***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 920 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section126 said:
Eddie House is being looked at.

all i got to say is LOL, dont expect him to really run the point or anything he just spots up and........BRICK House!

ShuggieOtis said:
eddie is like a damon jones...but worse? is that possible? LOL

Yeah you can be a lot worse than Damon Jones, Damon can get streaky and make you a lot of three pointers, and runs the point decent. Not that Damon is great by any stretch but he doesnt suck, you have to use him right

ShuggieOtis said:
eddie is like a damon jones...but worse? is that possible? LOL
Eddie House is nothing like Damon Jones. The only similarity they have is their three point ability. Both are poor defenders, but Eddie House at least has quickness. Damon Jones is a decent ballhandler, and Eddie House isn't "horrible" there but not good either. And, overall, Eddie House is a far better scorer. He can shoot from anywhere on the court when he's hot, unlike Damon Jones who shoots nothing but three's.

But of course, he's a hot/cold player so you have to have another option off the bench. If you go into the season with Eddie House as your one & only backup PG, then you're pretty screwed especially if Jason Williams goes down. He's basically an undersized SG who can survive at PG when a guy like Dwyane Wade is in there at the 2. There will be games where he plays 20+ minutes, and there may be games where he doesn't play much at all. That's why we'd still need a guy like Gary Payton.

Blueprint said:
Eddie House is nothing like Damon Jones. The only similarity they have is their three point ability. Both are poor defenders, but Eddie House at least has quickness. Damon Jones is a decent ballhandler, and Eddie House isn't "horrible" there but not good either. And, overall, Eddie House is a far better scorer. He can shoot from anywhere on the court when he's hot, unlike Damon Jones who shoots nothing but three's.

But of course, he's a hot/cold player so you have to have another option off the bench. If you go into the season with Eddie House as your one & only backup PG, then you're pretty screwed especially if Jason Williams goes down. He's basically an undersized SG who can survive at PG when a guy like Dwyane Wade is in there at the 2. There will be games where he plays 20+ minutes, and there may be games where he doesn't play much at all. That's why we'd still need a guy like Gary Payton.

your points are good i agree E. House is quicker. He shoots off his shot within a half a second and once again whens he hot, hes hot. I just feel that the lack of abillity to create his own shot, rebound, play defense, etc. lumps him into one particular kind of player. And that is a off the bench perimeter spot up shooter. These guys can only have so much effectiveness (eddie h, damon j, q rich, ) . Now i feel that there are other guys like Peja or Radmonovic that are the same type of players....they are obviously better than eddie or damon but i feel they still supply that one factor.... Obviously the hornets and many others would disagree with me (68 mil). Just my input, i wouldnt be complaining if E. House was comin off the bench for the nets and got a couple of three looks....i would complain if he missed him tho lol :D

this is a little off topic, but man i hate Shaq, and don't want anyone compared to Kobe to do well in the NBA playoffs... maybe you can tell that i'm from LA

aznkioken said:
this is a little off topic, but man i hate Shaq, and don't want anyone compared to Kobe to do well in the NBA playoffs... maybe you can tell that i'm from LA

Where you from in L.A.??????

Couldn't let this thread stay on the second page, so here's an article on what the Heat need to accomplish this offseason.

Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom