Nah... He Was bad across the board but I voted for Gase. He systemically lowered the entire franchise to the point a half-witted moron could've followed him and looked like the second coming of Shula.
Gase was interesting. I thought maybe he figured it out early when he started riding Ajayi. Tannehill was playing well etc.

Lots of really bad coaches on that list.

Uhm HELLO...it's definitely Brian Flores. Dude seems completely lost as a 2nd year HC during a rebuild, couldn't make the playoffs, and worst of all supported the drafting and starting of Bua Shwagovailoa.

I mean this kid is short, has a weaker arm than Chad Pennington after his injuries, and almost had a complete year of rehab after his injury...which he wouldn't have ever gotten if he wasn't so damn small and weak. Another huge whiff by Flo and Co.

I am completely being sarcastic and flippant. I just wanted to know what it felt like to hate a team that I'm apparently a fan of..it feels oh so good to be so naughty. 🙃😜

Cameron was the worst coach by far but Wannstedt drove a proud, legendary franchise into the dirt for a decade. If you paid someone to destroy a franchise, his competition for highest paid would be Bill O Brien...maybe Matt Millen and his "Yes, Im drafting a WR high in the 1st round for the third straight year"
Wannstedt had winning teams all but his last year when he lost his franchise player right before training camp. The team was so run into the ground that Saban had a winning team again the next year. Who knows what could have happened had Saban picked Aaron Rodgers or signed Drew Brees.

I'm not saying Wannstedt was a good coach but him being the start of a line of bad coaches is being counted against him unfairly.

I will write in my vote with: Jimmy Johnson. What he did to Dan I will never forget.

But being he is not an option, I choose: Joe Philbin - the guy was just not a leader. Look how he handled the Chad Johnson episode, it made me cringe that he was almost apologizing.
I really like this answer because JJ did something incredibly stupid when he took the Dolphin job- Took the ball out of Marino’s hands in an ego driven attempt to force feed a run game that simply was never good enough.

Jimmy could never live with the fact Dan Marino was the Miami Dolphins and that he’d always be second fiddle. When you look at the Defense he built while here, just imagine if he would have been smart enough to invest in more WR and TE talent and go All-In on Marino throwing the ball.

I honestly feel like he could have won us 1, maybe 2 rings if he wasn’t so determined to turn us into a 3 Yard and a cloud of dust type of team. All while having the most talented passer the NFL has ever seen IMHO

I consider Gase a very bad HC, no doubt. But relative to the majority of the board, I'm probably higher on his Dolphin performance than most! I mean, he went almost .500 over 3 years, made the playoffs, with not exactly a talent laden roster (look at the Tannenbaum threads) and Tannehill injured for a decent while. He was 14-5 with Ajayi starting. Had the Phins top 3 each year in big plays of >30 yds.

Don't knock down a straw man - I hate Gase, and he was worse with the Jets. But there have been lots worse HC's.

Wannstead at one point had GM privileges and basically took this franchise down to the toilet by trading way picks, and making it even worse here for other coaches. I remember in one draft our pick happen to be our 3rd round pick. His record as a coach is misleading because he inherited his team.
Wannstadt also got screwed by rickys sudden retirement.

I consider Gase a very bad HC, no doubt. But relative to the majority of the board, I'm probably higher on his Dolphin performance than most! I mean, he went almost .500 over 3 years, made the playoffs, with not exactly a talent laden roster (look at the Tannenbaum threads) and Tannehill injured for a decent while. He was 14-5 with Ajayi starting. Had the Phins top 3 each year in big plays of >30 yds.

Don't knock down a straw man - I hate Gase, and he was worse with the Jets. But there have been lots worse HC's.
Look at point differential. No miami coach has a worse one than gase (nfl only).

Wrong-stadt told the world he was "going to build an OL for Rickey to run behind. Bear in mine Rickey was our offense with over 400 carries for the year. Wrong-stadt not only totall botched the draft (a winebacker for spocial teams, but drafted Jamar Fletcher) but he didn't sign one free agent OL, or draft one. Rickey "went up in smoke"...
That could have been a good team ruined by that stupid arrogant fool.

Dave Wannstedt by far, first he destroyed the Bears then he came over to the Dolphins and turned us into the walking dead. The man was like a plague

Wannstedt was before my time. I think it’s hard to argue he’s the worst, given his record of two playoff appearances and a divisional championship, but from what I’ve read, he was responsible for the long term immiseration of the franchise and running Ricky so damn hard he fled the country, so I suppose that puts him in the conversation.

Saban wasn’t a bad football coach he was just cowardly in how he handled his situation here and bailed to Alabama. Obviously, it was a good move for him, but you just wish he handled it all differently and didn’t lie throughout the season. I don’t remember much of him though because I was pretty young and just beginning to follow football.

I haven’t missed a game since the ’07 season when I was 15 years old, so that’s where my knowledge begins. I don’t see how Cam Cameron isn’t the worst of the bunch. That team was so, so, so bad. I’ll never forget screaming and losing my damn mind as Camarillo took that one to the house in overtime (from freaking Cleo Lemon of all people!) to avoid the winless campaign. Felt like winning the Super Bowl to me then. Cameron was an alright OC for Baltimore after he got canned here, but was in way over his head as a HC. Thank God Parcells fired him asap after taking over the reigns, although I'll never forgive the Parcells triumvirate for how they did ZT dirty.

Sparano wasn’t a terrible coach but he wasn’t great either. Ol’ Fist Pump (RIP) seemed like a decent guy and that ’08 campaign was spectacular—even if it was mostly due to a weak schedule and Pennington falling in our laps shortly before the season started. Ireland was a bad GM and Sparano was a Parcells disciple who did not have his finger on the pulse of the latest trends in the league. I loved Jake Long, but passing on Matt Ryan and settling for Chad Henne in the second round was a terrible mistake.

Joe Philbin is probably second worst for me. He just very clearly was not a leader of a group of alpha men in an NFL locker room. Not every coach has to be a screamer to be a motivator—look at Tony Dungy—but Philbin just didn’t have it. I feel like his teams were never prepared to start games, he wasn’t good at making halftime adjustments, he blew up a pretty good defense, stunted Tannehill’s development, couldn’t piece together a decent o-line despite that supposedly being his specialty. I think the only reason he got the job is because Aaron Rodgers vouched for him and he showed up to his interview with a big binder he fooled Ross with.

Gase probably gets my vote for third worst. We made the same mistake we did with Philbin—Philbin’s success in Green Bay was due to future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers, likewise with Gase in Denver and Manning. Gase was just such an arrogant prick who was inflexible and bled talent because he couldn’t work with anyone. I have to give him props for going to the Jets, coaching terribly for the past two seasons, then screwing up the Tank for Trevor with some meaningless late season wins. It was a lovely parting gift from him.

Just my two cents.

I was looking for olivadotti but since we aren’t talking about coordinators I would say cam Cameron... he really had no clue what was happening

Back
Top Bottom