The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to extend Mike Pouncey this offseason. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to extend Mike Pouncey this offseason.

Mmm. So some of you want him gone, with no replacement on the team ready too fill the void....smart thinking people. Smart thinking.

Mmm. So some of you want him gone, with no replacement on the team ready too fill the void....smart thinking people. Smart thinking.

I've personally never gotten rid of anything in my life without knowing exactly how I was going to replace it. The other day I decided I really hate this particular towel I own. Did I just toss it? Nope. I went on the internet and picked out a replacement towel, drew a map to the store and asked them to hold it for me until I arrived.

Just the way I roll.

To those of you who don't want Pouncey on the team....who're you guys replacing him with?

Absolutely keep him. We have enough Oline issues for next year.. He's a pro bowl center and one less position on that line to fill..

There is no issues with Pouncey and this probly presents an opportunity to make his new contract so that more money is available this year. But two sides have to agree.

Prior to last season, he was one of the 2 or 3 best Centers in the NFL. You can probably extend him for cheaper now, after a down year at OG, so I'm good with it. Don't like him as a person, but with the other holes we'll have to address, you have to keep one of your best players. Prior to last season, he was, without doubt, our best offensive player. You have to move him back to Center, and depending on Turner's development, you address the OG positions in FA and the draft. The O-line could easily turn into the strength of this team next year. It's dependent upon Albert's health and what we do at OG, but it's easier and cheaper to address OG than OT. Pair that with a physical running back, and you have the makings of a great running game - with Miller providing nice burst as a complimentary RB.

My god, do people really think Pouncey is gonna do something to make the team lose draft picks.

Do you really believe that? Like really?

:bobdole:

What has he shown that would even remotely come close to that?

Put him back at center, and we're set at that position for the duration of his new contract. I'm sick of letting players go on the basis of perceived issues and attitudes, cuz as born out, the team is only biting its own nose to spite its face. If we had Reggie toting the ball, Vontae defending and even Incog at guard, we might just have seen the playoffs even with Philbin's poor field judgements and propensity to police up gum wrappers as a number one priority. So screw that.

This is what Ireland did with Jones, signed him before he thought his value would move higher, then he had that down year, played a little better this year I suppose. Pouncey at least has a little more track record of playing better then Jones did before he got his extension. Guess will see how it ends up. Clay is a little more iffy proposition, not sure what kind of contract offers he is going to get and there are some other FA tight ends hittting the market as well.

I'm not a big fan of Pouncey, and he was not a top center in 2013 overall. However, have to consider the condition of the OL, and I do not see a better option. If we sign him to a new deal, his cap hit this year very likely goes from over $7M to maybe $3M, a good thing.

It will be interesting to see if the team then goes after a top OG. Or, they think Turner, Smith, and Dallas will work in between Pouncey and Albert and James. We shall see.

This is what Ireland did with Jones, signed him before he thought his value would move higher, then he had that down year, played a little better this year I suppose. Pouncey at least has a little more track record of playing better then Jones did before he got his extension. Guess will see how it ends up. Clay is a little more iffy proposition, not sure what kind of contract offers he is going to get and there are some other FA tight ends hittting the market as well.

Clay is the best option for Tannehill and this team. Even more so with the indecision at WR.

"Oh you had the worst season of your career? Let's reward that with a contract extension!" Said no team except the Miami Dolphins.

Well its not like he played a position this year that ha hadnt played in a few years.

We definitely need Pouncey back in the middle of the line. He needs to be fully healthy though. Pouncey is such a great leader and communicator in the middle of the line, he needs to be back into that roll full time, and it will help our O-Line tremendously. I have faith he will be back to his solid game when the 2015 season is commencing. (also bringing in starters at the G position)

Back
Top Bottom