***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 922 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
culpepper2chambers said:
hey blueprint. when does nba league pass come out so i can order it??

My guess would be a week or 2 before the season starts. So check towards the middle of October.

Ray Finkle said:
My guess would be a week or 2 before the season starts. So check towards the middle of October.
it may even come out a little earlier than that. And usually there are "early bird specials" so keep your eye out for that.

Ray Finkle said:
Yup, and if you have comcast you can probably order it now in advance..

Caps said:
Great prospect to bring in and see what type of potential he's got and how ready he is. He should be kind've NBA ready as he's older and more mature than your average prospect at about 23-years old, and he's got talent. He's left handed and isn't a very good shooter, but to me, he was one of the best in the country and getting to the basket in college, and that's what will make or break him in the NBA; whether or not he handle the tougher defenders. He's kind've a poor man's Manu Ginobili, without the jumpshot, but we've got the best shooting coach in the NBA if you ask me. Damon Jones, Rafer Alston, Eddie House (just to name a few) - all of those guys came into Miami as "slightly above average" shooters and left as excellent ones. At his full potential, he's Ginobili without the jumper, but if you watch him play, he's very similar to Deshawn Stevenson.

I still want to see Miami bring in Marcus Banks, but it looks like we won't be spending the full MLE. Marcus Banks + more control in his game + a better shot = potential Chauncey Billups type of player. I wish we could convince him that if he comes here, his game will improve drastically..

Does anyone know the schedule of when the Heat play their summer league games? I am in Orlando and I know they play their games here. I really want to see what this Dorrell Wright kid is all about in person... and want to go to the games. They're open to the public, right?

Also, where exactly are they played? And how much does it cost for admission?

Thanks...

culpepper2chambers said:
you could prolly find all that info on the internet.

Thats what I am doing... this place is my best resource... :wink:

Blueprint said:
I still want to see Miami bring in Marcus Banks, but it looks like we won't be spending the full MLE. Marcus Banks + more control in his game + a better shot = potential Chauncey Billups type of player. I wish we could convince him that if he comes here, his game will improve drastically..

He's a free agent?

ESPN is so damn stupid, it makes me sick..

Least impressive: Dorell Wright, Heat

Wright said he talked to good friend Dwyane Wade just before taking the court Monday night. But the second-year guard looked nothing like Wade, struggling with his decision-making most of the night.

Wright made just 4-of-10 shots and had three turnovers to go with his 12 points. Wright had two fouls in the first few minutes and allowed Morrison to shake free for two jump shots early on.

But Wright did pick up his defense in the second half after Heat assistant coach Keith Askins teased him that Morrison was about to score 30 against him. In fact, Wright played a role in Morrison's missing nine consecutive shots at one point.

If the 6-foot-8 Wright, who played just 23 NBA games in his first two seasons, is going to get on the floor for the Heat, it's going to have to be with his defense.

First off, after reading the third paragraph, how is that NOT impressive?

Since when was 4/10, 12 points, 3 turnovers while in foul trouble horrible? It proves how clueless they are when they call Dorell Wright's only chance on to play will be with his defensive abilities, when his defense is his biggest question and he's probably one of the better all-around offensive perimeter players we've had on this team in years (excluding Wade of course). They judge a guy on a bad shooting night where he still goes 4/10. You can almost tell that whoever wrote that, never read his scouting report or even seen him play before a damn summer league game. :rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom